Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The fuck are you on? My machine never had shit like this installed at all. and it's up to date.

Reinstalled Windows 10 with the creators update... It had installed those types of games by itself. Luckily they were easily deleted.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...I'm assuming you didn't actually try launching them. If you did, you may realize that trying to launch them just brings you to the Windows Store page for them.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
it happened to me a few times till I followed a video to make the necessary registry edits. consider yourself lucky?
Ahhh now I understand. I did the registry edits day one.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it happened to me a few times till I followed a video to make the necessary registry edits. consider yourself lucky?
Registry edits? Are you sure those were actually installed and not just shortcuts to the Windows Store page for the game in question? That's what everyone else got.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Registry edits? Are you sure those were actually installed and not just shortcuts to the Windows Store page for the game in question? That's what everyone else got.

Mine were installed... So...

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 works great for me. I installed Windows 10 on my laptop and haven't used since, too much unneeded crap with windows 10. I'll milk Win 7 as long as I can. I also still use a 4:3 monitor, anybody have a problem with that too.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
didn't click on them but i'm going to assume they were installed games due to the size of the files. but even if they weren't the actual game microsoft shouldn't be force downloading anything without user permission due to capped internet plans being a thing.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't hate it but I don't need it, Windows 7 is still fine for me (for now, at least).

And about lots of DirectX12 only games, I'm pretty sure the next Windows will be released before it start to appear (as seen with DirectX11, games developpers will probably take a few years before forcing their games to DirectX12 only).

Last edited by davhuit,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't hate it but I don't need it, Windows 7 is still fine for me (for now, at least).

And about lots of DirectX12 only games, I'm pretty sure the next Windows will be released before it start to appear (as seen with DirectX11, games developpers will probably take a few years before forcing their games to DirectX12 only).

The next version of windows was just released, there is another one coming later in the year. Microsoft have indicated that Windows 10 is what it's called now, like MacOS X. Whether either of them will ever go to 11 will depend on how much they like Spinal Tap (iOS could get to 11 this year.....)

I personally don't care what you run, but Windows 10 was officially free and you can still sneak in a free upgrade. If they stop that then it'll be expensive for you to get it.

I miss more functionality from Windows 10 when I run Windows 7 than I do the other way round.

Last edited by smf,

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only gripe with win 10 is that they use forced updates on the home edition users as a testing ground for stable updates.

I would not recommend using the home edition of windows 10 at all. I would go with education edition if you can get it since it doesn't have cortana.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
My only gripe with win 10 is that they use forced updates on the home edition users as a testing ground for stable updates.

I would not recommend using the home edition of windows 10 at all. I would go with education edition if you can get it since it doesn't have cortana.
What's wrong with cortana?

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot (39).png

You can turn off locations if you're that paranoid