:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I'm tripping on is the high price of an extra Wiimote. $40 bucks!!! Damn!! Then another 20 for the nunchuka attatchment????? That $60 dollars more I have to spend because Madden is more fun with 2 or more people.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno about anywhere else in the world but over here you can get a basic 360 for £199, not much more expensive than a Wii but meh I think I'll get more value for my money with a Wii than I have from my 360 (though I do enjoy alot of my 360 games, I just think I'd prefer the Wii). The remote and Nunchuck prices have stunned me abit I'm hoping some third party folk would do some cheaper ones that are reliable. Games also seem to be pricier than I'd expect for a system which games are suppose to be alot cheaper to develop for.

Saying that I'll still get one on launch day, but maybe wait until the accessories are easier on the pocket.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The Nintendo Wii was just on the news here in Australia. I took a short video with my digital camera and uploaded it to youtube HERE

No sound unfortnately, my camera isn't that great for movies, but you can see it at least. Some good publicity there, a guy from Nintendo Australia is showing it off a little later in the video.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The Nintendo Wii was just on the news here in Australia. I took a short video with my digital camera and uploaded it to youtube HERE

No sound unfortnately, my camera isn't that great for movies, but you can see it at least. Some good publicity there, a guy from Nintendo Australia is showing it off a little later in the video.
Have you ever thought about being a cameraman? if so I suggest you don't
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quizzed NOA about region locks and this was their response:

"Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We have confirmed that the Wii console is manufactured with a region code that limits the system to playing only those games sold in the coded region, which is the same as we did for Nintendo GameCube and prior console systems."

I also emailed NOE (well their out-sourced service center anyways) and I got this dumb response:

"There is a confusion over the tem 'Region Free'. With regard to the Wii this has no real meaning as there is no DVD player capability in it. I think the reference is to the difference between the TV systems throughout the world. A lot of them are incompatible."

So yeah as NOE stated before the Wii is gonna be region locked, doh. =(

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
yeah, i think the prices of everything is rather hefty...
smile.gif

150 skr (15 euro) for a rom which I could buy original cartridge @ second hand for 50 skr (5 euro) doesn't seem very nice...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it