whats your favorite ANIME cartoon series?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
Also, my list of the "Cancer" killing the anime industry.

1. Anime over 75 episodes long
2. Crappy plot, with some kid wanting to be the best of the best of something no one really gives a damn about. (Pokemon, Naruto, One piece, etc)
3. Shows made off nothing but fan service. Like the newest GONZO show, Strike Witches (LOLGONZO.)
4. A harem, with a wimpy male character that everyone has seen like a million times. (Kaze no Stigma, the only show with a male lead that kicks ass, and knows how to handle Tsunderes.)
5. Shitty characters with terrible pacing.

1. Lulz see Kenshin, HunterXhunter.
2. lulz most shounen in general, but some do it so much better than others.
3. Lulzx3 fanservice appeals, GONZO also has shitty animation as well, See a series such as kaze no stigma, reuse of scenes and scenes again and again. while kaze no stigma had a nice story and characters, the animation is just horrible. GONZO's earlier stuff is much better than the newer stuff.
4. agreed. but kaze no stigma = GONZO.
5. agreed.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I hardly ever watch any with the exception to the films that everyone goes on about the only one I've been watching and enjoying Gegege no Kitarou though at the moment I could only find the 80's series.

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Black Lagoon is one of my favourite anime series. Would like to see a third season of it but then again the first 2 seasons covered up to volume 6 of the manga and its only at volume 8 so it will be a while until they did another season.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
I guess Avatar The Last Airbender. but then again all I watch is Avatar, Heroes, and LOST
Wake up people; proof that something good can actually come from outside of Japan. Avatar is American so technically isn't anime, but it wipes the floor with some of the junk that's come up in this thread.

Back on topic; I lost interest in anime when I'd seen enough to notice the recycled themes, but I love the series that do something a little different. Last Exile was good once it got started (I'll confess I would've packed it in at the second episode if the guy who loaned it to me didn't tell me to stick with it) and series 1 of Rozen Maiden. Kenshin starts well but drags on for too long, I lost interest somewhere in season 2. FLCL crashed my computer.
laugh.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Though I hardly ever watch any with the exception to the films that everyone goes on about the only one I've been watching and enjoying Gegege no Kitarou though at the moment I could only find the 80's series.

If you like good anime films, i'd suggest anything done my studio ghibli. particularly Grave of the Fireflies and Nausicaa of the Valley of wind. They are also the same studio who did Spirited away.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Currently waiting for AonE/Gekkostate/Menclave to release new Episodes of Macross F. Macross 7 was... not so good, but I liked the original SDF Macross (that's where my avatar is from
smile.gif
).

Other Anime I watched before and remember to be quite good were Ergo Proxy, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain and FLCL.

And I don't like open ended (more than ~50 Episodes) Anime, too.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like to add that everyone needs to see some of Satoshi Kon's work especially Paprika, Perfect Blue, and Millenium Actress. Paranoia Agent was alright, but I like his "movies" better.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone here who hasn't watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, watch it now. The cast of the dub for GL is bad, and some characters sound terrible (No way!), with the exception of Steve blum. So obviously watch the subs.

This show earns the word EPIC. And it's made by GAINAX, who made NGE, FLCL, Mahoromatic, etc.

It's a million times better than that crappy little &#*$ that is Naruto. Yes, I have watched more than 10 episodes of Naruto, and yes, I thought it was extremely average.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, As somebody who has listened to music over everything, I prefer some good...