Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm sick of my iPod earbuds and I'm thinking about getting some new headphones...
I think for now I'm going to keep on the inexpensive side and I have a few in mind:

- Creative Labs EP 630 ($13.45)
230.jpg

- Sony MDR-EX71 ($4.74)
17.jpg

Or, to go in a completely different direction:
- Sennheiser HD280 Pro ($82.99)
SENH-HD280.jpg

I figure the closed headphones might keep my ears nice and warm in winter (to justify the size of them).

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... I like the Sony Pro MDR-7506... They are nice and flat - and have a decent reviews.

So many choices out there! Ahh!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I got some Sennheiser HD515s the other day, and shit is extreme.

$80 sounds pretty high for HD280s, seeing as thats roughly how much I paid for my 515s. The 515s look so much better, too.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i dont know how old you are but if you want style and good sound for a reasonable price i would go for skullcandy.com I have used 4 different ones and they are all pretty good i gotta say. I am using the Titans right now and they are just as good in my opinion as some of the pretty high end ones and they look cool. if you want something cheaper but nearly as good go for the smokin buds or inkd i had them and they were awsome my dad even uses them! For bigger over ear headphones i have used Hesh and Skullcrushers. Hesh is really nice and keeps your ears warm and has beautiful clear sound but the skullcrushers are really cool and the best choice if you love bass because it has a freakin sub-woofer in the headphones themselves. Also their warranty is amazing if they break because of a manufacture thing you send it in they replace it for free, if you dont like them you can get something else by sending them back in. If they break during bad use you can return them and i believe you get half credit.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
apb407 said:
well i dont know how old you are but if you want style and good sound for a reasonable price i would go for skullcandy.com I have used 4 different ones and they are all pretty good i gotta say. I am using the Titans right now and they are just as good in my opinion as some of the pretty high end ones and they look cool. if you want something cheaper but nearly as good go for the smokin buds or inkd i had them and they were awsome my dad even uses them! For bigger over ear headphones i have used Hesh and Skullcrushers. Hesh is really nice and keeps your ears warm and has beautiful clear sound but the skullcrushers are really cool and the best choice if you love bass because it has a freakin sub-woofer in the headphones themselves. Also their warranty is amazing if they break because of a manufacture thing you send it in they replace it for free, if you dont like them you can get something else by sending them back in. If they break during bad use you can return them and i believe you get half credit.

Ignore this

QUOTE(DrKupo @ Sep 30 2008, 11:48 AM) Ignore the child above me.

Skullcandy crap sound like shit and look ugly. Wearing them makes you look like you are 13.

Listen to this. Unless your iPod is filled with Simple Plan and My Chemical Romance, then buy SkullCandy, please.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
Hahaha, trendy shit is awful.

Anyways, I have a pair of Sennheiser DJs HD202, which is very nice and fairly priced (only 25 USD). However, if you have a big head, it hurts after wearing it for a while.
You can grab some here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826106306

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Comes down to your budget...had a pair of Sony EX51LP (which is the model just before the EX71) which was okay...sound wasn't so great and I wasn't big on the in-ear design.

If you can afford it, by all means buy a Shure of Klipse.

If you want something in the $50 range, get a pair of these:
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?Ope...5Ept%5EPORTAPRO
Its one of those strange things that doesn't cost much but sound amazing for that price...and the retro look is simply awesome.

Had a Technics RP-HJ1200 for a while until it cracked on the side...was amazing for trance music. But the 1 pounder really weighed me down after long gaming sessions.

Oh and don't buy Skullcandy...they sell those in hip-hop clothing stores over here.

edit: Wait a sec, Sony MDR-EX71 for $4.74? You're not getting those used are you? I know they're cheap but not THAT cheap.

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha. The prices I quoted were ones I quickly found on eBay - I think they were a "new" product but I can't remember now.
As for SkullCandy... I am not a fan. It's no so much that they are trendy... because, well, if they are they are not trendy with my particular crowd.

I've been researching a bit... And I think I've narrowed down my selection to 3 possibilities (all of which are entirely different than my original thoughts - haha).

1) Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 Studio

2) Sony MDR-V6/MDR-7506

3) Panasonic RP-HTX7

Oh, and Renegade_R, I like the specs. of those Koss headphones - but the style wouldn't work for me.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow ouch that hurt.........They always worked fine for me and i had them before the whole trend thing happend i really like them and never had a problem with them. Also i like all kinds of music and they sound fine its not like its completely punk crap that has no value at all.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
apb407 said:

Skullcandy is trendy bullshit with the worst sound ever. My Koss porta pros, which cost 10 bucks less then their Lowriders, produces much more bass, and a much better overall sound. The Skullcandy IEMs are ok, but still not worth the price.

It felt like it was made of cheap plastic, and the cable looked pretty thin. The good thing was the comfort, and was more comfortable then my Prota Pros.

BUT

Their sound is awful. The sound is so goddamn awful, I can't even listen to the song itself. The bass was horribly weak, yet all these 10-17 year olds that use them says OMG THE BASS! THERE'S SO MUCH BASS!!!!!!!!!!!. The clarity was horrid, with absolutely no detail, and the mids were awful. The highs were better then the two, but still awful. For the money you pay, unless you want some trendy bullshit that looks good, get it. But if you really want to listen to music, get something else. Any skullcandy products aren't worth it, unless you pay less then half of what they want you to pay.

Also, avoid any Bose products, CHEAP Sony products (since cheap sony ones are bad, while their more expensive models are actually superb for the price. Sony MDR-7506, for example), and Skullcandy.

EDIT: Get the Sony MDR-7506 / V6. The Ultimate ears Studio 3 may stick out of your ear by far, and the sound isn't so impressive for the price, though they are a good entry IEM. Also, I'd rather avoid Panasonic products as well.

EDIT 2: I was also thinking of getting the Koss porta pros back in April. I asked Renegade_R, and he said I should. After 4 months of usage, I never regretted the purchase. Too bad my brother lost it in BCIT........ (He said he left it somewhere during editing, and he forgot to bring it back. Next day, he went to find it, but it was just gone.)

Oh well. I'll be getting an Audio Technica ESW9, so I hope it feels the void....

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not trying to point out anybody but most people who hate bose and skullcandy and apple are people who feel like they want to be original and anything mainstream is horrible for example the guy who was talking about my chemical romance and simple plan and saying things like TRENDYZ STUFFS ARE BADZ CAUSE IMA FEEL NOT SPECIALS IF I GET SOMEDING DATS PEOPLES HAVE. of course most people arent going to just say it flat out

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ryan said:
Haha. The prices I quoted were ones I quickly found on eBay - I think they were a "new" product but I can't remember now.
As for SkullCandy... I am not a fan. It's no so much that they are trendy... because, well, if they are they are not trendy with my particular crowd.

I've been researching a bit... And I think I've narrowed down my selection to 3 possibilities (all of which are entirely different than my original thoughts - haha).

1) Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 Studio

2) Sony MDR-V6/MDR-7506

3) Panasonic RP-HTX7

Oh, and Renegade_R, I like the specs. of those Koss headphones - but the style wouldn't work for me.

Go buy some American Apparel

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
not trying to point out anybody but most people who hate bose and skullcandy and apple are people who feel like they want to be original and anything mainstream is horrible for example the guy who was talking about my chemical romance and simple plan and saying things like TRENDYZ STUFFS ARE BADZ CAUSE IMA FEEL NOT SPECIALS IF I GET SOMEDING DATS PEOPLES HAVE. of course most people arent going to just say it flat out
Bose and Skullcandy simply make shit product.

That's all there is too it. Enjoy being a sheep.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sennheiser.

I don't know about the quality of higher-end Sony but I've had a few lower end ones in the past and they blow.

For the record, I own a Sennheiser HD555.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you know what i will enjoy being a sheep because at least i dont care if other people have the same things as me and i doubt you even bought any bose or skullcandy let alone their good products like is said i have skullcandy products and i have tried bose and they are amazing even if they are over priced most people say that "this product sucks" or something like that because they cant have it or cant afford it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: