• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is the difference between abortion and murder?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,600
  • Replies 53
Status
Not open for further replies.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abortion is literally eviction, not murder. The woman says "you are not allowed in my body" and the baby is removed. If the baby dies in the process its to bad. No one gets arrested for murder when someone they evict dies. If the fetus cannot live outside the body, sucks to suck. Just like if I evict someone and they die because they couldn't find another house, it's on them, not me.

Last edited by omgcat,
Reactions: The Catboy
D

Deleted User

OP
Abortion is a life-saving medical operation for the mother. Murder is killing with malicious intent. Women have 100% the right to have control over their own bodies, as they should. Even if it means removing a parasite that they didn't ask for.
Number One: Babies aren't parasites.
Number Two: Why does the woman have rights, but not the baby?
Number Three: Abortion is not life-saving! Where does that retarded notion come from? Abortion is life-ending!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Abortion is a life-saving medical operation for the mother. Murder is killing with malicious intent. Women have 100% the right to have control over their own bodies, as they should. Even if it means removing a parasite that they didn't ask for.
Women should have 100% the right to control their bodies. They should also pay 100% of the cost to get that life-saving medical operation for being stupid with that control rather than have taxpayers pay for it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Abortion is literally eviction, not murder. The woman says "you are not allowed in my body" and the baby is removed. If the baby dies in the process its to bad. No one gets arrested for murder when someone they evict dies.
That is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard! You make it sound as if the baby is a uninvited thief inside the woman's body! The baby was conceived inside of the woman because of her own choice to have sex! The baby is helpless and did not deliberately enter the woman's body. Why should the woman have the right to kick out her own baby, especially when it almost always kills the baby?

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abortion is also a money saving cost, as it saves our country hundreds of thousands of dollars on feeding, teaching, clothing, and protecting an unwanted child.

Also almost all late term abortion are for the protection of the mother. There are hundreds of medical problems that could lead to still birth or lethal birth situations. Hell I bet most people here can't even name the parts of a woman's reproductive system, let alone seen them with their own eyes.

You also are assuming that rape doesn't happen, which is laughable.

Reactions: Jayro
D

Deleted User

OP
Women should have 100% the right to control their bodies. They should also pay 100% of the cost to get that life-saving medical operation for being stupid with that control rather than have taxpayers pay for it.
The baby's body is NOT the woman's body! How does the woman's right to control her own body give her the right to murder a baby's body, which is not her body? Oh, and HOW IS ABORTION A LIFE-SAVING OPERATION?!?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me put this into perspective. A fertilized embryo happens to be a functioning cell with a full set of genetic material. Also, it just so happens that every single bacteria you have ever encountered or haven't encountered in life also is a functioning cell with more-or-less at least a workable set of genetic material. Please stop taking showers or washing your hands. You are murdering billions of bacteria for your own self-benefit, you horrendous monster.

Or are you going to play biased and say that it's perfectly fine to kill bacteria, but not other similar cells.

Last edited by jurassicplayer,

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The baby's body is NOT the woman's body! How does the woman's right to control her own body give her the right to murder a baby's body, which is not her body? Oh, and HOW IS ABORTION A LIFE-SAVING OPERATION?!?

Ectopic pregnancy? Uncontrolled seizure disorder? Eclampsia? Do you have no medical knowledge at all? Like even look at a simple google search?

I am saddened for your hypothetical wife who would die because you would be against a life saving procedure.

Last edited by omgcat,
D

Deleted User

OP
Let me put this into perspective. A fertilized embryo happens to be a functioning cell with a full set of genetic material. Also, it just so happens that every single bacteria you have ever encountered or haven't encountered in life also is a functioning cell with more-or-less at least a workable set of genetic material. Please stop taking showers or washing your hands. You are murdering billions of bacteria for your own self-benefit, you horrendous monster.
A bacteria is far simpler than a baby, and it doesn't have anywhere near the mental capacity of a human baby, as you would know if you had graduated elementary school.

DownSyndrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry just want to share an opinion.
I think 'abortion' matters are purely subjective, it really depends on the person emotionally, financially, etc.
It really depends, what kind of LIFE can you give to the 'baby' when it comes out? To others they can't, and sometimes you need to respect that to others.
Sometimes pregnancies are just unexpected, and I'm not going to call someone a 'murderer' because of that.
To others they may not feel anything about aborting the baby, but to others it may also be very hard,
Sometimes we don't know what is the line between 'wrong' or 'right' anymore, and I also respect that you think it is wrong, and you're not wrong about it, morally. The thing is life is complicated, and not all people have the privilege, or maybe not as emotionally or financially strong about it, and we have to respect that.
You may keep your reasons for yourself and it's fine, but like I said there are some very hard circumstances where sometimes it is the 'best' thing to do, and you have to respect that

well this is a personal/emotional opinion, because the other guy gives you legal reasons but you're still going for it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ectopic pregnancy? Uncontrolled seizure disorder? Eclampsia? Do you have no medical knowledge at all? Like even look at a simple google search?

I am saddened for your hypothetical wife who would die because you would be against a life saving procedure.
Ummm... The extreme majority of abortions have nothing to do with any of these things. Most of them are females who fucked it out with a bunch of random penisheads and got pregnant, but didn't want to raise a baby.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry just want to share an opinion.
I think 'abortion' matters are purely subjective, it really depends on the person emotionally, financially, etc.
It really depends, what kind of LIFE can you give to the 'baby' when it comes out? To others they can't, and sometimes you need to respect that to others.
Sometimes pregnancies are just unexpected, and I'm not going to call someone a 'murderer' because of that.
To others they may not feel anything about aborting the baby, but to others it may also be very hard,
Sometimes we don't know what is the line between 'wrong' or 'right' anymore, and I also respect that you think it is wrong, and you're not wrong about it, morally. The thing is life is complicated, and not all people have the privilege, or maybe not as emotionally or financially strong about it, and we have to respect that.
You may keep your reasons for yourself and it's fine, but like I said there are some very hard circumstances where sometimes it is the 'best' thing to do, and you have to respect that

well this is a personal/emotional opinion, because the other guy gives you legal reasons but you're still going for it.

I'm giving legal reasons, because moral reasons do not matter, everyone's morals exist in different shades of grey. He specifically asked legal in the thread header and original post. Moving the goal post is shitty.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ummm... The extreme majority of abortions have nothing to do with any of these things. Most of them are females who fucked it out with a bunch of random penisheads and got pregnant, but didn't want to raise a baby.

Based on what stats, so far neither science or fact have been on your side.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You are talking about the mental capacity of something that doesn't have developed pain receptors, no cognizant thought, and falls under "living" because it requires sustenance, produces waste, and reproduces it's cells in some form. Don't tell me some shit about bacteria not being complex, that's called being biased just because a lifeform seems "simple" to you.

Either live under a banner of "All Life Matters" or don't. Don't be half-assed.

Last edited by jurassicplayer,
Reactions: The Catboy
D

Deleted User

OP
Abortion is also a money saving cost, as it saves our country hundreds of thousands of dollars on feeding, teaching, clothing, and protecting an unwanted child.

Also almost all late term abortion are for the protection of the mother. There are hundreds of medical problems that could lead to still birth or lethal birth situations. Hell I bet most people here can't even name the parts of a woman's reproductive system, let alone seen them with their own eyes.

You also are assuming that rape doesn't happen, which is laughable.
"Almost all late term abortions are..." WTF? Almost all abortions are NOT late-term! This is mostly irrelevant! And even if the baby is a rape product, it is still a human being who should have just as much of a right to life as anyone here.

I'm giving legal reasons, because moral reasons do not matter, everyone's morals exist in different shades of grey. He specifically asked legal in the thread header and original post. Moving the goal post is shitty.

Based on what stats, so far neither science or fact have been on your side.
Ummm... Google it, as you have told me to do several times on this thread.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Almost all late term abortions are..." WTF? Almost all abortions are NOT late-term! This is mostly irrelevant! And even if the baby is a rape product, it is still a human being who should have just as much of a right to life as anyone here.

So capital punishment should be illegal, as we are murdering people. Surely you have consistent views when it comes to people not getting murdered.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is legal in all 50 states, however some states do have a window and when that window closes, then it becomes illegal. However that window can be shattered in case if a mother life depends on abortion at any stage of development.

Abortion is a life-saving medical operation for the mother. Murder is killing with malicious intent. Women have 100% the right to have control over their own bodies, as they should.
To be fair point out that male born babies do not even have that right. Also probably don't have the right as a child either in some instances.

Last edited by RandomUser,
D

Deleted User

OP
You are talking about the mental capacity of something that doesn't have developed pain receptors, no cognizant thought, and falls under "living" because it requires sustenance, produces waste, and reproduces it's cells in some form. Don't tell me some shit about bacteria not being complex, that's called being biased just because a lifeform seems "simple" to you.

Either live under a banner of "All Life Matters" or don't. Don't be half-assed.
A baby has the form of a human and a beating heart and organs have started to form within 2 months of conception... And it's not biased to say that bacteria are relatively simple, since this is a true and obvious fact.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Number One: Babies aren't parasites.
Number Two: Why does the woman have rights, but not the baby?
Number Three: Abortion is not life-saving! Where does that retarded notion come from? Abortion is life-ending!
a vessel that uses another being's blood to live is a parasite, so is an unborn shild as long as it uses the blood of the mother a parasite.
the baby doesn't have rights since it has not developed a self functioning brain.
more than some mothers have blood medication like cocaine running in there blood, this on it's own is life threttening, butr giviing birth will tripple the possebility to die. since i baby still needs his mother for the days to come...
mother comes first, she has the reasons you don't know... maybe she's got pregnant by rape, still you selfrightious say she should give up her rights and life for some criminals actions?
you don't know what goes before this abortion.
either your a freak in religion, while christians used to be pro abortion, catholics are the ones that brought the rights to discussion for the mother, they said what we can't see can't be alive. now a day they flip the coin since they see the photo's of unborn children.
still it's against christian religion to call an child without his own blood supply living. the bible says living starts and stops with blood.
the only other reason i could think of you could wanna discus this topic over and over is you never seen suffering in your life.
it's better sometimes to cancell a struggle like some people are in. being poor like we see isn't the struggle some people have. we still have smartphone or PC, we have at least a meal a day and drinking water isn't a problem for most here.
but there are more people than you think that can't provide this level of selfcare.

by the way, humans are already the reason of extinction of a lot of animals, we're so over populated around the globe that we're starting to be a threat to our own kind.
please stop the madnes against what you can't save, start dealing with what you can save. adopt a child,help out your neighborhood.

D

Deleted User

OP
So capital punishment should be illegal, as we are murdering people. Surely you have consistent views when it comes to people not getting murdered.
Murder is killing with malicious intent. Capital Punishment is killing for the safety of other people.

a vessel that uses another being's blood to live is a parasite, so is an unborn shild as long as it uses the blood of the mother a parasite.
the baby doesn't have rights since it has not developed a self functioning brain.
more than some mothers have blood medication like cocaine running in there blood, this on it's own is life threttening, butr giviing birth will tripple the possebility to die. since i baby still needs his mother for the days to come...
mother comes first, she has the reasons you don't know... maybe she's got pregnant by rape, still you selfrightious say she should give up her rights and life for some criminals actions?
you don't know what goes before this abortion.
either your a freak in religion, while christians used to be pro abortion, catholics are the ones that brought the rights to discussion for the mother, they said what we can't see can't be alive. now a day they flip the coin since they see the photo's of unborn children.
still it's against christian religion to call an child without his own blood supply living. the bible says living starts and stops with blood.
the only other reason i could think of you could wanna discus this topic over and over is you never seen suffering in your life.
it's better sometimes to cancell a struggle like some people are in. being poor like we see isn't the struggle some people have. we still have smartphone or PC, we have at least a meal a day and drinking water isn't a problem for most here.
but there are more people than you think that can't provide this level of selfcare.

by the way, humans are already the reason of extinction of a lot of animals, we're so over populated around the globe that we're starting to be a threat to our own kind.
please stop the madnes against what you can't save, start dealing with what you can save. adopt a child,help out your neighborhood.
You clearly haven't developed a functioning brain, since you think abortion should be legal. Does that mean that you shouldn't have any rights?

I wish people would stop bringing up stuff about humans overpopulating the earth... You might as well let the Chinese government control the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.