Wii U not booting - Next Steps?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe this ifmgr hang is caused by the older FW.

Use JNUSTool to download OSv10 (Title 000500101000400A). You need to add the Wii U common key to the config file.
Then do:
Code:
java -jar JNUSTool.jar 000500101000400A
Get the fw.img from that and put it on the SD as ios_orig.img.

Then you can use the second option in minute to boot that new ios_orig.img

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I got the file, renamed it to ios_orig.img and put it on the root of the SD card. Do you want me to boot with the wafel_setup_mlc file in the plugin folder or boot without it?

Here is the log with the wafel_setup_mlc file in the plugin folder

Repeating the "alive...opening..." bit at the end

Last edited by lolorlofl,

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you try to run it with just the 000500101000400A title in the wafel install?

removed all folders from the wafel_install folder, added the folder I downloaded from jNUStool and ran the first option in defuse, orange led is SOLID. Should I try the second option?

I noticed that the title I downloaded from JNUStool has a folder structure like this:
  • 000500101000400A
    • code
      • [bunch of files]
The MLC/TLC titles I downloaded are structured like this
  • 0005001b1004f000
    • [bunch of files]
Is that correct or should I structure the title I downloaded from JNUStool like the MLC titles?

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Only 000500101000400A folder from MLCRestorerDownloader in install folder, Solid orange LED, console outputting Wii U logo, selected the first option in defuse
At the end it says "MLC SYSTEM FINISHED WITH WARNING"

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I will install the rest of the MLC and SLC titles now. Here's the log of the 0005001B-10042400 install. I accidentally left the 000500101000400A folder on the SD card and it showed up as a failed install in the logs at the end. Is this a problem?
Post automatically merged:

I started the install for the rest of the titles (the other 2 that I installed are not on the SD card) and it's doing the same "alive...opening..." loop.
Orange LED flashing, Wii U is outputting the serial log, however it looks like it got cut off very early in the log.

Last edited by lolorlofl,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's doing the same "alive...opening..." loop.
Orange LED flashing, Wii U is outputting the serial log,
IIRC I was confuses by this, too, but it's normal. Just give it more time to finish.

//EDIT: And @SDIO you might want to change the blinking while installing to some other color than orange as orange blinking normally indicates an error, confusing users.

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IIRC I was confuses by this, too, but it's normal. Just give it more time to finish.

//EDIT: And @SDIO you might want to change the blinking while installing to some other color than orange as orange blinking normally indicates an error, confusing users.
It's been about 24 hours and the orange LED is still flashing, the console is still repeating "alive...opening..."
I shut down the computer last night without realizing the serial output was still running, so I'm not sure if it did anything else other than repeat itself

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It definutly shouldn't take that long.
Maybe we just wait till the nand aid arrives and then try it on a fresh sd

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been about 24 hours and the orange LED is still flashing, the console is still repeating "alive...opening..."
I shut down the computer last night without realizing the serial output was still running, so I'm not sure if it did anything else other than repeat itself
That was the same issue I had at one point. Do you have all of the wireless adapters attached to the motherboard? I found that this went away once I attached the two wireless cards.

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That was the same issue I had at one point. Do you have all of the wireless adapters attached to the motherboard? I found that this went away once I attached the two wireless cards.
Yes I've re-seated them for the third time now lol. I'm pretty sure they only go in one way so I don't think it's possible to install a module in the incorrect port.
Here's the log of the most recent boot I tried to do after re-seating the wireless modules.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I've re-seated them for the third time now lol. I'm pretty sure they only go in one way so I don't think it's possible to install a module in the incorrect port.
Here's the log of the most recent boot I tried to do after re-seating the wireless modules.

Yeah that is exactly what was happening to be before I connected the adapters. It clued me in when I did a web search for /dev/net/ifmgr/ncl and it lead me here https://wiiubrew.org/wiki//dev/net/ifmgr/ncl. Basically as if the Wii U is attempting some sort of network config. After I had attached them I also had to do a reformat with wafel_destroy and then it took off and was able to complete by installing 10 titles at a time. Not sure why I could only do 10 at a time but it seemed to work that way. As long as the adapter is within the white outline it they should be good unless one of them is damaged. The one in paticular that caused my issue is the 2878D-WINA2 chip.

Here's a link to a picture of them attached so you can see proper orientation:
https://gbatemp.net/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2F126945ad64d67cf0e351ed49fbd235aa.png&hash=7facdfb8964287ecd84be781238c9e3b

Last edited by fringle,
Reactions: SDIO

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah that is exactly what was happening to be before I connected the adapters. It clued me in when I did a web search for /dev/net/ifmgr/ncl and it lead me here https://wiiubrew.org/wiki//dev/net/ifmgr/ncl. Basically as if the Wii U is attempting some sort of network config. After I had attached them I also had to do a reformat with wafel_destroy and then it took off and was able to complete by installing 10 titles at a time. Not sure why I could only do 10 at a time but it seemed to work that way. As long as the adapter is within the white outline it they should be good unless one of them is damaged. The one in paticular that caused my issue is the 2878D-WINA2 chip.

Here's a link to a picture of them attached so you can see proper orientation:
https://gbatemp.net/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2F126945ad64d67cf0e351ed49fbd235aa.png&hash=7facdfb8964287ecd84be781238c9e3b
Maybe I should try wafel_destroy then? I'm not sure if I'm reading the logs correctly, but it looks like some titles get installed before the "alive...opening..." loop starts. Before trying wafel_destroy, should I try installing a few titles at a time to see if that works?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe I should try wafel_destroy then? I'm not sure if I'm reading the logs correctly, but it looks like some titles get installed before the "alive...opening..." loop starts. Before trying wafel_destroy, should I try installing a few titles at a time to see if that works?
You would be correct that some do get installed but it's as if after one of them gets installed the wii u attempts some sort of network config or check for the network adapter presence. I ended up damaging the connector on mine so I purchased another cheap wii u console that I took it from to complete the setup and then bought another adapter online for the console I took it from. The adapters are pretty cheap if you do need a new one.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids +1