Which game did you pira... err file-shared that you ended up buying aftwerwards?

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me was Dragon Age Origins. I liked the game so much I ended up buying the ultimate edition after completing it with elf mage. Then finished it 2 more times with Human Paladin and Dwarf.
Also Inside. I played it for like 1 hour and then I just had to purchase to support Playdead for such an amazing game.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I can't remember one.
I keep promising myself I'll buy it for real but then before I know it I finish with the game and then there's no point paying for a game I'll never play again.
the point is to support the developers so they can keep making the games you like playing. This is specially important for indie games.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a bunch, to be honest.
I ended up buying them afterward, now they're all sitting on my shelves collecting dust.
well, I like to purchase them for my steam collection if they're pc games of course. The only games I have collecting dust are the ones I bought first before going ahead and getting a digital version.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
well, I like to purchase them for my steam collection if they're pc games of course. The only games I have collecting dust are the ones I bought first before going ahead and getting a digital version.
I try to get the physical release as much as possible, unless it's digital only.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly, I can't remember one.
I keep promising myself I'll buy it for real but then before I know it I finish with the game and then there's no point paying for a game I'll never play again.
This, I never believe people who saying they gonna buy it after trying the game. Be a full pirate or don't.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Way too many to list here. Honestly if a game has kept my attention for a couple of hours i'll buy it, if not it gets deleted and never thought about again ... unless less it was an absolute trainwreck.

I believe my steam library is currently hovering around 761 games and physical games (atlast count) around the 1500

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, I never believe people who saying they gonna buy it after trying the game. Be a full pirate or don't.
It's not about being a "pirate" It's about trying something before you buy it. Almost everything in commerce has a satisfaction guarantee except for media. Which is not fair for consumers. And you can't really go by reviews since a lot of them are biased. Ironically the most money I've spent on a game is a free to play game. Dota 2.

D

Deleted User

I *file-share* all my games
The ones i like i go and buy
The ones i dont like i just delete
Demos sometimes dont feel like the actual game so i dont do demos

Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way too many to list here. Honestly if a game has kept my attention for a couple of hours i'll buy it, if not it gets deleted and never thought about again ... unless less it was an absolute trainwreck.

I believe my steam library is currently hovering around 761 games and physical games (atlast count) around the 1500
impressive. how do you keep 1500 physical copies? I would never have the space for it. I have a hard time finding space for my 20 wii u games.

Reactions: Deleted User

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
-Rocket League
-Minecraft Java
-Gang Beasts

Also I did the exact opposite with Splatoon 1, I bought it on release date and I couldn't play online anymore when the 2.0 update came out and I sold it.
Then three months later I pirated it to see if the problem persisted (and it did until a storm broke my router and we replaced it, now I can play it without too much problems)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many, the last that comes to mind is Project Mirai DX.
First I "shared" Project Mirai 2, it was only in Japanese.
Then I got DX, USA version.
And finally I was able to get my hands into an actual European game card.
Sure I've played that game over 300 hours.

Other games that I also bought after "testing":
  • Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (how couldn't I)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (it was a PITA to find a copy back on the day, but then they released it on the eShop)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening. Actually I bought it twice, first I bought it digitally, but I gave my USA 3DS as a gift to a friend, that game included. Then I got a CIA for it and played it on my EUR 3DS XL, and then I just bought the European game card.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Bravely Default
  • Fire Emblem If/Fates (I wanted to play it ASAP fantranslated, bought it when it was released in EUR, limited edition at that)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (same as Fates above, limited edition also)
  • Many other games, but I should stop and work already.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@comput3rus3r It's a struggle, a lot of them are stored away in the loft in air tight boxes. Me and my mrs have been talking about getting a bigger place, hopefully then i will be able to display it all. Thinking about the 1500 is really a lowball estimate, I still have stuff still stored at my mother's house

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs