What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded a bunch of NES roms and the NES emulator Nestopia, then took it and played it (with the Pokkén controller which is essentially a SNES controller) in my dad's RV (been cleaning and adding stuff to it). As old as the NES is, it's still an awesome console with a ton of games.

Buy them? Probably not as I get a better experience via emulation and scalpers can go fuck themselves.

Moreover, I love Circus Charlie, but whenever I get to stage 3 I always fail. I know I know, I have to time the jumps.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished the very first stage of Sonic 3D Blast (Director's Cut) and to be honest, I found it pretty boring as the objective is to gather all animals (flickies) and then exit the stage (well you can also do the bonus stage of course).

I do love the music and the developer definitely put a lot of effort into it.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely nothing. I’ve been in the hospital since October of this year. Turns out I am not health for being 35 years old. My heart basically said “screw this, I quit” although I only weigh 135lbs. I had surgery twice. Once to clear my stomach and my intest parts like my large and small intestine. I felt fine after that, but I was unable to eat anything at all. So I never did.

Turns out that made my entist panic. So I was knocked back out and had head surgery so that they could help me. It worked! I no longer feel like I can and want to pass away. Yesterday was my last day in that hospital and I got sent home to hang out with my wife and our two daughters. They’ve been extremely nice and way better than “helpful”. They printed me a “safe” food style of printing. I have to go see their doctor next week, but I’m hoping I’m way better this week than I was in October.

Assuming that I am not, bet your ass I am prepared to do whatever it takes because I am not ready to be gone and I love doing what they prescribed for me to do so that I’m not dangerous to myself.

What did I accomplish today? I’m healthy as hell and I can use my phone to get back online!! I want to say “thank you” to everyone here because you guys are very damn amazing and very friendly.

Thanks, guys!

You guys here are pretty neat. Thanks for the post thingies!!!

Last edited by rcpd,

Dondonuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I finally Finished Star Ocean 6

Pros

Good combat
Good scenery
Decent characters

cons

2nd part not as interesting as the first
Kinda boring main villain

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Beat Castlevania 2 (Simon's Redaction)!
Castlevania II - Simon's Redaction_000.png

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beat halo 2 on legendnary with help from youtube

:rofl2: That's what I did for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory :D

The Shame of it all for me cheating :cry:

:tpi::rofl2::evil:

Last edited by AncientBoi,
  • Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not got on the telly today yet, but current gaming 'highlight' of the day was buying the missus a late Christmas pressie: A Rift in Time DLC, for Disney Dreamlight Valley (she's mental about the game - I couldn't care less) (on Xbox, not that that matters after reading up on it)
...Only since I'm the main account on the system, paying for Game Pass and so on - Primary Xbox etc etc, I bought it using my account didn't I, non-refundable etc, but it's account locked.. and after half an hour wondering why it wasn't showing up on her game (and a quick google later..) I realised I might as well buy it a 2nd time on her account..

When the Fukk did this become a thing?? :angry: Cosmetic shite for Fortnite etc, yeah I get it, but basically eg a family of 4 that enjoys a game like Dreamlight Valley would have to buy the DLC 4 times?! Bollocks innit...

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After an entire fucking week of attempting to make a working Majora's Mask Redux patched WAD, today I finally made one that doesn't fucking crash in Dolphin.

Went from:
Captura de pantalla (44).pngCaptura de pantalla (45).pngCaptura de pantalla (46).pngCaptura de pantalla (47).pngCaptura de pantalla (48).pngCaptura de pantalla (49).pngCaptura de pantalla (50).pngCaptura de pantalla (51).png

To:
NARE01_2024-01-05_20-20-30.pngNARE01_2024-01-06_19-00-34.pngNARE01_2024-01-06_19-00-38.pngNARE01_2024-01-06_19-05-59.pngNARE01_2024-01-06_19-24-34.png

Was a fucking painful learning experience, because I thought that maybe the ID was causing troubles, so I attempted multiple different ones. Once I realized that it wasn't the problem, I tried different WAD files from multiple sites and even WAD files I had stored in my Google Drive, as I thought that maybe the WAD files were corrupted or something.
That didn't seemed to matter neither.

Each time my patched WADs crashed it deleted my Save File entirely, so that meant that I had to restart the fucking game from scratch just to test every little fucking change I made to the options.

I even tried to skip the Intro (start the game at Clock Town) and even tried patches skipping the entire first cycle, but that also wasn't a problem. I thought this as a variable as maybe the game expected to check flags or something in order to prevent the crashes. But nope.

Then I tried different builds with the same options as I thought that maybe something was getting corrupt during the patching process and perhaps with different builds, the "whatever is getting corrupted" wouldn't... but nope.

Then I tried the bare minimum of improvements, and that seemed to have fixed the issue. I don't know what option is fucking corrupting the game in such fashion that crashes the game at cutting bushes. I certainly can't put my finger on what might be as I tried literally hundreds of different combinations and never could get a "a-ha" moment. But whatever... it fucking works now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for at least 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well damn that explains how you were born