Vita Game Dumper Leaked

N6NYRdW.png

The PS Vita game dumping tool, known as Vitamin, has just been leaked and is being tested and, so far, confirmed to be legit.

I am personally testing it by dumping one of my game cartridges (Gravity Rush) as we speak and everything looks good so far!

Needless to say, expect a huge surge in PS Vita sales (if you can still find one!) on both new and used units, as well as price hikes in the already notoriously expensive Sony Vita memory cards.

As a side not, please do not attempt to run this tool yourself until developers can confirm it is safe! It -may- brick your device!

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You think maybe game stores be watching the forums like "Uh oh, ps vita got hacked. Time to raise the prices of our system and games." :P

Some do, its like when I bought freakyforms for the 3ds for 2.79 (more than 10 in stock) next day they were 35.00 each and that was from a ebay store, not individual sellers.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita news just doesnt do it for me lol... The vita was suppose to be great but ended up turning out like crap and i havent even powered mines on in over a year. Id normally jump on something like this but IMO there just isnt any games worth the time.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So perhaps this sounds silly but any data compressors for games yet? Perhaps i think too much of the vita like a PSP, but i just can't help it. Yeah is different especailly the not using usd but game carts. Still i guess umd iso get compressed to save space but i guess since the games are carts themself is probably nothing to compress? I dunno, i just asked a question, anyone can answer with correct response. :ninja:

I see many cart based game have unneccary data added to them. NDS and 3DS roms are always somehow Full of unused data. Dumping carts is always something like 4MB 8MB 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1GB, 1.5, 2GB, You get the idea. I doubt they are that actual size filled with data as the installed files of games like CIA don't even get close to those values.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So perhaps this sounds silly but any data compressors for games yet? Perhaps i think too much of the vita like a PSP, but i just can't help it. Yeah is different especailly the not using usd but game carts. Still i guess umd iso get compressed to save space but i guess since the games are carts themself is probably nothing to compress? I dunno, i just asked a question, anyone can answer with correct response. :ninja:

I see many cart based game have unneccary data added to them. NDS and 3DS roms are always somehow Full of unused data. Dumping carts is always something like 4MB 8MB 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1GB, 1.5, 2GB, You get the idea. I doubt they are that actual size filled with data as the installed files of games like CIA don't even get close to those values.
Afaik, there is no compressor yet like making an iso into cso on psp.
There very well may eventually be, but I think priority right now is working out bugs and compatibility issues with the dumping tool. People have been taking out files they don't need to make games smaller, like extra language files in the thread about borderlands 2 for example. Many psp games also had a ton of padding. I dont know the structure of the vita games, but maybe in time we will have a gui that helps rip padding and other unwanted files from the dumps like the psp does. I remember one of the best examples being assassins creed. Got that sucker to just over 100mb after ripping out all the bs files. I hope we eventually get easy modifiable access to vita games just like the golden days of psp. Very intersting question btw. I can't wait to see if anything like the psp tools gets developed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was curious about something. If someone can dump a psvita demo and run it using henkaku, cause i like to know if is possible to unlock the demo into full playable game
Doubt it. Demos that unlock into a full game arent really used much anymore. Even if they are, it requires some type of purchased key to unlock. If that's the case, why not just get a dump of the full game? On the other hand, you question makes me wonder. The key to unlock a demo is theoretically dlc. If a demo like that does indeed exist and someone found a way to decrypt and use the key on a dumped demo, it could lead to people being able to use dumped dlc in their games. Possibly even being able to update a game through a dump of the update just like what can be done on a 3ds cia. But I'm just a vita noob adding my questions to yours. When the unlocking of things on a system first gets rolling, that's when it's so damn exciting.

Last edited by V0ltr0n,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they are, it requires some type of purchased key to unlock.
I just had the idea based on the knowledge of demo being the full game but restricting content unless paying to unlock it. I had some PS plus titles on my system that expired cause i don't have playstation plus anymore. I had wondered if i can dump the game to get it playable again without playstation plus, cause i guess the idea is to remove DRM from games. Of course since i never downloaded a raw demo for vita before and my playstation plus expired before vitamin was a thing i wasn't able to test it nor do i have enough storage on my system to try since is full of huge game downloads.:unsure:

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the idea based on the knowledge of demo being the full game but restricting content unless paying to unlock it. I had some PS plus titles on my system that expired cause i don't have playstation plus anymore. I had wondered if i can dump the game to get it playable again without playstation plus, cause i guess the idea is to remove DRM from games. Of course since i never downloaded a raw demo for vita before and my playstation plus expired before vitamin was a thing i wasn't able to test it nor do i have enough storage on my system to try since is full of huge game downloads.:unsure:
Hmmmm... Yeah, that is intriguing. Now I understand what you meant. Maybe at some point someone will develop a ps plus unlocker. Since you essentially still do have the full game, it's just behind a paywall now. That sounds like very risky business though, so idk if anyone would be brave enough to tackle that. Certainly not me. I lack the skill and the balls to try to hack ps plus for lack of a better term.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1