What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the prologue in Zero no Kiseki Evolution. It's taken me 13 hours over the course of 2 weeks but it's been fulfilling. It's my first time playing something in raw Japanese but I'm enjoying it alot. It's hard but I feel like I'm making progress

TheYellowFist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat Lady Yunalesca in Final Fantasy X. How was I supposed to know that "her weakness is holy magic" meant that her weakness was a spell called Holy. I spent a few hours grinding enemies to unlock it and then used a friendsphere to share the move with another party member. It took one try after that to defeat her.

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm surprised I was able to get that many using only free plays lol

574eb8573be66a95d96909af3a203f7c.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I finally completed Vagrant Story! (yes, the game from 16 years ago)
It was horribly hard and not funny at all to play.
The battle system is hard, the inventory so small that it's making it even harder to switch to the correct weapon matching the enemy, because you never have the one you need and you throw a lot of items away. You often end missing or hitting 1HP per hit :(
Last boss was very long to die with 1 to 4 HP per hit...
The story wasn't that good and the game is short (30H, mostly exploration, back tracking and endless battles).

I used infinite HP cheat code on the second half of the game as there's no way I could survive battles from that point. you die in 1 or 2 hit, while you do no damage.
But I don't like the fact I cheated and wonder if I'll try again, there should be a way to enjoy the game for what it is.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I've decided to play through a bunch of the older (good) Sonic games. Thus far I have checked off:

Sonic 1 - Complete with all emeralds
Sonic 2 - Complete with all emeralds
Sonic 3D Blast - Complete with all emeralds
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Complete with all master emeralds
Sonic Adventure - Complete with all emblems
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Complete, 168/180 emblems (missing some Chao emblems and Cannon's Core)

Pretty proud of this list. :) Back in the day I played these games a lot, but I often shared save files with my brothers or we took turns, so I wasn't sure which ones I had completed entirely on my own. I wanted to play through them again so I could say I've done it with confidence (and just because they're good games). Hoping to finish up SA2 some day, although the Chao emblems take a while... I'll probably add on Sonic R to the list, maybe the missions in SA:DX, then stop there; I was never a big fan of the games after the Sonic Adventures, besides Sonic Generations which I've already completed 100%.

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Finished Metroid Fusion for the first time since it came out. The older platforming Metroids are really good, would be nice to have a Metroid like that in Shadow Complex graphics. Next up will be Zero Mission.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...