Which game did you pira... err file-shared that you ended up buying aftwerwards?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I think 90 Percent of my PC Games.

"Try-before-buy".:)

For the Consoles it is vice versa for most of the Games
First bought,then "giveaway"

"Mod-after-buy" kisspng-emoticon-smiley-piracy-emoji-clip-art-pirate-5ace03606b4b72.5291625015234507204395.jpg

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
There was a time i went full piracy, during the last recession.

I have bought almost everything i pirated back then. The list is too big to write, though.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I bought all of the Ace Attorney games and all of the SMT games after discovering how much I enjoyed them due to piracy. I actually do think I would have given them a try if I didn't pirate them first.

Reactions: Windaga

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Planetarian and Narcissu
Both are VNs that I played fan translations of (Narcissu I played all three translations even though they are pretty much the same). I obtained them on through shadier means on PC, DS, PSP, PS2, Switch, bought them on Steam.
tl;dr: if there is a copy of them, I want it. I might never play it ever again, but I want it.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically when I buy games I buy them to play them online with people if I pirated them. I will say with the last generation (PS4/XB1) I legitimately bought the games due to the sweet deals

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Playing the bootleg version on the switch was so dull I rather play with real people
Pokemon Lets Go Eevee - I had enjoyed the game so much I ended up buying it
Pokemon Sword - I really wanted to battle online and trade normally
Max Payne 2 - I was stuck on a level and I had read online it was a glitch I had to buy the real game to continue
Mario Tennis Ace - I wanted to play with people
Mario Maker 2 - I bought it to play the created levels also the world levels

there are alot more games but here are a few

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought all of the Ace Attorney games and all of the SMT games after discovering how much I enjoyed them due to piracy. I actually do think I would have given them a try if I didn't pirate them first.

This is pretty much my exact experience. I went over a friends house and played the first Ace Attorney that he had downloaded, then went home and bought it that night. With SMT, a close friend have given me an Acekard that had some ROMs loaded on it and I played Devil Survivor / 2.

I ordered the special edition for the 3DS when it launched, and I've purchased just about every SMT game that's available in the west.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to download a lot of music and stream movies but I realized that convenience is worth the price if you have the money for it. The difference between streaming a movie through a shady website and watching it on a streaming service with unlimited* bandwidth is so much worth the price of entry. Very happy not expect buffering when watching a movie or show.

Also I believe paying for things gives value to them. If I pirated a game, I find myself often forgetting about it and never playing it again regardless of how good it is.

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag