Hacking Question Where Atmosphere CFW ?

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its a FREE product. They dont owe you anything. They just set a deadline so they could say when they can release it. So if you want a free product just wait, if you arent patient you can just buy SX products:wink:

Reactions: ZeGerman and FMCore

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that they never actually said it'd be released on June 15th. I only ever heard some time near the end of Summer.
It was stated by one of the mods (or admins?) on their server sometime after the bootrom exploit was leaked. Basically, their initial goal was to release both Fusee Gelee and Atmosphere simultaneously on June 15th but since Fusee Gelee was released early because of the leak, Atmosphere didn't have to be released on June 15th anymore since Fusee Gelee was designed to be released on June 15th. And it makes sense why they would have released both on the same day as Fusee Gelee is useless without an accompanying hack/CFW to use it with.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SX OS FTW!! Comment was just to say exactly that, while you and plenty of of others are willing to wait and wait and wait for an official release from Atmosphere. Hundreds maybe even thousands of Switch users are already doing Allllllllll the good stuff thanks to TX. So fucking what if they copied some code from an open source project... it’s code piracy for a piracy enabling dongle.... so who cares????? They have hinted at emunand coming next so I believe and again, if they copy a bit of code then I personally thank them for all other SC users even tho it’s a feature I don’t need.

If I’m right the new stealth mode is blocking more than is possible with the various free cfw at the moment....

So let me just end with this.....

SX OS FTW!!!
You don't even get it... They can even offer me a CFW installed on sysnand free of charge that would run X64 Crysis at ultra settings in 4k at 100+FPS AND I STILL WOULDNT WANT IT.

Everyone has right to chose and I don't ever want anything in my Switch that is not a emunand being loaded from the mSD card no matter how million features it have.

This is after hearing emunand was being made, so I will keep waiting for how long it takes, but thank you 4 trying to sell me SX OS. I would buy the dongle but not the OS neither use it even if free.

I never even tried RCM a single time and will only fully mod my Switch after atmosphere comes out.

Edit: I also forgot to say I have nothing against TX and use their products on other consoles...

And I would have totally bought SX OS if it was emunand as it's my own preference.

Last edited by guily6669,

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly, more over complicated bollocks that’s not necessary with SX now.

You know, there's something that has been bothering me since I started replying to this whole thing:

One of the main reasons people use SX OS is for piracy or at the very least that's what some people have generally stated. This could very well not be the case and if it's not I apologize however, it is my understanding that to use features of SX that provide easy ways to pirate content, you must pay a price, the price I've seen has varied but the average I would say is about $29 USD.

Now, that price doesn't sound like a problem right? You're getting a CFW OS that will allow you to pirate games and stay hidden from Nintendo nothing wrong with the price right? Well keep in mind that people buy this to pirate games because they don't want to spend money on said games.

If they don't want to spend money on games, why would they want to spend money on an CFW OS? I mean sure you could think of like "Well if I just pay this one payment, then I can get all the games I want for free" fair enough, but the way I see it, if you could basically do the same kind of functions, without having to spend money at all why would not take that route?

I mean sure you've made points like

Most people can’t be bothered fucking about with their router and now there’s no need.

and fair enough, I'll give that however, if most people are comfortable with booting the CFW OS and going to great lengths sometimes to find copies of games for free, then surely running a single Linux command isn't too difficult (and it doesn't require any changes to the router at all).

But again like I said above, I could very well be misunderstanding the whole concept/situation and that could very well be the case. This is just simply how I perceive the entire concept/idea/situation of the whole debate.

Reactions: crissal

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You know, there's something that has been bothering me since I started replying to this whole thing:

One of the main reasons people use SX OS is for piracy or at the very least that's what some people have generally stated. This could very well not be the case and if it's not I apologize however, it is my understanding that to use features of SX that provide easy ways to pirate content, you must pay a price, the price I've seen has varied but the average I would say is about $29 USD.

Now, that price doesn't sound like a problem right? You're getting a CFW OS that will allow you to pirate games and stay hidden from Nintendo nothing wrong with the price right? Well keep in mind that people buy this to pirate games because they don't want to spend money on said games.

If they don't want to spend money on games, why would they want to spend money on an CFW OS? I mean sure you could think of like "Well if I just pay this one payment, then I can get all the games I want for free" fair enough, but the way I see it, if you could basically do the same kind of functions, without having to spend money at all why would not take that route?

I mean sure you've made points like

and fair enough, I'll give that however, if most people are comfortable with booting the CFW OS and going to great lengths sometimes to find copies of games for free, then surely running a single Linux command isn't too difficult (and it doesn't require any changes to the router at all).

But again like I said above, I could very well be misunderstanding the whole concept/situation and that could very well be the case. This is just simply how I perceive the entire concept/idea/situation of the whole debate.

Nope, that's the big issue with SXOS, at least to me. I could have gladly bought their dongle and jig for the portability of it, hell originally i was considering it. But charging for a license for the OS itself, that's just something i wont get into nor support. Call me entitled if you must but i believe that something that is meant to be used for piracy should not have a cost attached to it. Also everything that SXOS does except run .XCI games, ReiNX and RajNX can also do, granted with a little bit more steps required but they can still do the exact same thing, again except run .XCI files. TX's new stealth mode? Yeah the free solutions have had that for a while. Hell it's something you can replicate with a simple DNS app

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TX's new stealth mode? Yeah the free solutions have had that for a while. Hell it's something you can replicate with a simple DNS app
Or even better, with the airplane mode. If it's just blocking every connection, you basicaly don't have internet...
It's wonderful how they can deceive people. Speak of good marketing.

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the overall fundamental problem is the mindset of piracy, is it still truly piracy (well obviously it is piracy, but is it 100% piracy) if you have to pay to pirate something or is it something else in of itself?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
little bit more steps
pay to pirate something
I pay for convenience. This is why people have servants. Bloody peasants, empty-headed animal-food-trough wipers. I fart in your general direction. Your mothers were hamsters, and your fathers smelt of elderberries.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that's the big issue with SXOS, at least to me. I could have gladly bought their dongle and jig for the portability of it, hell originally i was considering it. But charging for a license for the OS itself, that's just something i wont get into nor support......
I agree with that too specially because at least in my country all stores making money by installing hardware mods on consoles are still open 4 ages, while the ones profiting in anyway related to software piracy have all closed 4 a reason as it's not in the same gray area as ppl soldering and working on something at the hardware level, physical work.

The biggest tracker from my country sadly closed quite a few years ago according to law was only for the donations button which is stupid but according to court they even counted the donation button as profiting with pirated or piracy related software purposes lol...

Hardware mods are usually more gray because you are paying for a real physic product that had costs to be manufactured, the software is usually the problem...

PS: but I don't care a single bit for any of that, I would totally have bought SX OS if it was Emunand even though I wouldn't agree paying for a software to run backups ;).

Last edited by guily6669,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I pay for convenience. This is why people have servants. Bloody peasants, empty-headed animal-food-trough wipers. I fart in your general direction. Your mothers were hamsters, and your fathers smelt of elderberries.

And that is why i said i would gladly pay for the dongle and jig, because it's more CONVENIENT. It's like paying for a flashcart on the 3ds. You don't pay for the flashcart's OS, just for the hardware itself

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And that is why i said i would gladly pay for the dongle and jig, because it's more CONVENIENT. It's like paying for a flashcart on the 3ds. You don't pay for the flashcart's OS, just for the hardware itself
xci are convenient, need license, what you try to sayz?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
xci are convenient, need license, what you try to sayz?

NSP are also convenient, arguably more convenient than an XCI. See the way i see it, the only true advantage that SXOS has over Atmo and it's derivatives is the overall portability of it thanks to the dongle and offering what is possibly the most high quality jig in the market to date

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NSP are also convenient, arguably more convenient than an XCI. See the way i see it, the only true advantage that SXOS has over Atmo and it's derivatives is the overall portability of it thanks to the dongle and offering what is possibly the most high quality jig in the market to date
Meh, I use both and prefer xci. They are both one click wonders. nsp simplicity could hit a speed bump when the cdn asks for rent.
inb4 anyone mentions eshop titles, you know the ones that remind me of the flash game era, where 99.999% of them sucked ass, rehashed, regurgitated crap... Well, a turd is a turd no matter how you polish it.

Sxos is the only "all in one" convenient solution right now. Shut up and take my money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1