What to get for Xmas

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. I got the lock and key but I can't lock the decision yet.

Last year, I got a ton of clothes, an iPod nano and Warioware for Xmas. I'm expecting to get more gifts this year.

Now here's the thing: my mum said that she will give me something pricey this Xmas. I was happy because she would usually give me things like chocolates, couple of clothes, etc. Then after she said that, it's weird that a 360 advert came on the telly then she said "I'll give you that".

So if she will give me a 360, she will have £170. Currently, I have earned a whopping £70 in 6 weeks and I'm guessing that I can reach £130 the next six weeks (which will be Xmas) so the total will be £300 - the price of a PS3.

Then I went "window shopping" on Amazon and I saw a PS3 worth £200, and it's the Premium version (you know, the ones that can play PS2 games!)

So can you guys help me decide on which "decision" chest I should lock?

1 - Let my mum get the 360 and I'll spend £130 with 360 games (maybe World Tour and something else)
2 - Buy a PS3 and ask other people to give me a PS3 game as a present
3 - Get the £200 PS3 and spend the rest with PS3 games Someone bought it but it might come back again. I've seen it twice.

The benefit of getting the 360 is that it's cheaper and I can buy more games myself.
The benefit of getting the PS3 is that almost all of my mates have it and I can play games with them.

Please help me decide.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Number 1.

It's what I'm going to do.
biggrin.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well how likely are you to get others to give you games for your PS3? It wont do to have a fancy system and no games to play on it ;(.

but if your fairly certain you could get a game or two for it as a gift--and your mates have games that you know will be fun to play with or without them, then maybe you should get the PS3.

Personally, if it were me, I think that I'd get the 360.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you're in need of a new paper weight, buy the PS3!

And there was me thinking that the general reliability of the 360 made it the perfect 'delayed' action paperweight...after approx 12 months 2 days - BOOM! Just outside of the guarantee and red lights come out to play...at least the PS3 is reliable (and quiet!)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No.3 obviously

What good will an XBOX 360 do if you cant play with your mates? XBOX Live won't be as alive as PSN with your best friends!
wink.gif

besides, 360 and PS3 somehow gets the same games now, maybe their specifications are just similar? Anyway, with that fact you won't lose too much from saying bye-bye to 360

And, go and order that 200 pounds(how did you make that poundsterling character?
blink.gif
) PS3 quickly, it's 100 pounds cheaper isn't it?
biggrin.gif

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
And, go and order that 200 pounds(how did you make that poundsterling character?
blink.gif
)
Sadly, I'll scrap No. 3 because someone ordered it already and the cheapest one in there now is £285.

I press Shift + 3 to make the pound sign. You might not have it as you have a US keyboard.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
R2DJ said:
Raestloz said:
blink.gif
)
Sadly, I'll scrap No. 3 because someone ordered it already and the cheapest one in there now is £285.

I press Shift + 3 to make the pound sign. You might not have it as you have a US keyboard.
But, 285# (Shift+3 =P) is cheaper than 300 pounds, right? why don't you get one? Or, do you have to pay for the transport?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol