Is this okay?

• Total voters

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
400-500k from the estimates I've heard
lol! that would be 2% of every hackable switch sold has SX OS installed (as 20 mio. units were sold until the switch revision that is still unhacked)! I know they would like to be selling those numbers, but they clearly don't!
Piracy is a small percentage (maybe the 2% alone) and they do not have a monopoly on that. I guess 0,5% of every switch sold is even a VERY high number! 100k-150k is my educated guess.
I would like someone to prove me wrong! but SX sources don't count here, sorry.

Last edited by naddel81,

jester_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol! that would be 2% of every switch sold has SX OS installed! I know they would like to be selling those numbers, but they clearly don't!
Piracy is a small percentage (maybe the 2% alone) and they do not have a monopoly on that. I guess 0,5% of every switch sold is even a VERY high number! 100k-200k is my educated guess.
I would like someone to prove me wrong! but SX sources don't count here, sorry.
Indeed, I was just repeating hearsay :)

Maybe they counted free SX OS users? haha

Nintendo has sold a total of 32.27 million units of Switch consoles as of Dec. 31, 2018.
400k = 1.2% of all Switch consoles sold. But yeah, I don't have sources besides people who talk to T-X. :blush:

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, I was just repeating hearsay :)

Maybe they counted free SX OS users? haha

400k = 1.2% of all Switch consoles sold. But yeah, I don't have sources besides people who talk to T-X. :blush:
no, 400K is 2% of every switch sold until summer. that is their user base as every newer switch is unhacked even by TX!
they are proud china men and would brag about every license sold IF they had sold those numbers. they haven't and that new platform is the biggest sign for that. they need more money since atmosphere has clearly cut off their money source!

Last edited by naddel81,
Reactions: DayVeeBoi

jester_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, 400K is 2% of every switch sold until summer. that is their user base as every newer switch is unhacked even by TX!
No... MANUFACTURED after June 2018*

You think they don't count May 2018 consoles as a sale when it is sold on December 30th, 2018? :rofl2:

EDIT: Maybe it's more like 355-375k and they rounded up when bragging to me lol

Last edited by jester_,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... MANUFACTURED after June 2018*

You think they don't count May 2018 consoles as a sale when it is sold on December 30th, 2018? :rofl2:
sorry, mate. you clearly have no clue about business. why pay for a product when you can have an alternative for free?!
since atmos release (and rajNX and reiNX...) around that time, they obviously have not sold as much as before. not even quite. that is the reason for their new platform.
I assure you they have not provided 2% of every hackable switch with SX OS. 20 mio is the approx. install base. it does not matter if it is june 2020 or june 3020 when the possible product install base does not grow (due to being unhacked), but in fact is weakened every day (consoles die over time).
to sum it up: SX OS is not selling anymore, so they need more money. now they go for direct piracy, rather than "you can play your backups with our product" bullshit. nintendo will cut off their chinese servers if they start selling universegateNX in big numbers. but they won't, so it will stay for good for the small install base of a few hundred paying customers.

update: when you subtract the "free" licenses then you only have 100k-150k sold licenses (max.!). that alone would pay for development and everything by far. for a small china-team of maybe 20 people, run by a few british advertisers that is enough money. but since they would like to be millionaires, they are going for the easy cash grab now. I doubt Ninty is going to let that happen.

Last edited by naddel81,

jester_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, mate. you clearly have no clue about business. why pay for a product when you can have an alternative for free?!
Well, we were just having a friendly back-and-forth before this bit. Sorry mate, you underestimate the amount of people who want plug-and-play. SX OS was available long before Atmo. I'm not arguing about numbers that could be 100% fake and told to me just to lie and pretend. Maybe you are right, "just" 100k sold ($50 for every SX Pro, $25 for every SX OS) - that is still $2,500,000 if they never sold SX Pro, and $5,000,000 if they never sold SX OS - so it is somewhere in the middle.

Not bad for those guys.

Reactions: mowsie and naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we were just having a friendly back-and-forth before this bit. Sorry mate, you underestimate the amount of people who want plug-and-play. SX OS was available long before Atmo. I'm not arguing about numbers that could be 100% fake and told to me just to lie and pretend. Maybe you are right, "just" 100k sold ($50 for every SX Pro, $25 for every SX OS) - that is still $2,500,000 if they never sold SX Pro, and $5,000,000 if they never sold SX OS - so it is somewhere in the middle.

Not bad for those guys.

I absolutely agree, but you forget that 2.5mio to 5 mio dollars is not net win at all. I we safely assume they made about 2 mio. dollars WIN on that product(s) until june 2018, they all have their income for the work they put in it over the last 15 months. the reason for the new platform to exist is the fact they did not even make a quarter of that WIN for the second SX OS halftime. why? because of the free alternatives that are even easier to use now than SX OS. you do not need to "activate" and "buy" your license when you can simply go to sdsetup.com and be happy.
and don't be fooled. the "I want it easy" pirate is NEVER going to pay 25 dollar starting fee (license) and then 25 dollars monthly. he wants everything free or he has no interest!

Reactions: jester_

jester_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think $25 is way too high. But just because I disagree with their business model doesn't mean I'm going to be making shit up and pretending they don't have a large target audience. The question shouldn't be "will anyone buy this?" - but rather, "how fast will Nintendo try to stop them?"

My 2 cents.

Last edited by jester_,
Reactions: mowsie and naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between statements like this, and Pluupy calling buyers "unicorns," I wonder if you guys even look at the poll here. 70/30 split. This is on GBATemp of all places, where absolutely almost everyone uses free CFW (or bought SX OS very early), and even 30% of these modders/hackers/professional pirates say the product is "okay." Lots in this very thread are complaining about captchas, difficulty finding every needed NSP, difficulty installing, etc.

I think $25 is way too high. But just because I disagree with their business model doesn't mean I'm going to be making shit up and pretending they don't have a large target audience. The question shouldn't be "will anyone buy this?" - but rather, "how fast will Nintendo try to stop them?"

My 2 cents.
and even the 30% who say "it is OK" are not potential buyers! that alone should tell everyone the product is never going to be a big seller, because the second they go big with it and advertise it to a bigger audience is the second nintendo is going to shut it down for good.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This discussion happens every single time a console gets cracked. Even rampant piracy has never destroyed companies or ravaged the sales of games (See: the NDS,) so why would it change now
It won't. they will certainly make their share, because the product does not cost them much to keep alive. one guy who manages the releases and keeps the infrastructure alive is all it takes for this. but I doubt there will be more than a few hundred users paying 12 months a year for this!

borngborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO they want 25 dollars a month i doubt it even really connects to nintendo cdn it probably just connects to a hosted server with everything thats already public and free this is a pathetic attempt at a cash grab if ive ever seen one wtf is this. I dont think tx is even behind tbh it is not mentioned anywherr on their website. This is fuckin pathetic

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pimpinpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are exploiting the users that were dumb enough to purchase SX OS thinking they were THAT dumb to buy into this service. It's an insult to them and a stain on the modding community. StargateNX and TX should be ashamed as well as the people stupid enough to buy both.

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for this poll, finding the plugin became easy.

I had to answer yes to the poll because pirates will be pirates (regardless if they are paying ones or not)

I quite frankly like unicorns on top of my former argument and I dislike the moral high ground where no is coming from.

Reactions: mowsie

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they're offering a free trial for just the DLC/updates portion. Has anyone checked to see if it's their private server or Nintendo's? Not even sure if it'd be that easy.

jester_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they're offering a free trial for just the DLC/updates portion. Has anyone checked to see if it's their private server or Nintendo's? Not even sure if it'd be that easy.
rcloned stash according to the elite sceners

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
"(must remove 90dns/Nintendo blockers)
Even if your Switch is already banned by Nintendo, our product still works perfectly!"

Wait, wth?
So when i use this, i actually use their own ticket?
So when it will get banned, they will use another ticket from non banned switch?

If not, why even asking to disable stealth mode? Isn't that stupid and will gets me banned?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
your not thinking 4th dimensionally.. What happens in 20 years when there is no way to buy the digital titles? That's the main reason it needs to exist. Its for the future.... Companies really only care about 1 and maybe second year sales. That where the money is.
Erm, let's think about older platforms here. Fullsets are things already, aren't they? People can already dump content for free, can't they?

Reactions: smf

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"(must remove 90dns/Nintendo blockers)
Even if your Switch is already banned by Nintendo, our product still works perfectly!"

Wait, wth?
So when i use this, i actually use their own ticket?
So when it will get banned, they will use another ticket from non banned switch?

If not, why even asking to disable stealth mode? Isn't that stupid and will gets me banned?
They don't ask you to remove stealth mode, read their pdf guide, point you to activate it

also you can get banned, if tries to play online them.

Last edited by Disharmony16,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...