OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.5 Release
Download here

The LEDs now have new features, they can be used to display the system time in binary, they also have a pattern and counter mode.
Rumble now has a modulation feature.
Keyboard arrow keys can be detected again, broke in 1.4

TheRATCompany

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really cool. Thank you for writing a program! I think I'm going to wait to actually play any games with it for the 360 controller emulator part. Then you can use it for Steam big picture mode and every game that supports it by default.

As for just playing around with it right now, I noticed that the deadzone seems to be really sensitive. If you even touch the joystick the mouse will start moving and sometimes it'll just keep going unless you manually put it back to center. Is it supposed to do that by default? I should probably mess around with the deadzone settings, but I was just wondering for when the 360 emulation comes out, could it have a deadzone setting? So you don't have the camera or the character moving by themselves. It could just be my controller.

Anyway, thanks again for this! I hope the 360 gamepad emulation is easy to make.

TeHaxor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheRATCompany:
You can change the deadzone settings, click on the configure button for the analog you wish to modify,
then adjust the sliders until the mouse stops moving.

richirare

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great job TeHaxor69! I had been waiting for this for months!

I bought the Pro Controller this evening in order to play with my N64 and GC emulators.
I got the controller to pair with the PC once but now I don't know why the connection only lasts for a second and then it disconnects right away.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

BoxDude10

Trophies
XP
Country
Great job TeHaxor69! I had been waiting for this for months!

I bought the Pro Controller this evening in order to play with my N64 and GC emulators.
I got the controller to pair with the PC once but now I don't know why the connection only lasts for a second and then it disconnects right away.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I had the very same problem a few days ago. The solution is a little odd though. You have to pair the Pro Controller with your Wii U again. Switch off your Wii U then try again with the Bluetooth Stack. Should work fine

richirare

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the very same problem a few days ago. The solution is a little odd though. You have to pair the Pro Controller with your Wii U again. Switch off your Wii U then try again with the Bluetooth Stack. Should work fine

Thanks a lot BoxDude10. I was dreading that might be the solution: I don't have a Wii U, I bought it exclusively to play old games on my PC. I'll try to pair it with another PC and maybe that'll work. Thanks a lot!

richirare

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found a solution to the controller connection not lasting more than a few seconds.

Basically you have to>

1) Delete the previous connection.
2) Select New connection > Express mode > Search devices.
3) While the program is searching for devices press the red sync button on the back of the controller.
4) Once the controller is found DON'T do anything, just wait until the led lights stop blinking (around 15 seconds or so).
5) Right after the led lights have stopped blinking click on next (you have around a 5 second window)
6) From now on the controller will now remain connected.

Keep up the good work guys!

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
This works great, I've been playing Sleeping Dogs with this controller which I actually find more comfortable than the 360 one. Just one thing, is it possible to automatically connect the controller to the PC? That is the convenience I like from my wireless xbox 360 controller, you just turn it on and gets connected automatically. There is a program called WiimoteConnect that claims to do just that (to connect wiimotes), so maybe its possible.

Autosaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to get it working with Steam, but it failed. I thought of downloading XPadder, but apparently that doesn't work either.

Is there a way to get Xpadder to work with this?

willtheoct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I tried to get it working with Steam, but it failed. I thought of downloading XPadder, but apparently that doesn't work either.

Is there a way to get Xpadder to work with this?
Xpadder is a tool to turn gamepad inputs into keys.....
this program turns WUPC inputs into keys(or mouse movement, at non-constant speed)

this could work for steam BP if steam works with xbox 360 controllers. but it requires a workaround
NOTE: this will take hours(about 4 if you know how to glovepie, 8 if you dont) to find all the programs and get them configured properly. If you have to ask how to do it, i would not recommend you to do it because it takes a long time if you have no idea. but here are the steps:
1. get this thread's tool
2.get PPJoy, glovePIE(i think its now known as piefree), and x360ce.
3. to install PPJoy, open cmd, type
bcdedit -set testsigning on
4. reboot, ppjoy should work if you've installed it
5. make your own script in GlovePIE to interpret key presses and send them as PPJoy outputs
6. look in the google code files for x360ce, download the program that lets you find your DUID
7. put that(and the other ID) in x360ce.ini file in the right place, figure it out
8. put the dll and ini in steam's main folder along with whatever x360ce dll works

you may not even need x360ce, it is possible steam can interpret PPJoy outputs

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Another quick update: my modded x360ce now connects to the pro controller and parses the buttons just fine. However the games either don't see the controller or just crash.
So right now I'm working on getting this fixed and then parsing the analogs.

Also in the beginning there is not going to be a custom mapping option. I'll try to include that later and will give you just two versions in the beginning. One where A=A B=B X=X Y=Y and one where A=B B=A X=Y and Y=X

Reactions: filfat and Thijs

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody have any Ideas on how to sort this out?

Started happening after 1.4
Capture.JPG

willtheoct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another quick update: my modded x360ce now connects to the pro controller and parses the buttons just fine. However the games either don't see the controller or just crash.
So right now I'm working on getting this fixed and then parsing the analogs.

Also in the beginning there is not going to be a custom mapping option. I'll try to include that later and will give you just two versions in the beginning. One where A=A B=B X=X Y=Y and one where A=B B=A X=Y and Y=X
aw, cmon man. use Directinput. I know it's a little more work but it is infinitely better.

TheRATCompany

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's..not really. Most modern games support the 360 controller by default, so it seems to me to be a good way to start. Any game that doesn't support it can use the application that's already out, hopefully with added analog support. Edit: Also with 360 emulation, it can support Steam Big Picture Mode without having to tinker with anything. Hopefully.

willtheoct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's..not really. Most modern games support the 360 controller by default, so it seems to me to be a good way to start. Any game that doesn't support it can use the application that's already out, hopefully with added analog support. Edit: Also with 360 emulation, it can support Steam Big Picture Mode without having to tinker with anything. Hopefully.
but it is really. again, using publicly available methods, you can always go from directinput>xinput, but there is no program written for xinput>directinput
and aside from specifically the x360 controller vibration, directinput does everything that xinput does, plus more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong