Hardware Who Is Getting The Ps4 When It First Drops ( Midnight Arrival )

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My rule is that a console becomes worthy of consideration when it hits these criteria;

1 - It has at least 6 games unavailable on any other system that I'm chomping at the bit to play.

2 - It has a solid reputation for not dying every few minutes. Looking at you, Xbox 360 :glare:

3 - I won't completely bankrupt me or force me to trade in absolutely everything else I own to acquire it.

Right now the PS4 is failing on all counts, so no, I won't be at the midnight launch. Not unless I'm repeating the Starfox 64 3D trolling incident of showing up at the midnight launch for Gears of War 3 and buying something completely different just to wind up the staff.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be buying one at launch, having bought the PS1/2/3 around launches for all three and each time it is a worse experience for me.

From my personal perspective the PS1 had great games all along its lifespan the PS2 had some solid games at launch but hit it's stride probably a year after launch and just kept pumping out the greats, the PS3 has had a sprinkle of greats here and there and now that the PS4 is launching the PS3 seems to just recently have hit it's stride.

Some of the things I have read about the PS4, Sony was more focused on software development time this time around than in the past and supposedly the PS4 is as easy to develop for as the PS1.

Me personally, I will be waiting 1-2 years before I make up my mind if the PS4 is a buy or not this time.

Edit: What games would make me buy a PS4. Road Rash Online (not an actual game I just want one... lol Throw in local 4 player split screen action and yes...) Gran Turismo 6, Tekken Tag 3, Katamari 1/2 HD (yes a remake but put them on one disk and I would be happy.) SOTN 2 (If I am wishing might as well wish big.) Twisted Metal Black 2 (please don't make it Online only...) Toss in some random other games I am sure I forgot about but the ones I named would be enough to make it worth buying if nothing else came out.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Have both PS4 Launch Edition and Xbox One Day One Edition preordered on Amazon. Will gonna sell them when they're close to release.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, it will arrive 1 day before launch at my house. Xbox1 i might buy 7 years down the road when Microsoft screws off

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a legitimate chance I never buy a PS4, atleast within the first few years of its lifespan. The amount of light hearted first party Playstation games are becoming fewer and fewer. The days of unique first party Sony games, like Ape Escape, appear to be over. Now as a Sony gamer you're stuck with a bunch of FPS' as the majority of your big time releases (atleast from Sony owned studios). And to say I'm not excited to play a more powerful version of Killzone is an understatement.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wait and let early adopters fix the bugs. Then again thats not always a fool proof solution.
/looks over at multiple red ringed 360s...

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, pre-ordered the dual-shock bundle on Amazon, so I should receive it on launch day. It'll be nice to play something other than Pokémon X/Y. Xbox 360 graphics are not cutting it for me anymore and I don't have money to invest in a good enough custom gaming rig since I bought the 15in rMBP and Surface Pro. The Vita TV and remote play is a really awesome incentive as well.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope. Waiting for some RPGs to drop on it.
It's almost criminal that the PS4 is launching with so few/no noticeable/any RPGs.

Plus midnight launches are terrible. I always look at the other disgusting gamers and wonder "dear god, is that ME? Do I look like that? DO I SOUND LIKE THAT ?! OH GOD WHERES A GUN" ...or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...