Hardware When you initialize the ps4 via reinstall systems software can you pick specific version?

Hayato213

Newcomer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you initialize the ps4 via reinstall systems software can you pick specific version?

For example if I buy a 4.05 ps4 can I upgrade the HDD and pick specific version to reinstall? Specifically 4.05?

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
You can't downgrade (except beta firmwares) but yes, you can install the same FW when you upgrade the HDD.
Just what Hippy dave said.

Ok, taking it a bit further, If one stays in the Beta Firmwares to do remoteplay with a ps vita like in my case (HDMI issues with the PS4 and already changed it so it gives off a red color) and when an exploit is release (PS4 is on 4.70) reinstall said FW without issues right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, taking it a bit further, If one stays in the Beta Firmwares to do remoteplay with a ps vita like in my case (HDMI issues with the PS4 and already changed it so it gives off a red color) and when an exploit is release (PS4 is on 4.70) reinstall said FW without issues right?

You can only downgrade back to the previous non beta firmware you had installed.

Can't say for 100% certainty but if you're paranoid about losing exploit access, don't update your PS4 anymore.

Reactions: KeoniAzugon

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have this question. If the system knows 5.53 firmware exists and it downloaded it already (I have 5.00 installed), if I try to factory reset (option 7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)) the system and feed it 5.00 firmware through USB, can it fuck me up and tell me to get 5.53 instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs