Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The box had seals and everything, date on the box : 2012, I don't remember serial number, but it shouldn't be relevant as the FW version was 6.2.0 !

Did you returned that 3DS already? The serial can be useful for the spreadsheet in my sig.
If you can, go to a local store and look for a low serial number.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They don't sell 3DSes anywhere near my city, welcome to Poland where Nintendo is non-existant. I'll ask my friend ,whom I sold that 3ds to to give me that 3ds' serial number. But is it even possible that 2012 console has 6.2.0 FW ? I mean I understand 5.0 but 6.2!?

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the UK. can someone reccommend me any stores where I can read the boxes for a serial number? I really want to try and track down a 3DS!

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i just bought a white XL with 4.4. in a german store. there was another silver one with serial Sxx111 which aswell would be lower then 4.5.
the serial-number of my new white XL is SEF113xxxxx x.

edit: i forgot, that i now sell my 3DS (Not XL) in Red with FW 4.4. so if anyone in germany is interessted, just PN me

Reactions: kalimero

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got mine from Amazon uk, ordered last monday.

3DS XL Blue/Black, Sxx100xx, copyright 2012
FW 4.1.6 :)

Isnt that a bit risky though mate? What happens if it comes and its not the right firmware/SN? I was contemplating doing that but the disappointment would be :(

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Up
I messed up in the same way, but now i know why. Box was out of the place, and serial number would've told me everything

Serial Number : SEF118XXXXXX
Copyright : 2012
Color : Red/Black
FW Version : 6.2.0
Model : 3DS XL
Country : I bought it online in Poland , but I don't know the origin of the box, so I'm not entirely sure.

So as you can see, everything matches up. Look at the serial number, and you should be safe.

Reactions: kalimero

Sidokas

Trophies
XP
Country
Isnt that a bit risky though mate? What happens if it comes and its not the right firmware/SN? I was contemplating doing that but the disappointment would be :(

Yes, it was quite risky, but for 125£ it was worth it, since a brand new 3DS XL where i live goes for 165£+.

Can always swap it or sell it and buy a new one, gladly that wasn't the case :)

Orcastraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my new purple 3DS, it was CW421XX and had 4.4. Also the gf got one weeks ago that was 420XX, and had 4.3. My walmart had a lot of purple 3ds' so they may be a good place to look.

Reactions: Terminator02

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 3DS XL, Blue with serial SW1270 and Firmware 4.5! Now I can actually play games on my own XL instead of borrowing my reindeer's Aqua 3DS.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new 3DS in box from Target dated 2012 and it was on 6.xx so I returned it. Their return policy is a double edged sword in a sense. On the one hand, they had no problem giving me my money back; but the more I thought about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a repacked 3DS that was bought, updated and returned. Pawn shops have yielded the best results for me so far.

mrgodai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a SW1032 red/black 3ds xl from target over the weekend. 4.1.0-8u!! They had piles of red/black while all the other colors are sw13xx. Good thing ppl hates red :D

mrgodai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new 3DS in box from Target dated 2012 and it was on 6.xx so I returned it. Their return policy is a double edged sword in a sense. On the one hand, they had no problem giving me my money back; but the more I thought about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a repacked 3DS that was bought, updated and returned. Pawn shops have yielded the best results for me so far.

you have to go by the SW number. anything less than SW127x should be 4.5 or less. At my target there were many SW13xx with 2012 date and for sure those are above 4.5

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm in the UK. can someone reccommend me any stores where I can read the boxes for a serial number? I really want to try and track down a 3DS!

the store i posted is in the UK but New Zealand $. order the mario kart xl bundle. comes with 4.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played