Homebrew What would happen if we were to delete the CBHC title and reinstall the DS VC game from the eShop?

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as CBHC is not active, then the title would just be replaced with the normal eShop version.

If it is active, then it is a permabrick. If it is active, but you download it from the eShop before rebooting, it is still a permabrick.

It needs to be deactivated prior to getting uninstalled/replaced/moved.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deleting the cbhc title while it's installed will brick the system. afaik, it's not even possible to delete the game, only by formatting will it brick. if you uninstall cbhc, you can redownload the exploited game from the eshop. however, it might fail at install immediately, because of the fake ticket you originally had. that's why I wrote the tutorial in my sig about fake tickets. I did uninstall cbhc once, because I didn't want yoshi's island to be the game I was exploiting. I now have brain age as my cbhc title. I think the game will still work, even after cbhc, if you copy the game. I'm not sure if it's usb that takes precedent over the internal flash or if it's the fake ticket causing this to occur, but I have the original title/icons for redNAND still present after installing cbhc. basically, you'd have two copies of the game installed. I have no idea why nintendo did this, unless they were thinking about people wanting to copy content over to a larger drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice