• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What do you think about that Van attack in Toronto?

Does this concern you much?

• Total voters

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm surprised it took so long for this to become a regular occurring thing. I mean, you can get a truck to mow down a bunch of people, a lot easier and cheaper than a gun. I mean, you can rent a U-Haul for 20 bux, lol. Just wait until Ramadan, you'll probably see more of these attacks.
Because of... people getting hungry... and remembering nobody wanted to go on a date with them? Or something?
I don't really get the connection between people fasting and "incels" getting frustrated and taking it into everybody else.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of... people getting hungry... and remembering nobody wanted to go on a date with them? Or something?
I don't really get the connection between people feasting and "incels" getting frustrated and taking it into everybody else.
Well, it's super easy for someone who wants to murder a bunch of people to just rent a truck. People with a crazy religion, who wants to take out as many people as possible are pretty much the same as someone who cannot get laid, and wanna take out as many people as possible. They both want to take out as many people as possible.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it's super easy for someone who wants to murder a bunch of people to just rent a truck. People with a crazy religion, who wants to take out as many people as possible are pretty much the same as someone who cannot get laid, and wanna take out as many people as possible. They both want to take out as many people as possible.
I would be more wary of a crazy football sympathiser whose team just lost, taking said van to run over the supporters from the rival team, but oh well, to each one their fears, I guess.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be more wary of a crazy football sympathiser whose team just lost, taking said van to run over the supporters from the rival team, but oh well, to each one their fears, I guess.
The end results are the same, a bunch of run over people dead. Doesn't matter what their reasons was.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone think this issue could have been avoided If prostitution was made legal worldwide? If you can't do it normally at least be able to legally pay for it.
No, because incels tend to slutshame prostitutes. Plus sex workers have the right to turn down people they aren't comfortable with

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The end results are the same, a bunch of run over people dead. Doesn't matter what their reasons was.
It does if you're gonna take cheap shots at a religion you clearly don't understand

D

Deleted User

No, because incels tend to slutshame prostitutes. Plus sex workers have the right to turn down people they aren't comfortable with
You mean reality slutshames prostitutes because their job description is literally to be a slut.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not very hard to take cheap shots at the religion of peace, when how many percent of the truck attacks are committed in the honor of Allah?

Ahahahahahaha!

I've had Muslim friends and such that aren't those kind, there's a sad abundance of radicals...I'll chip in that there's plenty of hate within other religions...even Christianity.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not very hard to take cheap shots at the religion of peace, when how many percent of the truck attacks are committed in the honor of Allah?

Ahahahahahaha!
Really? If you're going to bring religion into this then how about you question the actual suspect in this case? Alek Minassian with Armenian dissent - dominantly a Christian country. Go to school to wipe out your ignorance and clear signs of idiocy. I'm a Muslim and never had thoughts of leaving my door to kill people and never had done so. You're making yourself and people who share the same class or race as you look bad. Stop embarrassing yourself. :rolleyes:

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live 20-30 minutes away from where the incident happened. So yes, this affects me a lot.

Clearly you haven't educated yourself properly on this topic. Women did not have "it" easier than men; or actually, to be real, not everyone from any class, gender, race, religion, etc. has ever had "it" easier than other groups. There's countless examples that prove this. Women were not even recognized as people legally until the mid 1900s in Canada when they got the right to vote or even get a job. There's pay inequities today for sure against women. There's unresolved cases of missing and/or murdered indigenous women in Canada. 14 women were killed for being simply women in Montreal in the '80s. I can go on if you like.

I seriously hope you weren't serious in your comment because no - women were oppressed in the West (and still are) and continue to be oppressed in several different ways across the world.
I have heard that Toronto favors women over men and men is therefore oppress to a point. Is this false?
[/end reply]

A note is that double standards are as prevalent as, if not more prevalent today then it was years ago, so equality cannot exist.
For equality to exist, double standard has to be dropped.

For the sake of getting on topic
It is bad murdering people in an attempt to get your point across. At any rate murdering should not be condoned and should be avoided.
It would have been concerning if this happened nearby where I live.

Last edited by RandomUser, , Reason: Changed wording "strong" to "prevalent"

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean reality slutshames prostitutes because their job description is literally to be a slut.
While being a "whore" is in fact what they do, that doesn't give anyone the right to harass them about it or treat them as anything less than another human that they're paying for time and sex. Prostitutes aren't objects

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
While being a "whore" is in fact what they do, that doesn't give anyone the right to harass them about it or treat them as anything less than another human that they're paying for time and sex. Prostitutes aren't objects

Preach this man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo