OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 Alpha
WiiGator Clears the Rumors and Gives more Info
wii.gif
WiiGator has posted a blog talking about his update to his Wii Backup Launcher. While still unreleased and in the alpha stage, v0.3 has many improvements over the last release.

For the full list of changes and improvements, see below. He also goes on to clear up some of the rumors that have been flying around for the last few weeks.

Changelog said:
Everybody have rumors about what happened and what will happen. Here are the facts:
I was working at backup launcher 0.2. This version was faster, but not fast enough. Backup launcher was not released. I decided it is the wrong approach and switched to 0.3.
Now I am working at backup launcher 0.3. The features are
- Plays games are decrypted (Most people call this patched).
- Plays games which are unchanged 1:1 backups.
- Drive speed is still 3x. It is so fast that some testers believed it is running at 6x.
- dvdx is not required. You can use dvdx also for playing DVD movies with a different application.
- The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS.
- The number of working decrypted games is smaller and depends on your Wii configuration.
- I've now the problem that I can't reproduce any errors which the testers have. If this continues I will release a version for everybody to test, so I can get a bigger compatibilty matrix.
Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?