• Start date
  • Views 20,767
  • Replies 252
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
014a5231-8d34-4cc9-851b-315f3dca3f03.jpg

I was just 4 and a half years old when I got this for Christmas and I've been gaming ever since then :yay:
is that a double cartridge?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My first console was a Sega Genesis (bought in 1990). It came with the packed-in game Altered Beast, and the first game I bought was Alex Kidd in the enchanted castle. Yeah, I know, don't ask me why. :rofl2: But I had been gaming for a few years already on my Atari 800XL computer. I still enjoy a good game of Star Raiders, even nowadays. An absolute classic.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First console I played was I think the Atari 2600 (although it's possibly the Intellivision since I don't know when we bought it). But, if it was the 2600 then the first game I played was probably Pitfall (although I remember playing Raiders of the Lost Ark a lot).

First console I bought was a Gamecube specifically for Metroid Prime.

McBing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First Console I played on was my Brother NES.
Then I got a Gameboy for my 4th birthday with Tetris (Because I kept stealing my brothers')
But my first own console was a N64 I bought with my own money.

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First console ever was the Nintendo DS (the Phat version to be exact). First game I ever had was New Super Mario Bros. I was six or so and I was waiting to see the Optometrist. I was extremely bored and didn’t have anything to do, so my dad gave me his DS and let me play the new Mario game. I loved it and played the crap out of that game. I never beat it until around 3 years ago, though. My second ever game was the sequel to that game, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for the Nintendo Wii. I remember very little of my first play through of this game, but I do remember always playing Co-Op with my mom. She beat the game when I was at school one day, and said that the last battle was against a big scary dragon (Bowser). Not 100% sure, but that was back when disc backup loaders were a thing, so that has a very high chance of being a pirated copy of the game. The first console that I had bought myself was the DSI Mario 25th anniversary edition.

TL;DR My first console was DS, first game was New Super Mario Bros. DS

Last edited by PalindromicBreadLoaf,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Commodore 64 with extra speed cardridge (ram) and tapedrive, and two grey joysticks (i thought they only had one button).
as for computer,
a Super Nintendo for console

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Pure Console - Sega Mega Drive (Magnum Set with 2 Controllers + Sonic/Super Hang On/Columns/World Cup Italia 90)
Game/Homecomputer Unit (what ever) - Atari 800 XL with Dataset + 1 Atari Joystick + Pole Position Cassette.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first console I played was a Pokemon color with pokemon red but the first console I owned that was mine personally was a purple gameboy advance with Donkey Kong country <3

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First system I remember was an NES, we had a commodore, and atari's before that, but I vaguely remember using them before getting an NES, pretty sure those were my dads, we had the infamous atari ET cart, and the Zelda game&watch as well. Yes, I'm getting old!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PS1 (9002), some time at the age of 5 (don't think it was a birthday or christmas), I think the idea was my mom's... but I preferred having my dad play games and watch him rather than do so myself :)

and of course nobody in the family knew what a "memory card" was, which became a problem with the 2nd game (Hot Wheels Turbo Racing) we got the next day: (1st was The Smurfs, the platformer)

Code:
CHECKING FOR
MEMORY CARD(S)
PLEASE DO NOT
ADD OR REMOVE
A MEMORY CARD
AT THIS POINT

Code:
VALID
MEMORY CARD
NOT FOUND
[RETRY]
[CONTINUE]

Nobody of us knew English, it was not obvious that you could scroll down from Retry to Continue (the brackets aren't in the original text and only the currently selected option blinks), so those 2 screens were all I saw for the first 40 minutes or so :D :D

Many years later I found out the European version of HWTR crashes when loading a certain track...

Also, a then friend of mine (I don't even remember who he was) came visit me with his PS1 and 50 games (most of them pirate), he gave me one and of course I couldn't figure out how to run it, until I got a PC and found out about ePSXe :D

The first console I personally chose was a GBA SP in 2003, with Pokemon Crystal (the last one ever stocked by that supermarket)... much of my elementary school history was in that game

D

Deleted User

OP
PS1 (9002), some time at the age of 5 (don't think it was a birthday or christmas), I think the idea was my mom's... but I preferred having my dad play games and watch him rather than do so myself :)

and of course nobody in the family knew what a "memory card" was, which became a problem with the 2nd game (Hot Wheels Turbo Racing) we got the next day: (1st was The Smurfs, the platformer)

Code:
CHECKING FOR
MEMORY CARD(S)
PLEASE DO NOT
ADD OR REMOVE
A MEMORY CARD
AT THIS POINT

Code:
VALID
MEMORY CARD
NOT FOUND
[RETRY]
[CONTINUE]

Nobody of us knew English, it was not obvious that you could scroll down from Retry to Continue (the brackets aren't in the original text and only the currently selected option blinks), so those 2 screens were all I saw for the first 40 minutes or so :D :D

Many years later I found out the European version of HWTR crashes when loading a certain track...

Also, a then friend of mine (I don't even remember who he was) came visit me with his PS1 and 50 games (most of them pirate), he gave me one and of course I couldn't figure out how to run it, until I got a PC and found out about ePSXe :D

The first console I personally chose was a GBA SP in 2003, with Pokemon Crystal (the last one ever stocked by that supermarket)... much of my elementary school history was in that game
if it was the last copy you were lucky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1