What Anime would I like if I like Death Note?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really loved Death Note, and I would like to know if there are more Anime series like that.
I also love Beyblade and Medabots, but that's mostly because I grew up with those.
I've heard about an Anime called Monster, anyone familiar with it?

Sjaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Code Geass R1 and R2, both full of epicness
smile.gif

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Geass

It's one of the best animes I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot ^.^)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely Code Geass. It was the first anime I ever really watched and I watched it before Death Note. IIRC, they're coming out with R3 this year as well (even though most things were wrapped up in R2).

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Definitely Code Geass. It was the first anime I ever really watched and I watched it before Death Note. IIRC, they're coming out with R3 this year as well (even though most things were wrapped up in R2).
Yeah, definitley Code Geass, also it's not a R3, and it's not based on Lelouch either
Also if you haven't noticed yet, Lelouch is kinda dead.
But a completely new character.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really like Death Note, so I didn't watch the whole thing, but I know it had some psychological components, so you might like Serial Experiments Lain. I thought that was an excellent and pretty unique anime.

Wonder if I should give Death Note a second chance, a lot of people seem to like it...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Yeah, definitley Code Geass, also it's not a R3, and it's not based on Lelouch either

Even for a spoiler that was too much of a spoiler. And yeah, I know the ending, I finished R2.

I thought it was gonna follow the events after R2, not to mention there was kinda that little mysterious little cliffhanger with C2.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But that Code Geass series, is that more childish like Pokemon/Beyblade or more adult like Death Note?

Also, anyone know something about that Monster series? I've read somewhere it's very alike to Death Note, so I think I would love that Monster series too.
I've found a link already for the whole series, but I want to know for sure if it's gonna be good or not.

Big thanks already.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
But that Code Geass series, is that more childish like Pokemon/Beyblade or more adult like Death Note?

Also, anyone know something about that Monster series? I've read somewhere it's very alike to Death Note, so I think I would love that Monster series too.
I've found a link already for the whole series, but I want to know for sure if it's gonna be good or not.

Big thanks already.

Childish? Oh God no. It's quite adult. Segregation, racism, massacres, blood, some language, nudity, the usual stuff.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Krisboo said:
I watched some episodes of Monster, and i can tell you, it's very good, you should watch the anime.
Try it out.

c ya.

Awesome, thank you for your opinion. I'm downloading it now, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(Satangel @ Jan 10 2010, 06:34 PM) But that Code Geass series, is that more childish like Pokemon/Beyblade or more adult like Death Note?

Big thanks already.

Childish? Oh God no. It's quite adult. Segregation, racism, massacres, blood, some language, nudity, the usual stuff.

Okay, I'll ask my brother to download it.
If anyone got some other suggestions, please share.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Try a series called One Outs. It's about Baseball but it's very psycological between players of the team and the coach. Lots of people compare it to Death Note.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as for series similar to death note, you wont get many by way of anime. as for monster being similar to deathnote, there isn't much except that its fairly heavy, its an okay series. seeing as you haven't seen many, i'll probably be steering way of more general recommendations.

you should try out sayanora zetsubou sensei. its a comedy by shaft and does have a fair bit of childish comedy but it does explore a couple problems in society. heck the students alone are fairly representative of that.

There's Eden of the east, while it doesnt explore as heavy themes. its very bourne trilogy-esque. very good series with a movie out and another coming out.

you could try out Welcome to the NHK, its a story about a hikki/Neet (which pretty much is a person who is afraid to go outside, and is unemployed, not in education or training) and how he tries to cure his fear of going outside. also another very nice series.

and you might like BECK, its a great series about a couple of guys who form a band and try to get a label. a very enjoyable series. both manga and anime are worth a read/watch.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X D D X said:
Try a series called One Outs. It's about Baseball but it's very psycological between players of the team and the coach. Lots of people compare it to Death Note.
Ive never heard anyone compare that series

they always compare death note and code geass

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
luke_c said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Even for a spoiler that was too much of a spoiler. And yeah, I know the ending, I finished R2.

I thought it was gonna follow the events after R2, not to mention there was kinda that little mysterious little cliffhanger with C2.
What cliffhanger was that?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
luke_c said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I accidentally opened the spoiler and read it, I feel so bad now
frown.gif

I know from myself that I'll never forget these things, fuck, I ruined so much from the series now.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm busy with Monster and Code Geass now, but I'll keep this thread bookmarked if I need a new Anime.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Along with Death Note, I really enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist. They aren't too related, but I figured I would throw it out there anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Guild McCommunist said:
luke_c said:
Guild McCommunist said:

What cliffhanger was that?

Well, now that we've all ruined the ending...

Basically, C2 used to talk to Lelouch's mom (whatever her name was), even though she was dead. In the end, she's talking in the same manner she did to Lelouch's mom, but instead she says "Lelouch". Not to mention that the chick stated that her body was kept preserved in case there was a chance she could return to it. Not to mention that the same chick was also able to possess that Knight of the Round.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With your wife +1