What Anime would I like if I like Death Note?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pitman said:
Monster - 70 great episodes.

I'm watching this one at the moment, I'm at episode 6 now.
Liking it so far.

I'm also downloading Code Geass. After those 2 series, I'm gonna come back to this topic to get more series you guys suggested.
So see you in a year or so
smile.gif
!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah Monster is pretty good anyway i think Aoi Bungaku is like Death Note (same animation studio and so on) even if these only some episodes.

PS: if didn´t already saw it i can recommend "Eden of The East" and "Freedom" not like Death Note but really really good animes

Dagatahas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've watched Serial Experiment Lain and it is good but I liked Welcome to the NHK better. Monster is really too serious for my tastes.

As for series:

Saishū Heiki Kanojo(SaiKano) -> Serious story; Sci-Fi esque; Not recomended for kids

Air (Anime) -> Does not seem like a serious story at first but it becomes one(not an Action series)

Spice and Wolf(or Wolf and Spice) -> Story revolves around the relationship of a traveling merchant and a wolf spirit(?). Not really an action series more on mercantilism. Season 2 just recently completed.

Akira -> Never seen it but tons of reviews say it is a very good psych action thriller.

Metropolis(2001 anime) -> One of Osamu Tezukas mature audience stories. Quite good.

And also( if you need a pick me up after watching Monster)

FLCL -> 6ep. OVA From Gainax; As with all Gainax stuff I've seen you either love it or hate it after the first episode.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya -> Can't really classify this one but it is funny. Has Aliens, Time Travellers, Espers and a normal human male high schooler. Episodes of Season 1 are intentionally mixed up(go to Wikipedia for chronological re-arrangement as well as episode placement for Season 2). If you get "Episode 1" and it looks weird it would be the first episode shown when it was aired.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
da_head said:
code geass. imo its a mix of gundam and code geass
Did you mean to say it's a mix of Gundam and Death Note or something like that?
i think da_head is a pretty cool guy. eh likes code geass and doesnt a pretty cool guy.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm at episode 38 now in Monster, and so far it's been mediocre. It isn't half of addicting and good as Death Note, and it doesn't appeal to me that much. Hopefully it gets better soon, I'm gonna finish it anyway.

Code Geass, well that's something else! I only watched 1 episode, and bam, after 5 minutes I already knew I was going to love it.
Just amazing, it just hit the right buttons.

I however stopped it after 1 episode, I'm too busy with other things at the moment to concentrate me on Anime too much.
Elfen Lied is going to be here soon, hopefully it's good too.

Thanks for the great suggestions so far, I've added this thread to my bookmarks and I will check it regularly if I need a new series.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
You should watch Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.
The plot is actually interesting once it gets into it in the Kai arcs.

Satangel said:
I really loved Death Note, and I would like to know if there are more Anime series like that.
I also love Beyblade and Medabots, but that's mostly because I grew up with those.
I've heard about an Anime called Monster, anyone familiar with it?
Monster is amazing. Watch it. OHWAIT YOU ALREADY ARE NOW.
Medabots is easy to find, but Beyblade is a bit more difficult...

QUOTE(Kadushy @ Jan 11 2010, 01:01 AM) Welcome to the NHK.
Chaos;Head
Try those.
These are NOTHING like Death Note.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol at all the replies saying Code Geass. But really, it's hard to find an anime similar to Death Note besides Code Geass. I loved both Death Note and Code Geass, and after watching those two you'll be disappointed there aren't many others like them. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1