Antarctica
can you post that one somewhere cuz

DiscU v 2.1b by crediar
Built: 08:31:09 Jan 16 2015
It is not allowed to resell, rehost, redistribute
or include this file in any packages!

Usage:
DiscU.exe disckey.bin game.wud ckey.bin

Normally, updated software has more features and not less.

Because those options were broken and not fully implemented yet, so you might get broken files if you use the leaked version.
It was only meant the extract the system partition, the rest should be considered not working!

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you post that one somewhere cuz

DiscU v 2.1b by crediar

Usage:

Normally, updated software has more features and not less.
Superman 64 and Sonic 06 set a precedent on the contrary. :lol:

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Because those options were broken and not fully implemented yet, so you might get broken files if you use the leaked version.
It was only meant the extract the system partition, the rest should be considered not working!
I want to understand, does your program, DiscU, can extract the game files(such as models, music, etc.) Or the partitions?

Reactions: Margen67

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The latest version extracts the partition which usually (or always) contains the models, music, levels and things like that.

I know the the partition does contains the models, music, levels and things like that.
I mean does the program extract the models, music, levels and things like that, or just the partitions images

Also, how can I get the latest version? from here: https://twitter.com/crediar/status/555991567195193344/ ?

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
I know the the partition does contains the models, music, levels and things like that.
I mean does the program extract the models, music, levels and things like that, or just the partitions images

It puts the folders and files in the partition into the a folder it creates with the game code (like NUS-blahblahblah) as the name in the folder the command line you're using is CD'd into (default: C:/Users/UserNameCommandLineIsRunAs). Phew.

So when you run the program correctly, you should end up with some folders with files such with the extension szs, sarc (same thing, it seems), bfres, sharc, etc. It won't extract any archives in comes across. There are some tools to do this though (e.g. WiiUExplorer).

Also, how can I get the latest version? from here: https://twitter.com/crediar/status/555991567195193344/ ?
I believe so. This version certainly works, in my experience.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I believe so. This version certainly works, in my experience.

When I open it, a "command prompt" window appears then disappears
That's what was written:
Code:
DiscU v 2.1b by crediar

Usage:

hmmmm....

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll explain the "Usage:"
This "Usage" is what you type into the command prompt (cmd.exe)
[Path to DiscU.exe] [Path to disc title key pasted into empty file in hex editor] [path to Wii U disk image {wud}] [path to the common key - if one "common key" you can find with google doesn't work, try another one]

Something to take notice of when doing anything in command prompt (aka "DOS prompt", terminal, "shell"):
filenames and paths can only have spaces and other special characters, if you put quotation marks (") like this "C:/This Has Spaces In/& Special Characters" because if you put this: C:/This Has Spaces In/& Special Characters it will not like those characters (for reasons which you may read about elsewhere).

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well... I make a "common key" bin file in a hex editor, right? So let's say I want to decrypt SM3DW, you know that the title key is some hex text like: "03 3A BC", so if I'm using HxD, I paste the title key in the hex place.(the place in the left)
And the common key I found was normal text, like: "jxhgdvddhjkdnhxhgd", so I paste common key in a new page in the text place(the place in the right), and some hex text will appear in the left.
Then I save both files as .bin files, is this right?

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Well... I make a "common key" bin file in a hex editor, right? So let's say I want to decrypt SM3DW, you know that the title key is some hex text like: "03 3A BC", so if I'm using HxD, I paste the title key in the hex place.(the place in the left)
And the common key I found was normal text, like: "jxhgdvddhjkdnhxhgd", so I paste common key in a new page in the text place(the place in the right), and some hex text will appear in the left.
Then I save both files as .bin files, is this right?

That's right. However, i've made a .bat file that includes "DiscU.exe titlekey.bin game.wud ckey.bin" and it worked fine!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the OP he did release it, but it needs to be compiled by the end user. If you don't know how to do that, then there's probably no reason for you to be using this as it won't be playing retail games any time soon. It will be useful for testing homebrew etc like if you're developing homebrew apps for the U and would like a quick way to test them without having to fire on the Wii U, running an exploit etc every single time you want to debug something....

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
It will be useful for testing homebrew etc like if you're developing homebrew apps for the U and would like a quick way to test them without having to fire on the Wii U, running an exploit etc every single time you want to debug something....

No it won't, this has nothing to do with Wii U emulation, and will not ever have.

Reactions: FPSRussi4

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
CarlKenner is not really known for any actual emulator work, and this fork in particular hasn't moved forward a single bit in a year. On top of that it has been mentioned a gazillion of times in this thread that Dolphin is a terrible base for a Wii U emulator. None of this has anything to do with 3DS emulation (especially not with clueless people claiming that 3DS emulation was not possible).

Call me a sceptic, but wishful thinking isn't going to make a Wii U emulator out of this anytime soon. While this project may not be entirely useless, I'm pretty tired of people making it out to be "a good start towards Wii U emulation" or anything like that.

Reactions: FPSRussi4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarlKenner is not really known for any actual emulator work, and this fork in particular hasn't moved forward a single bit in a year. On top of that it has been mentioned a gazillion of times in this thread that Dolphin is a terrible base for a Wii U emulator. None of this has anything to do with 3DS emulation (especially not with clueless people claiming that 3DS emulation was not possible).

Call me a sceptic, but wishful thinking isn't going to make a Wii U emulator out of this anytime soon. While this project may not be entirely useless, I'm pretty tired of people making it out to be "a good start towards Wii U emulation" or anything like that.

Oh, I definitely don't think that it will be the same person who moves the project forward, but that's not saying that someone else won't build upon it, especially since he gave everyone the source to compile themselves

And, well, it is a good start towards any type of Wii U emulation, especially considering that this was a way of browsing the filesystem of disk rips even before DiscU and CDecrypt came out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...