Hacking Question Where Atmosphere CFW ?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't consider .XCI to be an integral part of a AIO since we have. NSP. If you do, that's great, i don't
Is this guy for real? Does he even know what aio means? I smell a troll here...

Lets do some math:

xci + nsp + nro = aio(imo + 1000 - (iyo - 1))

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is this guy for real? Does he even know what aio means? I smell a troll here...

Of course i do, it means all in one. But since we have .NSP, .XCI aren't really all that integral to be in a AIO package since a .NSP can easily replace it. Are .XCI more convenient? Sure i guess you can consider them more convenient if you want to(i personally don't). If something within the AIO package can be replaced with something else that has the exact same function, it's still an AIO package if it doesn't include both items. Meh, you have your views i have mine, let's just agree to disagree on this one and drop the subject here, i really don't want to get into further argument

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I wish I read this sooner...
i also have no use for xci. its good if you have actual backups to load, but its not necessary for piracy. aio solutions do not require perks.

...ah. i'm sorry you wasted money and need to flame people to feel better. i really shouldn't respond to these because i actually do feel your pain.

Reactions: ccprodigy

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, what is Atmosphere going to bring to the table that other CFWs haven't already?
EMUNAND... Whole data will be read and written on the mSD it has nothing to do with extra features but the whole way the CFW works.

Sadly no one else want to make a full emunand CFW (in my opinion atmosphere is more like a full custom OS than a simple CFW or rather a full extensive complex CFW almost entirely made from scratch).

I think SciresM was working on some parts even before the console was hacked or even before Switch console got released, maybe some more general parts of the code (but I might be wrong).

However at least in the beginning you will probably see that it will look very similar to Nintendo OS or any other CFW, but even though it will not look much it's like a full remake of Nintendo OS made by a team with their own coding.

Basically if you are the regular user who just want to play backups, atmosphere won't do much for you and is better to pay for TX OS or use other free CFW and enjoy your backups right now...

For Devs and others is where atmosphere will help a lot being open source and will probably have a more "legal way" for anyone to develop their apps as I think it will not need to use Nintendo SDK, at least that's what some ppl said that it will have its own needed tools like it's own "legal" SDK (Plz correct me if I'm wrong).

But it's not why I care, I have my own other reasons... In fact I even wish every dev would rip and use Nintendo SDK at full performance for their stuff, but it seems on the dev community no one accepts that and would even get flame, I DONT CARE :)...

Last edited by guily6669,

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Uhmm ICAM just carry aborujo emunand, i am buying original games for online and the others juet watching if they are convienen like Wolfenstein. I had played before buy it the problem is that much people dont do that

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may have very well won in the race of getting to market first however, perfection takes time and Atmosphère appears to be aiming for just that.
What exactly is your definition of “perfection”?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Atmosphère-NX will be release on august 31th at 11:59pm, my dear xD
If this happens, I’ll eat a big bowl of “shut the f*ck up” for one whole month.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Considering that the other CFW all use Atmosphere you can say that Atmosphere brought the other CFW XD. But we don't know really, only time will tell
Atmosphere will become what Mosaic is to Internet Explorer, if they can’t differentiate the product.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know, there's something that has been bothering me since I started replying to this whole thing:

One of the main reasons people use SX OS is for piracy or at the very least that's what some people have generally stated. This could very well not be the case and if it's not I apologize however, it is my understanding that to use features of SX that provide easy ways to pirate content, you must pay a price, the price I've seen has varied but the average I would say is about $29 USD.

Now, that price doesn't sound like a problem right? You're getting a CFW OS that will allow you to pirate games and stay hidden from Nintendo nothing wrong with the price right? Well keep in mind that people buy this to pirate games because they don't want to spend money on said games.

If they don't want to spend money on games, why would they want to spend money on an CFW OS? I mean sure you could think of like "Well if I just pay this one payment, then I can get all the games I want for free" fair enough, but the way I see it, if you could basically do the same kind of functions, without having to spend money at all why would not take that route?

I mean sure you've made points like

and fair enough, I'll give that however, if most people are comfortable with booting the CFW OS and going to great lengths sometimes to find copies of games for free, then surely running a single Linux command isn't too difficult (and it doesn't require any changes to the router at all).

But again like I said above, I could very well be misunderstanding the whole concept/situation and that could very well be the case. This is just simply how I perceive the entire concept/idea/situation of the whole debate.

Good points well made, I only have one issue. It doesn’t take going to great lengths to find free games. Just a torrent client and google is really all that’s needed, once you have found a source then it’s all gravy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus