Hacking When was the most recent email response from Team Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to do that when you can play any region roms on Gateway card!

Because in all honesty, I don't care for piracy. All I wanted out of my system was the ability to play any region of retail cartridge without the system just doing nothing when I put a cart of a different region in. I used to have two 3DSes, one US region (FW5.1) and the other Japanese region (FW4.4). I hated this, so as soon as I was able to play my retail 3DS carts region-free (using the dangerous modded GW region free retail patch), I sold my US region 3DS because I couldn't use it for anything else, since the FW was too high. Obviously this was before all the bricking occurred too, so as soon as the bricking was discovered, I reverted to GW2.0b1 (yes, I do have a GW cart but I refuse to play games I don't legally own a copy of as well, and that's what I used the GW cart for). I do have the ability to pirate games since I have a Gateway cart, but I just don't care for it. MT Card's launcher does exactly what I want. I can play retail games region-free, so that's what I use.

If somebody creates a launcher that's only purpose is to allow for region free retail cart playback and nothing more/less (though it'd be nice to have emuNAND for e-shop access too), I would gladly switch to using that. Nobody's made such a thing yet, so I'm stuck with what I have now.

Reactions: NEP

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that difficult to understand that not everyone will use a multi-feature product in the exact same way. I guess that just goes over some people's heads.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you such a huge Gateway fanboy?

I'm no ones fanboy but I do think the Gateway card is a fantastic piece of kit, it has brought me hours of joy and if it has done that for me then I only have good things to say about it!

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-=-=-=- Getting this Thread back on Topic -=-=-=-

Has anyone received and email from Gateway in the past week or 2??

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
-=-=-=- Getting this Thread back on Topic -=-=-=-

Has anyone received and email from Gateway in the past week or 2??

Haven't you heard? The GW team have a weak immune system and they fall sick often. Chances are, they're sick again.

Side point: Keeping an eye on MT card prices now. Cheapest I've seen as of this post is USD$66-5(coupon)

Reactions: digipimp75

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If MT-card releases nand based saving before gateway Ill be making the swap and sticking Gateway right next to my Trueblue dongle

Ironic that this post is going off topic, yet two posts up you attempted to get the thread back on topic, lol

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Just bought a GW card (£35 inc postage second hand from the trading section), honestly I will be equally surprised whether or not they release the 2.0 update; saying that there has been a lack of communication would be an understatement, but the video they released looks very promising. I'm happy with the features of 2.01b, and I know that eventually a free SD card ROM loading solution will be available which will be much better than GW (no bricking, and SD cards are usually cheaper than micro SD).

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just bought a GW card (£35 inc postage second hand from the trading section), honestly I will be equally surprised whether or not they release the 2.0 update; saying that there has been a lack of communication would be an understatement, but the video they released looks very promising. I'm happy with the features of 2.01b, and I know that eventually a free SD card ROM loading solution will be available which will be much better than GW (no bricking, and SD cards are usually cheaper than micro SD).

i am sorry to burst your bubble but scenes are becoming more and more puritans they dont releasehomebrew firmware cause they may encourage piracy ,dark alex years are long gone even ps vita is still locked and it has great horsepwer,in the end we are only victims of shady companies that drain us from money ;)

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working for me also, but pretty slow. Are people still checking the Gateway page every 5 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0