Hacking Homebrew Homebrew app UX0 Tai folder lost and cannot figure out what to do

Aseir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Ive had my vita modded for a handfull of months now and recently decided to mess around with more stuff but now im having the error, C1-2741-4, when trying to open anything modded. from looking around I hoped to find some solution but most I have found is it may be related to the tai folder which had gotten deleted by mistake.
I attempted to fix by plugging my sd that im using for SD2VITA in to my laptop but its write protected. attempted to remove it to no avail so i cannot give it a new folder like that. My Vitashell cannot open. the only things that will open are the default apps. im unsure what to do and im scared to lose any and all data I have on there.

if anyone knows what to do or has any ideas id love any possible help.

Aseir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have to redo the hack if you can't get vitashell or molecular shell to work, anyway your config should be in ur0 not ux0.
when redoing the hack. will I have to wipe then do so? and Ill have to make sure to have it in ur0 instead of ux0 once this gets taken care of.

Aseir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your case, you need to redo the hack with henio

https://vita.hacks.guide/using-henlo.html#required-reading

Then point ux0 to SD2vita, so it boot from there, instead of it looking for the sony memory card which you need one if you don't have one.
okay thank you I really appreciate you giving your time! and I do thankfully have a sony mem card.
Post automatically merged:

In your case, you need to redo the hack with henio

https://vita.hacks.guide/using-henlo.html#required-reading

Then point ux0 to SD2vita, so it boot from there, instead of it looking for the sony memory card which you need one if you don't have one.
Hi apologies for bothering you again. i redid the hack and re-established the sd2vita. the error is still persisting. maybe I went wrong somewhere?

Last edited by Aseir,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the cause of the error, you can rebuild the config.txt in henkaku settings. If it's showing up as write protected, I think something may be wrong with the micro SD card itself.

Aseir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the cause of the error, you can rebuild the config.txt in henkaku settings. If it's showing up as write protected, I think something may be wrong with the micro SD card itself.
I'll attempt that but after extensive testing and messing around yeah im pretty sure its the sd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.