Gaming What I would like to see from Nintendo on the DS

D

Deleted_171835

QUOTE said:
Sorry I didnt specify. I wasn't talking to you either. I was talking to the one that claims the GB had a 6 year lifespan.
QUOTE said:
I was talking about the GBA when I referred to the 6 year lifespan. And I used the word "about". Not exact.

Your argument falls apart once you add in that fact.

Why wouldn't Nintendo release another system? The DS has been out for a long time now. Surely, Nintendo will release the next handheld system soon.
QUOTE said:
Because the DS is selling better than any other system this generation. They won't release a new handheld just because the current is a little old, it doesn't makes any sense.

Why would they release a new handheld if they are making a lot of money with the DS?
This. Also, they havnt even released the XL here in the US, so why would they made a new console altogether?
You have a point there. They will milk as much money from the DS as they can.

The DSiXL is not a new system. It's merely the DSi for old people.

The thing is, I doubt Nintendo will release any major games for the DS at this point. That's my opinion. I wouldn't mind for Nintendo to prove me wrong but for now, that's what I think. No need to get offended because of it.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
-A 3D side scrolling Metroid game .
-Remake of the Legend of Zelda Oracle series.
-Remake of a Link to the Past.
-Port of Ocarina of Time.
-A decent Starfox game.
-Another Castlevania.
-More Rockman ZX and Ryuusei no Rockman.

That's it. I'm pretty satisfied with what the DS can offer us so far. :|

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful ideas.

They're really losing money by not having a Super Smash for the DS. And this time they could do it right and have DLC (stages, videos, items, characters, etc.).

Starfox for the DS without touch screen would be fantastic. Worked on the SNES, why not do it again?

I love the idea of a medley of classic ports. Genesis/SNES/NES/and maybe even some GB/GBC titles would make for some great game collections.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=101104
here A guy says
QUOTE said:
F-ZERO DSI EXCLUSIVE CONFIRMED
cry.gif

freshness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
as far as i know the ds was only a project and the whole team thought the idea of two screens would be an epic fail, but after the big succes of the ds (phat) the lite came out...check wikipedia...

i think there is a good chance to see some good games, even if they aren´t from the major franchise of nintendo and who cares about it...the important thing is to get good games...

i would love to see some classic snes ports like demon´s crest, the dkc series, secret of mana 2...but that´s impossible...in addition i would love to see a 2D metroid game again, but that´s impossible too^^

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Revolutionize said:
They will milk as much money from the DS as they can.
Yeah... they probably will milk the DS brand as much as they can. I wonder how good the next handheld from Nintendo will be. I would like to see a handheld as powerful as the GC.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
age of empires 1 remake
not the crappy turn based but a rts or something like warcraft
i mean gbc could do it with warlocked the ds can surely make a rts on it that has multiplayer

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re the new hardware talk earlier in the thread.....

Hi Definition Nintendo DS Successor With Motion Sensor In The Works
By Spencer . January 5, 2010 . 10:37pm

The Asahi Shimbun has an interview with Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo, where he comments on a successor to the Nintendo DS. Iwata tells the paper the future handheld will be able to output high resolution graphics and have a motion sensor.

While Nintendo is developing the machine, Iwata did not set a release date. Instead, he mentioned DS sales in North America reached an all time high in 2009.

Source:- http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/05/hi-de...r-in-the-works/

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
* Mario Cart with new bigger tracks. With the ability to edit your own and upload them. Fill the actual cart this time.. as many tracks and characters as you can squeeze onto it.
* A New 3D Metriod, a sequel to the first DS one.
* An Official Smash Brothers DS, with as much content as the GameCube/Wii versions.
* How about a 3D cell shaded Mario game a la Mario 64 but built for the DS in the same way as Zelda, give 3D Zelda a rest for a while
* Would love to see Luigi's mansion created for the DS, a sequel not a conversion, built for the DS hardware.
* F Zero 3D, with online play.
* Mario Tennis and Golf..... long overdue, GB and GBA versions were good a DS version would be better with online play.
* 1080 Snowboarding
* A decent compilation of Nintendo old school arcade/nes games, built for the DS not ports, so they fit the screen, upgraded gameplay like Space Invaders Extreeme on the DS and the way Pac Man CE was done on XBL.. Conversions like Donkey Kong ( not like March of the Mini's ), Punch out, Space Firebird, Ice Climbers, Excitebike etc
* Finally, a decent version of Starfox would be nice....

1. Not gonna happen. One Mario Kart game per handheld/console, dude. That's how it's always been.
2. Yeah, might work.
3. FUCK YES.
4. Not so keen on that idea but you go with it. Just make sure it doesn't have Zelda controls. I wouldn't be able to figure out how to freakin jump.
5. Luigi's Mansion DS. Yes.
6. And yeah, long overdue.
7. Who plays that game anymore?
8. They have old Nintendo games on the NES Classics series for the GBA, so I don't think they have to do much more to elaborate.
9. I thought StarFox: Command was pretty decent. Good controls and good difficulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cgll8v7iA