Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a lot of "RE" research happening here... personally I'm not interested in this method for anything other than homebrew, just annoying me its all piracy talk and no ones using this for other purposes... Yet.... I guess it's fresh.....
This can't be used for homebrew, that's why. This method only works for retail games. Games that are on the eShop and that are sold physically.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

modify the .tik?
Yea, but it doesn't explain how exactly we have to edit the tik :(
Use a hex editor like HxD to modify bytes "01" and "0F"

Change 03 to 01, then for byte F subtract two.
CPsB0v3.png

81p8oGz.png

Reactions: Phantom64

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus christ, I can't find a New Super Mario Bros U WUD for the life of me. I found a few, but they're either on shitty hosts or no one's seeding it.
No one even uses .wud or bothers to keep them... Newer games don't have them at all. It's a shame there's no way to dump them...

Not a lot of "RE" research happening here... personally I'm not interested in this method for anything other than homebrew, just annoying me its all piracy talk and no ones using this for other purposes... Yet.... I guess it's fresh.....
By design, it can only be used for official games.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I RE'd 2 minutes after the release happened. There's really not much to see here, the method is installing legitimate NUS packages with legitimate tickets. It cannot be used for homebrew whatsoever

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
This can't be used for homebrew, that's why. This method only works for retail games. Games that are on the eShop and that are sold physically.

Use a hex editor like HxD to modify bytes "01" and "0F"
thanks

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People doubted USB without iosu.... I doubt this is THAT limited. Has to be a way.
It is that limited. Wupinstaller was known to be able to install real retail games for a long, long time now. The only thing that stopped us was not having the tickets, and not knowing the tickets were so easy to derive from the WUD files

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
It is that limited. Wupinstaller was known to be able to install real retail games for a long, long time now. The only thing that stopped us was not having the tickets, and not knowing the tickets were so easy to derive from the WUD files

Hey bud. Would you mind pm me your exact method of using titles from nusgrabber. Thanks

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the hex edit process change if it's eur or usa?

Can somebody write a python script for that HEX stuff with tickets? Or something like that?
It won't be hard if you knew what to do.
2 blank boxes and user enters 2 items then saves file

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know... it's a shame we're so limited on what we can do with this...
We're limited to games that are on NUS, have a WUD, and are in our region.
Which may be quite a bit... but plenty of newer games aren't available, at least in USA region.
Looking everywhere, games from 2015 aren't even available - Splatoon and Mario Maker, notably.
Really a pain in the ass to deal with, and what makes it worse is there is literally NO WAY to dump WUD files from discs. I'd easily dump USA Splatoon and SMM files for everyone... if I had the option to.

Reactions: XRaTiX

mame_au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will wait about a month until someone come up with a method to play games in the format we have all been using with loadiine (code/content/meta), but this is a good start towards a fully hacked wii u

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exciting stuff but don't really see a reason to take advantage of this yet. Only reason I would love to use this is to play the games that load super slow on Loadiine. I'll wait for Zelda TP before I jump in.. :) All the files posted so far by the Brazilian team run fine in Loadiine.
SM3D world runs slow for me i
Can confirm this works

Has anybody tried installing more than one title?
I've installed Mario Maker, SM3D and Smash so far (EU obviously) and all working great! You have to do it one at a time though but hey, no biggie! I couldn't get Yoshi to install though - errorred right at start of install process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about...