• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is the end game with Covid?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
So we are in a pandemic it seems. if you haven't noticed. the future is unclear. but i have questions.

• how are people going to get out of this mess if we all dont get vaccinated?
  • are we going to get lock downs every winter or every few months?
  • poorer nations not being able to deal money wise so new variants are being made, so should richer nations help them?
  • is this the new normal?

Reactions: Xzi and The Catboy

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) They will probably push vaccinations as hard as they can (and probably a bit more) until it starts to properly trouble the bottom lines of string pullers.
2) Will probably vary by location. It is electorally unpopular in places (some seem to be spank my harder, others consider it an affront), efficacy is dubious (similar populations with radically different setups), financially is very hard.
3) Always the fun debate.
4) Not yet. Also it might be an old normal -- it is still just about within living memory when people died of disease on the regular rather than it being relegated to cancer, clogged arteries/heart attack and the occasional car crash. What is old might be new again, even more so if antibiotic resistance in bacteria makes a big play (see fun with MRSA, one of those goes airborne and stays about as fun... yeah).

Reactions: AlexMCS and Flame

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we are in a pandemic it seems. if you haven't noticed. the future is unclear. but i have questions.

• poorer nations not being able to deal money wise so new variants are being made, so should richer nations help them?

i'm sure you mean well, but the virus would not magically end if every single person on earth got vaccinated. This would be ignoring the fact that vaccinated people are still being hospitalized and dying. The official cause of death for Colin Powell is covid 19 for example, he was fully vaccinated. I'm not going to get into conspiracies because they fall on deaf ears I get it but all I will say is there's no reason for them to end it. They could decide it's a little more dangerous flu and we could go on with our lives because the survival rate is 99% for people that get covid, but they have no incentive to do so.

Reactions: impeeza

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple math would discredit the theory that vaccine = no more virus because we're told a little over 50% of America is vaccinated but do we hear that the spreading of the virus is reduced by 50%? Not at all. In fact we hear that the unvaccinated are to blame for the vaccinated getting the virus. Wait what? So what does the vaccine do? Where's the protection from getting the virus? I know the answer to that is it several reduces symptoms supposedly but I'm not seeing that. I've taken quite a few different meds in my life and I've gotten off most of them and I'm doing better now than when I was on them and they say the same thing about those meds they reduce symptoms but you never, ever, hear they cure you all together. There's no money in a cure. The vaccine is no exception is it not a cure for covid and anyone telling you it is is lying or don't know what they're talking about.

Most likely they will continue to come out with more vaccines and people will line up for them and we'll still be in this endless circle no matter how many vaccines they tell you you should take. Bill Gates is even now saying the vaccine is not effective at treating covid. My opinion is he's paving the way for more vaccines that also won't cure covid.

There's this video of a indian doctor and he said it best the vaccine is like skydiving. You're on the plane and they want you to jump but you are leery so they offer you a donut and a beer to jump but you still don't want to. The parachute has holes in it and you see bodies laying on the ground and they tell you they're sleeping but you don't believe them. Since you insist on not taking the plunge they are just going to push you off the plane, this is essentially what is happening today.

Last edited by Deleted member 568587,
Reactions: Tarmfot and Youkai

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
end game.. wait I played this before

1637351840777.jpeg

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think we need better education about vaccines and actual effort to deal with the rapid misinformation spread through social media and YouTube. There needs to be programs to help people understand that they’ve been misinformed and to encourage change.

Last edited by The Catboy,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sure you mean well, but the virus would not magically end if every single person on earth got vaccinated. This would be ignoring the fact that vaccinated people are still being hospitalized and dying. The official cause of death for Colin Powell is covid 19 for example, he was fully vaccinated. I'm not going to get into conspiracies because they fall on deaf ears I get it but all I will say is there's no reason for them to end it. They could decide it's a little more dangerous flu and we could go on with our lives because the survival rate is 99% for people that get covid, but they have no incentive to do so.
Yes, sadly, some vaccinated people can still catch the virus and even die from it, however, you seem to be ignoring the statistics that show that the numbers and the rate of death between the unvaccinated and the vaccinated are wildly different. Especially in hospitals all over the US are being filled to the brim with the majority of it being unvaccinated people. In fact, we've been hearing it all over the news for the past several months how it's mostly the unvaccinated. There's plenty of numbers that shows the vaccinated has higher chances of survival and getting milder illnesses. No one said that the vaccine is perfect, but no vaccine is to be very honest. It is there to give us more protection and to protect others around us.

You forgot to mention that Powell also had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response, as well as Parkinson's. His body was already in a bad state even after being fully vaccinated. It's quite a terrible example to give about vaccines when you're leaving out bits and pieces of context of the matter. And the fact still stands that the vaccinated still have a much better chance of survival and less chances of getting permanent, long covid damages.
Simple math would discredit the theory that vaccine = no more virus because we're told a little over 50% of America is vaccinated but do we hear that the spreading of the virus is reduced by 50%? Not at all. In fact we hear that the unvaccinated are to blame for the vaccinated getting the virus. Wait what? So what does the vaccine do? Where's the protection from getting the virus? I know the answer to that is it several reduces symptoms supposedly but I'm not seeing that. I've taken quite a few different meds in my life and I've gotten off most of them and I'm doing better now than when I was on them and they say the same thing about those meds they reduce symptoms but you never, ever, hear they cure you all together. There's no money in a cure. The vaccine is no exception is it not a cure for covid and anyone telling you it is is lying or don't know what they're talking about.

Most likely they will continue to come out with more vaccines and people will line up for them and we'll still be in this endless circle no matter how many vaccines they tell you you should take. Bill Gates is even now saying the vaccine is not effective at treating covid. My opinion is he's paving the way for more vaccines that also won't cure covid.

There's this video of a indian doctor and he said it best the vaccine is like skydiving. You're on the plane and they want you to jump but you are leery so they offer you a donut and a beer to jump but you still don't want to. The parachute has holes in it and you see bodies laying on the ground and they tell you they're sleeping but you don't believe them. Since you insist on not taking the plunge they are just going to push you off the plane, this is essentially what is happening today.
No one here is saying the vaccine would completely stop the virus. Yes, vaccinated people can still get infected, but the number of studies and data still show that the amount of vaccinated people getting infected and hospitalized is far less fewer than those that are unvaccinated. If we had more people vaccinated, the spread of the virus would most definitely be reduced significantly and with a lot less deaths involved. And how are you not seeing that when there's countless studies and results that prove that the vaccine helps significantly in many areas?
No major doctor has said it's a cure because vaccines aren't defined as such whatsoever. I don't know where you heard from someone that said that vaccines are a "cure", but they never were to begin with. A cure is something used to restore health or recover from a disease. The vaccine doesn't do restore or recover anything, but instead is supposed to help create more protections in the body by letting the immune system learn about the COVID-19 virus so it can be prepared to fight it.

What happened to not getting into conspiracies? Bringing up Bill Gates and saying "he's paving the way for more vaccines that also won't cure covid". This is hard to take seriously from you.

What kind of analogy is this? Again, we already have the multitude of data to prove that the vaccine does indeed help. That analogy is basically just speaking about the unknown of something that works or not, which would have been something more relevant before the vaccines came out and with a lot less data, but today as we have lots more results to show that proves that the vaccines do indeed work and helps many people.

At this point, all I can see here is you trying to mislead other people. Misinformation and misleading others is actually making things worse and why we're still not closer to getting out of this mess.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I think we need better education about vaccines and actual effort to deal with the rapid misinformation spread through social media and YouTube. There needs to be programs to help people understand that they’ve been misinformed and to encourage change.
yeah like saying the vaccine is 99% effective. Start with that one.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yeah like saying the vaccine is 99% effective. Start with that one.
It would be nice if people understood that vaccines are just a highly effective preventative measure that neither 100% prevent illnesses nor treat them. That helps segue into a conversation as to why it’s important to get vaccinated and how prevention actually works

Reactions: BETA215 and Xzi

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's strange to me that the same people who are vocal about the military industrial complex can't seem to see that there is also a pharmaceutical industrial complex that is just as sinister.

The next step is that we're going to see some very expensive Covid19 drugs coming out that will no doubt have very favourable data behind them.

It doesn't take much to realise the whole system is corrupt as hell and left/right is basically the same thing.

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange to me that the same people who are vocal about the military industrial complex can't seem to see that there is also a pharmaceutical industrial complex that is just as sinister.

The next step is that we're going to see some very expensive Covid19 drugs coming out that will no doubt have very favourable data behind them.

It doesn't take much to realise the whole system is corrupt as hell and left/right is basically the same thing.

All of those industries are connected and ran by the same people. They basically run the world and do it without mass knowledge that they run the world. I will not call this group out by name because I think it's a hate crime to even say it.

Yeah so what it's a conspiracy look up the word conspiracy that doesn't make it untrue. Just because you don't believe something doesn't make it untrue either. CIA came up with the phrase "conspiracy theory" not long after they killed JFK to discredit those bad mouthing them. JFK said in speeches he was going to bring down the shadow Government, the Federal Reserve and the CIA. I'm sure he was just a crazy conspiracy theorist who by coincidence died by a lone gun nut.

Last edited by Deleted member 568587,
Reactions: Tarmfot

BigHitBox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a clear choice to make and everyone has a responsibility to themselves what it will be. Do you bend the knee to tyranical goverments, give up your freedoms and human rights, and play russian rolette with endless shots. Or, educate yourself, free yourselves from slavery, and make a stand against evil with Jesus by your side.

Reactions: Tarmfot

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"what is he end game"

you vill own nothing

you vill live in ze tube

you vill eat ze bugs and you vill be happy

"how are people going to get out of this mess if we all don't get vaccinated?"

heard immunity ,the vaccines don't work

"is this the new normal?"

no, it's the new old normal

and you will be begging for it once they release the pox next

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS

recent headlines :

"Bill Gates warns of smallpox terror attacks as he seeks research funds"

"Vials labeled 'smallpox' found by lab worker cleaning freezer in Pennsylvania"

"USA Expands Smallpox Treatment Stockpile"

"Canada Expands Smallpox Vaccine Indications"

"Smallpox Biodefense Therapeutic Awarded $67.4 Million Dollars"

"Smallpox and Monkeypox Combo Vaccine Approved by the FDA"

"U.S. Government Expands Smallpox Vaccine Supply"

"First Smallpox Medication Approved by FDA"

"Smallpox Treatment TPOXX Benefits Outweigh Risks, says FDA"

"Smallpox Vaccine IMVAMUE Found Successful in Phase 3 Clinical Study"

"Gates Germ-Game Warning Motivates Smallpox Vaccine Discussions"

"JYNNEOS is an FDA-approved non-replicating smallpox and monkeypox

vaccine"

knowing that the same people who "predicted" COVID , even t 201 , lockstep , Bill Gates ,Klaus Schwab World Economic Forum , are now "predicting" a small pox bioterrorist attack should be extremely concerning

why would they be spending billions of dollars on research and development
of vaccines and therapeutics for a disease that was eradicated over 40 years

ago?
why NOW?
the virus is said to exist in only 2 places, CDC in Atlanta and the vector lab in

Novosibirsk Siberia
so ask yourself , why would they be investing all this capital on this if they were

not expecting return on their investment

let me guess,

to keep you safe

LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo