scionae

*clicking circles*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi people! First post here.

First, a little bit of backstory: I've studies Japanese for a full year properly at Uni and then when Covid hit everything came crushing down so that was a real bummer. I got so good at it that I was able to write and memorize all by myself a nice 自己紹介 (じこしょうかい) (Jikoshoukai) which is basically a self-introduction. I used Genki for vocabulary and grammar, and almost 0 outside sources aside from some website to help remember the vocabulary, maybe I'll post my pastebin here in another post as I think it's pretty useful.

Anyways, I want to start learning Japanese again. Where should I start? Do I get back into Genki right away? Do I focus on vocabulary first? I saved up a channel in my feeds called NihongoDekita and they offer, in the form of shorts, little tidbits about the Japanese language, maybe I'll start there to build a tiny vocabulary and/or expression list. Also, what are your opinions on ToKini Andy's Genki series? Is it good? Sorry for my broken english in advance.

Have a great day!

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am by far from a valid source. But in my opinion, I would say Vocabulary first, you can't tell the grammar of a sentence if you can't read the words.

Reactions: scionae

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: