Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDD rips games I think you mean loadiine
You can launch out of region games with DDD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have made a version of ourloader that launches USA SSB from NAND. (No disc)
I will try to make an EUR mario maker version, install it on my USA WIIU and share results
Hopefully it works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try this, haven't tested yet. Should load EUR mariomaker when pressing A.
So did this work?

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to install a game onto USB HDD. What happens when the USB HDD is removed from the WiiU? Does the system refuse to start the game or does the icon disappear? Any prompts to download the game?
Also, is it possible to transfer a game from a USB HDD to another in the future? eg. when upgrading to a larger USB HDD. And can a game saved to the NAND be moved to USB when required?
Appreciate the help,

Last edited by PR0r,

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to install a game onto USB HDD. What happens when the USB HDD is removed from the WiiU? Does the system refuse to start the game or does the icon disappear?
Also, is it possible to transfer a game from a USB HDD to another in the future? eg. when upgrading to a larger USB HDD.
The game will just disappear. As for transferring games to another USB I don't know.

Reactions: PR0r

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the reason that we can't use other region title.tik files with US files? Is it because the title key doesn't match? What if we hex edit the title id in the title.tik file to match the region of game we are installing? The title ID seems to be at 0x1D0. I would try this myself but I currently do not have access to my gamepad.

Reactions: zeldaism

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello. Thank you for this post.

Could you add a FAQ in the first page because everybody is afraid of the brick and ask a lot of questions about the risks of this hack. (sry for bad english)

Reactions: AboodXD

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the reason that we can't use other region title.tik files with US files? Is it because the title key doesn't match? What if we hex edit the title id in the title.tik file to match the region of game we are installing? The title ID seems to be at 0x1D0. I would try this myself but I currently do not have access to my gamepad.
it wont match.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +2