astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alright. One of my courses this semester involved designing a program for around 30 people. We were split up into different groups (reflective, ice-breaker, social, physical, etc), and we were randomly assigned group members. I ended up in a group with a jock I worked with before (nice guy, although he needs to be prompted for everything), a ditzy but hardworking gal, a female baseball player, and one very cynical guy.

Fine. We get to know each other, and also, our different work ethics for the program/reports. I don't have a problem with any of the people, I just needed to get into "hen mother" mode, and try to solve the groups problems. Fine, we get along well, until the presentation of the program at camp. It's freezing, and we suffer through really really bad food, and along the way, I get the liquidshits from eating too much dairy. (Hello, lactose-intolerance!) I get a black eye in the physical portion of the programs - damn dodgeball!

So, I notice the baseball player is a bit cynical, and tends to share an odd taste of humor with the cynical guy. The other people, I don't mind - apparently, the ditzy girl is being courted by the resident "rich guy". Not a problem. The ditzy girl, I can handle...except she acts ten times as ditzy or helpless around the guy.

Damn damsel in distress syndrome. Honestly, it's a bit much. And it happens around every guy she talks to - it's her MO. I'm not as annoyed as I should be, because she's a nice girl when she's not around the guys also, but she turns into a completely helpless person!

I don't know why, but two-faced women like this really piss me off.

PS - Am reading Animorphs - wish I found this sooner - they are an very well-written series!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
She's got learned helplessness along with the damsel in distress syndrome, at least she's quite decent because most who are like that are borderline which are a pain in the ass to work with.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@astrangeone

I can't stand girls like that. Met one in one of my college art classes. Really nice girl, very attractive but played the helpless girl WAYYY too much. Worse yet was changing the vocal pitch when she talked to me (or any guy for that matter). Didn't catch it right away, but i would listen to her talk with other girls, and her normal voice sounded good, but then if i'd pipe up, or she'd turn to ask me something, up her voice went, and she'd sound... spacey.

I thank all that is holy that i met (and married) a chick that doesn't pull any of that shit.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I guess it's learned helplessness - but I bet it's more about getting the guy's attention; holding his attention and the like. There is a reason why I dislike most of these girls - they tend to modulate their voices for the guys, and then talk to the girls like that too. I dunno. Just a rather minor complaint; but she tends to do this to all guys - she was talking to the president of our Pride organization on campus, and she did it as well. (He's a very out homosexual.)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know so many girls in my school who are like that. Gets annoying fast being around them.
Personally I don't put up with girls acting helpless around me. Girls try it around me and I am always like "No, go away."

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I never knew you was lactose-intolerant (I thought I was the only person but don't speak proudly of it due to excess gas and diarrhea; not very proud of it). Anyways, I did met a girl like that on AOL where she did change her personality WAAAAY too many times that it was hard to decipher her mood according to her posting inside the chatrooms. There were times she was calm then lovesick then serious then annoyed. For some reason I someone cause her to broke up with her previous boyfriend then for her to find another boyfriend. This was like 6-7 years ago, oh well I hope you succeed on your team project.

Also challenge the ditzy girl, you'll be surprised how much potential they have when they don't want to look helpless.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Canonbeat234 said:
Wow, I never knew you was lactose-intolerant (I thought I was the only person but don't speak proudly of it due to excess gas and diarrhea; not very proud of it). Anyways, I did met a girl like that on AOL where she did change her personality WAAAAY too many times that it was hard to decipher her mood according to her posting inside the chatrooms. There were times she was calm then lovesick then serious then annoyed. For some reason I someone cause her to broke up with her previous boyfriend then for her to find another boyfriend. This was like 6-7 years ago, oh well I hope you succeed on your team project.

Also challenge the ditzy girl, you'll be surprised how much potential they have when they don't want to look helpless.

Yeah, the project got done. The ditzy girl does good work, although her papers (was editing for the entire team) were pepperred with enough jargon to kill a horse. I admired her work when we were presenting - it is hard to actually speak up, and even I was rather nervous, and I do shows in drag, for pete's sake. (Drag kings - women dressing as guys and dancing to it.)

I didn't know I was lactose-intolerant until camp. That was unpleasant. Seriously was, because it was an entire weekend of dairy rich foods. (1st night was spaghetti with meat clumps, the other two nights were pizza/lasagna and garlic bread.) I swear, I ended up taking a shit that was mostly water into the toilet. That was my confirmation - I had switched to lactose free milk in my daily routine, and the amount of gas was minimal.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WildWon said:
Worse yet was changing the vocal pitch when she talked to me (or any guy for that matter). Didn't catch it right away, but i would listen to her talk with other girls, and her normal voice sounded good, but then if i'd pipe up, or she'd turn to ask me something, up her voice went, and she'd sound... spacey.
That's very normal though, a lot of girls do that. Still, it's really annoying!
tongue.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
astrangeone said:
(1st night was spaghetti with meat clumps, the other two nights were pizza/lasagna and garlic bread.)
I envy you, when I go to camps the food there is disgusting.
wtf.gif

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
WildWon said:
Aww... about a year ago i was working in a bar that held drag shows once or twice a month. I miss those kings and queens.

Our two gay/lesbian bars are jam packed with cross-dressers/drag. You should have seen them on halloween - everyone thought it would be a good idea to dress in drag! I was in drag as Pyramid Head also, but a decidely cold PH.

Yeah, our queens are interesting! One of them on halloween did some music from the Evil Dead musical. "All the men in my life" with two kings and a queen!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?