Using an Xbox live profile on an rgh console

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
I have an Xbox 360 E and wanted to rgh it. The profile that I use on it is the same profile that I use on my other Xbox consoles.
Just one question, if I rgh my Xbox 360 console and never connect it to Xbox live, will my account be banned on my other consoles that are connected to Xbox live?
For example I have my account on my Series S and I will be accessing my backwards compatible saves on the Series S. Would that get me banned or will it not since my 360 will never be connected to Xbox live?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't worry about it as long as you don't sign in. that's one reason I went legit with the switch onward. it's too easy to make a mistake with these consoles, and after having been banned on the ps3, I don't want to experience that again. I actually made a new account for both the ps5 and the series x, and I didn't link my nnid to my account for the switch. I don't want my actions on another console to affect another like if my account gets banned or something. you should always use a different account on each console you exploit or at least don't sign in. sony banned both my system and my account in that case, which affected my vita, pstv, and ps4, since I was using the same account, and my ps4 was legit at the time too. I don't know if microsoft would ban the account or not.
The thing is my offline profile isn't linked to my account. It's just an offline profile. Even if I connect to Xbox live which I won't, my account won't get banned, but my console will.

Reactions: godreborn

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just one more question. I will be connecting the console to the internet but It won't access Xbox live since I have blocked live access in family controls and will enable live block on dash launch.
Would connecting to the internet ban my account too? Or will it not since it isn't signed into Xbox live?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one more question. I will be connecting the console to the internet but It won't access Xbox live since I have blocked live access in family controls and will enable live block on dash launch.
Would connecting to the internet ban my account too? Or will it not since it isn't signed into Xbox live?
It's safe.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if the xuid is the same as the profile ID. The xuid is what you need for avatar stuff. I don't know if you have to sign in to get an xuid either. What I'm getting at is whether or not the id will be the same, so doing that may be pointless. just don't sign in. Block live in family settings.
Hey I just checked the xuid of both profiles in Horizon.
The offline one is just a bunch of zeros but the online one has a bunch of different numbers. And also the domain on the online one is Xbox.com were as the offline one doesn't have a domain. The online one also has live enabled.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to use your main profile on an a RGH'd Xbox 360, you want to copy the profile to a usb flash drive and keep it there, do not move it from there, and copy the saves of that profile (if you want to use them) and keep there too, don't move them to the internal hdd.
Then, when you first boot the system, do NOT make the profile sign in automatically there, either on Xbox dash, Aurora, FSD etc. and do not sign in it, what you want to do is, launch the game after it starts only then you should sign in, play as much as you like. And if you want to return to the dash, Aurora or whatever, sign off first then do it.
The point is to never sign in there (and only in game) as it can write some stuff to your profile, that says this profile used or accessed homebrew software, flagging your profile the moment you sign in to Xbox Live, and whether they will ban you instantly or not if they detect that (or if they still care about 360s?) is worth considering, if it's your real/main profile we're talking about here.
Is it okay if I sign in on the Xbox Dashboard? Cause I might need to edit my cloud saves from the storage setting. Would that get me banned?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it okay if I sign in on the Xbox Dashboard? Cause I might need to edit my cloud saves from the storage setting. Would that get me banned?
It should be safe in theory, as long as you as you sign in while in the Xbox Dash and signing off afterwards when you're done with it (in the Xbox dash of course). And do not launch any homebrew app/software while using it in there.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should be safe in theory, as long as you as you sign in while in the Xbox Dash and signing off afterwards when you're done with it (in the Xbox dash of course). And do not launch any homebrew app/software while using it in there.
This is the idea I had in mind:
1-Leave the profile on a USB stick.
2-Sign in ONLY on the Xbox Dash. Or in game and before exiting the game
3-Sign out and remove the USB stick before launching homebrew or playing OG Xbox games(because I have to launch them from XexMenu or Aurora etc.)
4-Copy needed cloud saves for game of choice and launch them offline to minimize the time the console is connected to Xbox live.
Are these good precautions 🤣

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a problem. the profile contains what are called gpd files, possibly a history as well, these gpd files contain achievements among other things, including homebrew stuff. I'm assuming that's some sort of history. you can get the gpds with lef fluffie app. you can actually extract them to see if homebrew is in there, just need the title id as it will be like title id.gpd iirc.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there's a problem. the profile contains what are called gpd files, possibly a history as well, these gpd files contain achievements among other things, including homebrew stuff. I'm assuming that's some sort of history. you can get the gpds with lef fluffie app. you can actually extract them to see if homebrew is in there, just need the title id as it will be like title id.gpd iirc.
What if the profile has never used Homebrew?
Thanks for the suggestion!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if the profile has never used Homebrew?
Thanks for the suggestion!
I think you'll still have a problem with the kv. btw, I found my profile:

1652039559972.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F