What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I got bored and finally ended my digital apartheid in the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle chao gardens, allowing hero, dark, neutral and baby chao to live together at last.

They formed a rock band.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Went to a secondhand gamestore in my area and bought Pokémon Pearl for 15 bucks.
Now I have every main Pokémon game from gen 1 to gen 4!
Also bought 'Infinite Space' for DS, which looked good to me and I had never heard about before.
It's rare for me these days to find a good DS game I never heard about before. I think I know all decent games for DS by heart by now.
The saleswoman said it was a pretty rare game too.

I absolutely love it!
You have to build your own fleet of spaceships and you can upgrade them.
The upgrade system uses a 'block' system like KH: 365/2 Days and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Story doesn't seem half bad either although I'm not that far in yet.
The fighting system is a bit clunky, but fun. You have to wait for your energy bar to charge to be able to fire an attack or dodge and have to get in range to get better hits etc.
Here's a picture for people who are curious about the battle system.

1101749-946344_20100118_005.jpg

I can seriously recommend it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
created my own Jetpack Joyride (psp/ppsspp) cartoon with the cheats i have made so far on youtube only visible with annotations to on .

Jetpack Joyride Cartoon Episode 1: the laboratorium:

hope you"ll all like it

Reactions: Satangel

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Started a new adventure with A Link Between Worlds and god this game is amazing.
I'm really enjoying it. en even more since, if you have been following my previous posts, I recently finished A Link to the Past.
visually is very detailed when is needed and cartoony to resemble the SNES sprites.
the music is very good but I find that some themes, while are marvelous renditions, aren't quite fitting. a prime example is the overworld music of Lorule, is an awesome remix of the SNES dark world theme but isn't very dark or give a sense of heroism(for Link adventuring on an uncharted and sinister world) like the original.
liked the new mechanic of wallwalk and the thing that you can have all the items since the beginning is a little weird at first but you are given all the freedom to go at any temple and encourages exploration. but you still need to follow certain order since you need other items like the titan mitts.
played all the weekend and finished my 4rt Lorule temple and got the tempered sword.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
By entering Tufst as a code before starting a new save, what that does is remove all mid save points and all DK barrels on very level. If you can than manage to completely beat the game you'll get a extra 2% for doing so on the hardest difficulty.
You must be one of the craziest people on this forum, that is a real achievement you did there. Goddamn, beating DKC3 without any save points or extra lives, wow. Very very impressive.

I played 3 hours of BF3 today, almost exclusively played Recon class, got 2 achievements in this session, and had a lot of fun :)

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I finished The Conduit. I only died 53 times on the last level :glare: (I love FPS games but I kinda suck at them.)
The game DEFINITELY left it open for the sequel so that's what I went on to next.
The first thing I noticed on Conduit 2 was their selection of new voice actors on all 3 of the main voices. I'm sure the old actors were just charging too much for the sequel but it would have been NICE to keep the same people I've gotten used to hearing all this time.
ANYWAY, still haven't beaten the first level because of an annoying bug when going toward the last switch on the crane platform (at least that's where it SAYS it's located ... my objective pointer disappears when hitting the previous switch and then I exit the next room only to find the door lock behind me and the next gate to move on having not been unlocked/opened for me so I have nowhere to go. An internet search says it's a known bug but everything will be fine I delete the game save and try again BUT this is my second time through that first level and I still get stuck there. Try, try again, I guess.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday, my girlfriend and I beat Sonic Colors. Not much to say about that except that the final boss is the most enjoyable I've seen in a 3D Sonic game since the original Sonic Adventure. It was really refreshing to fight the final boss as "just Sonic" with his normal skills, instead of some powered-up form.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I don't care for the final boss fights with Super Sonic in any of the other 3D games. They're all like, "Here, let's put Super Sonic in outer space with iffy flying mechanics that don't resemble the playstyle of the rest of the game in the least. Now your success will depend entirely on you learning these one-time mechanics in one go, instead of testing all the skills you've acquired throughout the game. Isn't that fun?"
It isn't.
Anyway, we'll probably move on to Sonic Unleashed in a bit.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished The Conduit. I only died 53 times on the last level :glare: (I love FPS games but I kinda suck at them.)
The game DEFINITELY left it open for the sequel so that's what I went on to next.
The first thing I noticed on Conduit 2 was their selection of new voice actors on all 3 of the main voices. I'm sure the old actors were just charging too much for the sequel but it would have been NICE to keep the same people I've gotten used to hearing all this time.
ANYWAY, still haven't beaten the first level because of an annoying bug when going toward the last switch on the crane platform (at least that's where it SAYS it's located ... my objective pointer disappears when hitting the previous switch and then I exit the next room only to find the door lock behind me and the next gate to move on having not been unlocked/opened for me so I have nowhere to go. An internet search says it's a known bug but everything will be fine I delete the game save and try again BUT this is my second time through that first level and I still get stuck there. Try, try again, I guess.

I doubt the Michael Ford's voice-actor was too expensive as they replaced him with Jon St. John. Wasn't a fan of the switch, either. As much as I like Duke Nukem, he wasn't a fit for the character that they had established in the first game. And it shouldn't be a surprise that John Adams' voice was replaced, too, as he's the father of Ford's voice-actor.

Reactions: Maxternal

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
finished the remaining three Lorule dungeons and also got the golden sword, the blue tunic and the hylian shield. NOW TO THE CASTLE!!!!
isn't that I've been playing like a madman, but the game is notably short and/or easy. I have found almost all the pieces of heart without even trying, and when at first I was worried about not finding the ores to upgrade the sword, but at the end I found them while doing my normal exploration of the dungeons(I have to say that the last one was very tricky to get, but at the same time was a little obvious if you looked at the map).
but at the end of the day is a very enjoyable game. and one thing that make it more enjoyable is the Miiverse integration, I have been posting quite regularly about my accomplishments and funny situations on the game. if you like search me on Miiverse by my forum name(hate having multiple names), but I post mostly in spanish.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I've been playing Infinite Space a bit more and got my ass kicked on the first 'boss fight' which are in this case of course superstrong starships.
Went around looking for some info on the internet and turns out it's one of those games with an insane learning curve. In this case I think it's the main reason that the game is so unknown. Rest of the game seems fine to me.
Not that I'll quit it that easily, but with exams coming up i'd rather play something relaxing instead of frustrating.
Probably Dragon Quest or something.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Smashed Atma Weapon's face in (morphed Terra casting Bolt 2 was doing nearly 4000 damage) in Final Fantasy 6 to get to the World Of Ruin, saved both Shadow and Cid, then got KO'd by a random encounter during the Celes only section when some random rabbit has an attack that caused petrification as its deathblow final attack. Got bored and switched off.

Also won yet another chocobo for my collection, possibly a second by the time I wake up tomorrow if all goes well.

I was able to acquire Genji Days of the Blade and Ruse for my PS3 for free thanks to my reward card points, but Genji SUCKS. Ruse is OK but Genji has no camera control so I keep getting hit from off screen, or forced to play as a girl with no defense so she dies in two hits and attacks with a yoyo. Thankfully tomorrow is pay day (fortunate, as I have to pay for these chocobos) so I'm gonna trade it in towards Batman Arkham City. I won't get much for it but Batman's only a fiver so I don't need much. And frankly anything's better than having that excremental smear of a game on my shelf.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just finished bioshock infinite. While certainly spectacular, it kind of left me with a "meh" kind of feeling...

(warning: the stuff below directly spoils the ending. Also keep in mind that to reply to it, it's best to also use spoiler tags)

Perhaps it's my style of playing, but I rarely used vigors in the game. Never really needed them (aside from one story element), as there was ammo pretty much everywhere. Even for the two guns I used the whole time (machine gun and sniper) because I upgraded them the whole bunch. That, of course, made the last battle on the ship suddenly EXTREMELY HARD, as you'll run out of ammo quickly while wave after wave of enemies come crashing in.
It was also kind of not fun how the game holds your hand on the most basic stuff ("remember to use your vigors", "Elisabeth can pick locks", "you'll ride the monorail with these buttons"), but fails to mention that in order to break down the zeppelins, you MUST ride the monorails to the top while the songbird is active.

But anyway...rather than those things and not a decent boss battle, it's about the story. While it attempts to solve all the ingame clues (okay, except for the guy who was executed in the lighthouse...wtf was that about?), it does so in a way that actually provokes more questions:
-why the hell does your character have amnesia?
-so Anna/Elisabeth is actually your own daughter. While that sort of makes sense, it doesn't explain how she can manipulate reality like that. Or why those two clowns (that couple) are helping Combstock getting her from you. Also: then who is her real mother?
-I still have no idea why she was locked in that tower to begin with. Yeah, there's this thing about drawing her power at a certain point...but why? How? What will it achieve for him that he doesn't already have? The fucker has A FLOATING CITY!!!
-or what those two are doing showing up in the game all the time, for that matter
-I guess AD stands for "Anna Dewitt", but why the hell your character carved it in his right hand isn't explained. Nor how the people in Columbia know they should be on the lookout for it
-what's up with the "infinite number of worlds"? Yeah, it's spectacular. But there could have been a better connection with the link to Rapture.

And so on. I'm not saying that these things cannot be explained (in fact, they probably will). I'm saying that it's like they sort of made the story as they went along in the hope of keeping the player interested. Oh, and to show off some fancy visuals in the process (yeeeey, a burning New York that...erm...why the hell was that even there?).

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Turns out I did win that second chocobo. And the ones I won a couple of weeks ago finally arrived. Not a bad morning so far. Get woken up by a text alert from the bank saying my wages have gone in, pay off my eBay expenses, and just as I'm about to go back to bed the postman arrives with 3 new chocobos.

Genuine gaming achievements have been few and far between so far but I'm off to the shops soon to grab some extra shiny things, so hopefully I'll have something noteworthy achieved by this evening.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Just finished bioshock infinite. While certainly spectacular, it kind of left me with a "meh" kind of feeling...

(warning: the stuff below directly spoils the ending. Also keep in mind that to reply to it, it's best to also use spoiler tags)

Perhaps it's my style of playing, but I rarely used vigors in the game. Never really needed them (aside from one story element), as there was ammo pretty much everywhere. Even for the two guns I used the whole time (machine gun and sniper) because I upgraded them the whole bunch. That, of course, made the last battle on the ship suddenly EXTREMELY HARD, as you'll run out of ammo quickly while wave after wave of enemies come crashing in.
It was also kind of not fun how the game holds your hand on the most basic stuff ("remember to use your vigors", "Elisabeth can pick locks", "you'll ride the monorail with these buttons"), but fails to mention that in order to break down the zeppelins, you MUST ride the monorails to the top while the songbird is active.

But anyway...rather than those things and not a decent boss battle, it's about the story. While it attempts to solve all the ingame clues (okay, except for the guy who was executed in the lighthouse...wtf was that about?), it does so in a way that actually provokes more questions:
-why the hell does your character have amnesia?
-so Anna/Elisabeth is actually your own daughter. While that sort of makes sense, it doesn't explain how she can manipulate reality like that. Or why those two clowns (that couple) are helping Combstock getting her from you. Also: then who is her real mother?
-I still have no idea why she was locked in that tower to begin with. Yeah, there's this thing about drawing her power at a certain point...but why? How? What will it achieve for him that he doesn't already have? The fucker has A FLOATING CITY!!!
-or what those two are doing showing up in the game all the time, for that matter
-I guess AD stands for "Anna Dewitt", but why the hell your character carved it in his right hand isn't explained. Nor how the people in Columbia know they should be on the lookout for it
-what's up with the "infinite number of worlds"? Yeah, it's spectacular. But there could have been a better connection with the link to Rapture.

And so on. I'm not saying that these things cannot be explained (in fact, they probably will). I'm saying that it's like they sort of made the story as they went along in the hope of keeping the player interested. Oh, and to show off some fancy visuals in the process (yeeeey, a burning New York that...erm...why the hell was that even there?).

some answers to your questions are already in the game, but you need to think twice to get it.
other questions are legitimate and people on internet have made some conspiracy teories
I didn't ride the rails to take down the zeppelins, but took me several hours to know that you can shoot the zeppelins instead of waiting for songbird to do it.
at the end of the game you see how Booker and Comstock make a deal for Anna Dewitt(that Comstock rename Elisabeth Comstock) and at the last moment Booker wanted to get Anna back but only caused her to lose a finger, then he carve her initials in his hand to no forget her. that finger is the reason of why she can open portals to other worlds, because part of her is on another reality and thus we can say that she "exist" on two different worlds at the same time breaking the laws of physic.
He didn't remembered what happened because when the portal closed Anna was erased from that world and is impossible to have remember of something or someone that supposedly never existed, he only started to remember everything when the story was repeating itself. at the same time Comstock knew everything because was a future version of Booker and he knew he was looking for Anna. and he didn't got a job about bringing Elisabeth, he generated that by the previous remembers of the deal(bring us the girl and wipe away the debt).
the infinite worlds that are shown are all failed attempts of Booker in the final when he accept baptism and become Comstock, making the story of the game start all over again. it wasn't until Elisabeth killed him that the cycle ended.
the Lutece twins are the culprits of all, they opened the first portal and helped Comstock to get Anna.
Rapture was throw in just for nostalgia value.
that should explain a lot but not everything. not even the creators know the rest :wacko:.

FINISHED ZELDA A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS!!!!1!!11!!1!!! :toot:
the final dungeon was a little more hard than the rest of the game but still easy enough. after beating ALttP everything seems more easy anyways.
the end has a plot twist that didn't expected but was really awesome, like when they do that.
now I don't know what game continue, maybe Zelda OoT 3D to continue the Zelda mood or Persona 3 Portable(I've become lazy with this game) since I'm on the final stretch and left it in favor or new games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: It was in yours actually :D:tpi::rofl2: