Hacking What should I do with a 3.61 Vita?

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Vita Slim which I foolishly updated to 3.61 a long time ago...I did install the 3.61/3.63 exploits, but honestly I wasn't really impressed with what I was able to use at the time and I had a lot of issues with things not working.

Now that it's been a while, my question is...what should I do with this thing? I was honestly considering just updating it because some of my homebrew stuff never worked properly in the first place, but have there been newer 3.61 hacks that work better?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
I have a Vita Slim which I foolishly updated to 3.61 a long time ago...I did install the 3.61/3.63 exploits, but honestly I wasn't really impressed with what I was able to use at the time and I had a lot of issues with things not working.

Now that it's been a while, my question is...what should I do with this thing? I was honestly considering just updating it because some of my homebrew stuff never worked properly in the first place, but have there been newer 3.61 hacks that work better?
A new HENkaku exploit will be releasing on June 1st. Update to 3.65 using this guide in preparation for it. Do not update using the system to 3.68, otherwise you'll not be able to use HENkaku Enso, which installs HENkaku automatically on boot.

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you had to be on 3.60 with Henkaku to update to Henkaku Enso 3.65...I guess that will be changing?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I thought you had to be on 3.60 with Henkaku to update to Henkaku Enso 3.65...I guess that will be changing?
Correct, a new exploit is likely to be released at the start of next month for 3.65, 3.67 and 3.68 - however, only the former will support coldboot Enso; and since it's not out yet, I would personally not update to anything until it's provably released

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's no harm in updating to stock 3.65 atm, the exploit was confirmed to work on it.
It may be confirmed (in a fairly convincing way by a trustworthy person), but until it's publicly released (which may well not happen, if anything for hypthetical real life problems of TheFlow) so what if someone else can mod their unmodded 3.65 console but I can't?

Never do (or buy) something on the basis of promises = never get burned :)

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I ended up doing the update to 3.65 and taking the risk, hopefully I'll find out in a few weeks it was a safe risk!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have 3.65 enso, not official 3.65
So is it possible to update to 3.68? Or i have to return to official 3.65.

Also i heard you can still use Henkaku on 3.68, maybe like the old days?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that, once the new exploit comes out, it's likely you'll be able to play 3.67+ games on lower firmwares with Maidump games. Just be aware that this particular workaround does occasionally have issues (things like crashing, losing saves etc) as well as the issues Maidump games already have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe