Hacking Wii U stock firmwares?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I dont really have time to go through all the threads but I was wondering what the stock firmwares are on certain new Wii U models and if we have a system similar to buying a 3ds determining that. or is it currently safe just to buy any Wii U and be able to exploit in the future or will I definitely need to update from a disc? etc etc

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think we have one yet. I tried to google and see of there might be one on another site but no luck.

Mine is: FW10725.... and it had really low firmware when I got it (dont really remember) . I am on 5.3.2 right now as I had updated from the eshop some time back.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true as well, so dont go buy a Mario Maker special edition... go to your local bestbuy/etc and look at all of the consoles and buy the one with the oldest serial number (there should be a sticker outside the box, i dont remember)

ablade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Wii U Super Mario 3D World Deluxe set that includes 2 games (Nintendoland and Super Mario 3D World) and the firmware is 5.3.0 U.

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
I think I'll just get the white version I still see in stores often. I bet it'll have a low firmware + it's cheaper and I don't mind having only 8GB of storage since the only games I care about from eshop are shovel knight and chariot, the DLCs can fit on a 32GB SDHC I guess.
I'll make sure to post the version and firmware it came with here after I get it :)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the Zelda refurb bundle from NoA store and it came with 5.3.2. I think it's the best bang for the buck even though WindWaker is digital only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd need a subway foot-long bun, for my sausage. B-)