cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I convinced a vegetarian last night that my home made squirrel burgers where actually a new recipe of tofu burger. Apparently they where delicious.

Oh and BTW, this person has a habit of getting doner kebabs when pissed then having a go at me the day after for letting them.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
How the hell did he miss the arms & legs ??

Squirrel%2520Burger.jpg

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have had rabbit but not in burger form. why would anyone take the time to do that to rabbit meat?
Squirrels are smaller that would be even more time consuming. eh, burger-izing the squirrel meat...

funny when I had squirrel, it didn't taste like rabbit. I'd say it had a taste if its own.

what other meat have you burger-ized?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rastsan said:
I have had rabbit but not in burger form. why would anyone take the time to do that to rabbit meat?
Squirrels are smaller that would be even more time consuming. eh, burger-izing the squirrel meat...

funny when I had squirrel, it didn't taste like rabbit. I'd say it had a taste if its own.

Rabbit was the closest I could think of what I've had, similar sort of gamey. Like you said taste of it's own and hard to describe. But try and describe the taste of beef, lamb or pork. You'll find it just as hard.

QUOTEwhat other meat have you burger-ized?

Also made kangaroo and goat burgers. And "kangaroo and goat" burgers.

Locally we're trying to really knock down the numbers of grey squirrels so I got a box of "steaks" for nothing from a friend. Otherwise yes they'd have being grilled or shallow fried. I'm thinking maybe curry for the next batch.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
My squirrel was a "farm" squirrel. the rabbit meat was raised for that purpose.
I've had goat in every from but burger.
I like Rabbit in jerk or stew from. Haven't had kangaroo. have had ostrich (never again), gator (spicy stew couldn't really taste the meat), bear (man was that bear good), deer (pie, soup, stew, jerk), duck (sadly only in cantonese dishes here in toronto), boar (oh man that was a treat, my grandma did it up roast style).

can't really say which was my favorite. What was your favorite?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mystery meat stews (be they home cooked or church of the golden arches) and dishes where I was not informed of the contents for whatever reason aside I do not think I have ever eaten squirrel (somehow this includes the living seriously augmented by the land periods too)- they usually get fed to ferrets or dogs.

Back on topic if it is dead and physically edible/worth eating chances I am quite happy to munch upon it (although I will note straight up carnivores other than fish and insects tend to be avoided as they generally do not taste that nice), However burgers just seem such an pointless way of preparing things so knowingly it is probably still the big 4- pig, cow, sheep and horse (I was not paying attention in a market one day- shame to waste food and all that) as well as fish and chicken (although I am not sure about this one) if they can be counted.

My only problem with rabbit is that it does not keep well (once cooked) in your fridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...