Hacking Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So pretty much in the land of pirates, there is no reason to hate on TX so much. Gotcha! [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Unless it bricks or blows up your Switch I honestly don't see any reason to hate a device that enables piracy. That is what we bought it for right? Why should another's opinion deviate our usage from it?

Reactions: freeza

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unless it bricks or blows up your Switch I honestly don't see any reason to hate a device that enables piracy. That is what we bought it for right? Why should another's opinion deviate our usage from it?

Good thing no one is trying to change the mind of the people who already bought it nor trying to keep new people from buying it...

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing no one is trying to change the mind of the people who already bought it nor trying to keep new people from buying it...
Not changing, but Persuading the minds. Every time stolen code is mentioned or saying opensource will outbeat the sxos in the future. Thing is it wont even matter by then b/c the purpose of the device will already be fulfilled to those who own it.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not changing, but Persuading the minds. Every time stolen code is mentioned or saying opensource will outbeat the sxos in the future. Thing is it wont even matter by then b/c the purpose of the device will already be fulfilled to those who own it.

People are just pointing out facts. If said facts are enough to persuade people to change(which apparently they aren't), then maybe they aren't so happy with the device in the first place. Though i have yet to see any SX OS user stop using it because of the facts presented. And the thing is, the stolen code thing is mentioned a lot mostly because the "fans" of the OS keep denying that it ever happened, even though proof has been presented that it did. Most say they don't care and that's fine but a big majority keep claiming it never happened

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are just pointing out facts. If said facts are enough to persuade people to change(which apparently they aren't), then maybe they aren't so happy with the device in the first place. Though i have yet to see any SX OS user stop using it because of the facts presented. And the thing is, the stolen code thing is mentioned a lot mostly because the "fans" of the OS keep denying that it ever happened, even though proof has been presented that it did. Most say they don't care and that's fine but a big majority keep claiming it never happened
Yeah you are partially right we just don't care aslong it doesn't have any negative impact on our Switch. The brick code panic was the only real thing that changed ppl's mind. Sure there are those who didn't know like the OP while others still uses the sxos, but doesn't agree with their methods. I was in a debate in one of the update threads with an sxos owner, but he still supported opensource 100% b/c of the of the stolen code moral bit. Everyone has their reasons to like something, but time and time again even when there is proof its not going to change the outcome whether we accept it or not. Thats why these arguments generally get nowhere its just ppl spouting information we already know for a few Likes.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it at the time when it was the most user friendly method out there. I can understand why others hate them and I'm not gonna try to change their mind. I already have it and it works so I'm gonna keep using it. Granted, if I didn't have it I'd probably get the cheaper ones since they work exactly the same.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could eat the slime off rocks to survive but, I'd rather spend money that I earned, on a hot dog. This should not affect any one else in any way unless, you don't have money for a hot dog and are envious and spiteful. Why do people hate on the ones that can afford a hot dog? You should be happy with your slime, some people don't even have slime. I worked hard for it and, if I want to blow my money on a hot dog that's my business. We don't need to hear anymore endless preaching page after page.
I can afford a hot dog, I just choose to eat the hot dog my friend buys for me that hasn't been dropped on the ground.

I'm not really a hater though, more of just someone who doesn't want to purchase an item from a company that has shady practices.

What's stopping them from dropping support once the next best CFW comes out and sales dry up? What will all of their suppoters say then? Seriously though, I would genuinely like to know. It's not like someone could just pick it up, it's the downfall of a closed source project.

freeza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol "facts" i couldn't care less what TX stole for SX OS. We're all in the same boat of trying to get something that costs money for free. Your morals can't be present only for TX but not for Nintendo. The nature of open source is that someone will steal without crediting.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol "facts" i couldn't care less what TX stole for SX OS. We're all in the same boat of trying to get something that costs money for free. Your morals can't be present only for TX but not for Nintendo. The nature of open source is that someone will steal without crediting.

See that's what i'm talking about. Not caring about the facts doesn't invalidate them. When people say stuff like "lol *facts*", they are trying to invalidate them, pretend they don't exist and they do. Not caring about them is one thing and that's fine, especially if you already own the thing but trying to invalidate them is something else completely different. And let's face it, just because it's in the nature of it(which is seriously doubt that it is) it doesn't make it any less wrong

Reactions: The Catboy

freeza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See that's what i'm talking about. Not caring about the facts doesn't invalidate them. When people say stuff like "lol *facts*", they are trying to invalidate them, pretend they don't exist and they do. Not caring about them is one thing and that's fine, especially if you already own the thing but trying to invalidate them is something else completely different. And let's face it, just because it's in the nature of it(which is seriously doubt that it is) it doesn't make it any less wrong
Lol not one time did i try to invalidate them or pretend like they don't exist. I said i couldn't care less what TX stole. Whether they steal from other developers or not is irrelevant to me when i openly admit the only reason i bought the SX Pro dongle is to in turn steal from other developers (of games)

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol not one time did i try to invalidate them or pretend like they don't exist. I said i couldn't care less what TX stole. Whether they steal from other developers or not is irrelevant to me when i openly admit the only reason i bought the SX Pro dongle is to in turn steal from other developers (of games)

You said, and i quote: Lol "facts". This is an invalidation of the facts. You putting facts between "" is the same thing as saying it's not real or aren't really facts at all. So maybe it wasn't your intention but it was what you did

Reactions: The Catboy

freeza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said, and i quote: Lol "facts". This is an invalidation of the facts. You putting facts between "" is the same thing as saying it's not real or aren't really facts at all. So maybe it wasn't your intention but it was what you did
I can accept that. I should have made it clear what the quotations were for. For the record they weren't to try and invalidate the stolen code TX uses but more to help illustrate that the facts presented are what the majority of people on this site do themselves anyway except without making a profit from stealing

Reactions: Ashura66

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can afford a hot dog, I just choose to eat the hot dog my friend buys for me that hasn't been dropped on the ground.

I'm not really a hater though, more of just someone who doesn't want to purchase an item from a company that has shady practices.

What's stopping them from dropping support once the next best CFW comes out and sales dry up? What will all of their suppoters say then? Seriously though, I would genuinely like to know. It's not like someone could just pick it up, it's the downfall of a closed source project.
Well as any opensource user keeps pointing out .. they steal codes, so I don't see their support dropping anytime soon unless opensource stops providing them more codes for them to repackage in their brand. Other than that we only need TX support to be functional on newer firmware's but this is TX we are talking about they can craft up something on their own if need be they demonstrated that with emunand

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The app for .XCI installation is still being worked on, it's a WIP.

Installing an XCI isn't the same as mounting one. But here it is. https://github.com/The-4n/4NXCI

Also, one thing i forgot to mention is that the R4S dongle is said to be capable of running .XCI files as well. Now i don't know if this is true or not as i don't have the dongle myself(nor do i know anyone who does as most people use the Atmosphere one) but if this is true then that means that SX OS has lost it's only advantage. Again i have no way to verify this, these are claims from the R4 team themselves, it's on their site

R4s doesn't write their own software, they tell you to use atmosphere, reinx or SX OS. So it can mount them, if you use SX OS. Or they tell you to use the XCI to NSP converter for reinx and atmosphere.

http://r4i-sdhc.com/

They are pretty vague about whether they are offering a licensed/cracked SX OS, or whether you have to buy it from TX. They say you don't need a license file, but that might be because SX OS is optional.

Last edited by smf,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as any opensource user keeps pointing out .. they steal codes, so I don't see their support dropping anytime soon unless opensource stops providing them more codes for them to repackage in their brand. Other than that we only need TX support to be functional on newer firmware's
So you're saying that they'll keep stealing code to provide updates even after they've stopped profiting? Call me naive but TX doesn't come off as the kind of people to work for free.

My point is in the grand scheme of things, everyone will be using the free open source CFW eventually. SX OS will be the next Gateway and TX will move on to their next project. It'lI be sooner than later though. And I get it, 30-40 bucks isn't much considering you can play backups and pirate the shit out of games but you've been able to do that for much less now so I don't see the need to pay for a solution that will eventually lose support, is ran by shady people and has had crappy updates.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can sort of understand what the people who bought SX OS are feeling. When Gateway first arrived on the 3DS scene, it was the must-have item for Switch hacking and for quite a while. Expensive as it was, it kept its exclusivity long enough to justify purchases early on in the 3DS hacking days. But once FOSS caught up, Gateway basically did what TX is doing now and eventually they stopped doing updates altogether since FOSS alternatives outclassed in it in every way possible...except for one thing: .3DS mounting. Now much like .XCI files, .3DS mounting is not very useful and is outclassed by .CIA files. But I still use my Gateway to this day instead of Luma mostly because I'm lazy but also because .3DS support was never implemented. However if I had never bought the Gateway and waited until FOSS CFWs arrived onto the scene, I probably would just be using those since they can provide me everything Gateway would functionally.

The point I am trying to make here is that while TX is most likely going to end up on the same route as Gateway (they are most definitely not the old TX people love and know), until the FOSS community implements everything their product has to offer (which is just .XCI loading at this point), people will continue to use SX OS. Actually, people will probably still use SX OS if that point is ever reached due to sheer laziness but I would enjoy .XCI loading in the free alternatives. But to buy SX OS at this point seems kind of like a moot point and the only reason they are still relevant this far in is most likely due to brand recognition (I mean more people know about Atmosphere than ReiNX which is depressing since ReiNX is like a free version of SX OS).

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying that they'll keep stealing code to provide updates even after they've stopped profiting? Call me naive but TX doesn't come off as the kind of people to work for free.

My point is in the grand scheme of things, everyone will be using the free open source CFW eventually. SX OS will be the next Gateway and TX will move on to their next project. It'lI be sooner than later though. And I get it, 30-40 bucks isn't much considering you can play backups and pirate the shit out of games but you've been able to do that for much less now so I don't see the need to pay for a solution that will eventually lose support, is ran by shady people and has had crappy updates.
I can sort of understand what the people who bought SX OS are feeling. When Gateway first arrived on the 3DS scene, it was the must-have item for Switch hacking and for quite a while. Expensive as it was, it kept its exclusivity long enough to justify purchases early on in the 3DS hacking days. But once FOSS caught up, Gateway basically did what TX is doing now and eventually they stopped doing updates altogether since FOSS alternatives outclassed in it in every way possible...except for one thing: .3DS mounting. Now much like .XCI files, .3DS mounting is not very useful and is outclassed by .CIA files. But I still use my Gateway to this day instead of Luma mostly because I'm lazy but also because .3DS support was never implemented. However if I had never bought the Gateway and waited until FOSS CFWs arrived onto the scene, I probably would just be using those since they can provide me everything Gateway would functionally.

The point I am trying to make here is that while TX is most likely going to end up on the same route as Gateway (they are most definitely not the old TX people love and know), until the FOSS community implements everything their product has to offer (which is just .XCI loading at this point), people will continue to use SX OS. Actually, people will probably still use SX OS if that point is ever reached due to sheer laziness but I would enjoy .XCI loading in the free alternatives. But to buy SX OS at this point seems kind of like a moot point and the only reason they are still relevant this far in is most likely due to brand recognition (I mean more people know about Atmosphere than ReiNX which is depressing since ReiNX is like a free version of SX OS).
You see the irony there? its b/c opensource is available to the public. They have constant support even if there are a few hiccups along the way hell major gaming companies make mistakes in their updates its very petty like to slam dunk TX for that. The fact is they are trying I'm not denying fee cfw will grow better I embrace it I don't think most ppl understand that even us sxos owners paid for such a product knowing freeware will eventually do the same. I mean look at how many hacked consoles I have..... All Free Software except the Switch your wasting your time trying to educate me on the evolution of free cfw, do I need to bring up the TrueBlue dongle during the early years of a jailbroken PS3? This is a better comparison to Gateway b/c it lacked support, had clones that could brick a PS3, and opensource users eventually cracked it to implement in their Kmeaw 3.55 cfw to the public that was the death of TrueBlue

I never bought gateway either, tho I had an interest to, but it started out really bad and slow. If anything I did buy the DSTWOSupercard and never regretted it even tho 3DS cfw allowed GB cia roms. Security on the 3DS was arguably poor compared to the Switch which plays a big role on how far and fast free cfw can achieve. Even if the sxos dies out its not the end of the world.... theres gonna be more free cfw out there other than Renix and Atmosphere popping up when it happens. But as of now in the present current time the sxos is just more end user convenient for ease of use thats why it sells well or in another way thats why ppl are throwing away $20-$40 at it

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that some people hate them and continue to bad mouth them. I was on a discord for retronx, and whenever someone is reporting an issue or have any questions, once the person says he has sx os, they immediately get told, "we don't support sx os...we won't support sx os...they're garbage...try something else....etc...etc..". So that's why I wouldn't bother trying to talk to these people because you are not gonna change their mind period. If you have sx os and completely satisfied with it like myself, then just enjoy it, don't worry about what others think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...