Wii U won't connect to one of my routers

NEKOBREAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't understand why my Wii U won't connect to my router, I literally tried everything I saw with no result
my guess is that I cannot find the right IPV4 for this router?
a thing I've noticed is that it can connect directly to my modem, with no need of changing IP address, but using it wouldn't be good, my modem is very far from my room, so the connection would suck
I've done the process of manually changing the IP address using windows cmd ipconfig settings, but there's a thing, I use cable connection on my PC, and when I tried a wireless adapter and used ipconfig/all, IPV4 number did change... idk if this happens cuz I use OpenWrt on this router, but it used to work before I changed my internet plan
I really wanted to know why this is happening...

NEKOBREAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you placed anything on top of the WiiU? An HDD for instance. Only asking because of I place my HDD on the top the WiiU fails to conect to the Internet then if I simply move the HDD to the side of the WiiU it gets an Internet connection.
I used to do this, but since my wii u is now sideways (using that support that comes in the box) it's not
in this very same position I can access poorly my modem wireless but not my router

Reactions: AmandaRose

NEKOBREAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you placed anything on top of the WiiU? An HDD for instance. Only asking because of I place my HDD on the top the WiiU fails to conect to the Internet then if I simply move the HDD to the side of the WiiU it gets an Internet connection.
oh my gosh... I guess I own you a big ''thank you'' XDD I cannot believe this, I literally almost couldn't play online with my wii u stand up, or, I would have to disconnect my HDDs, but since my Wii U is hacked, well, that wouldn't be the answer to it
but come on??? this does not make sense, i'm genuinely surprised, why the f does this work okay in my modem that is VERY FAR AWAY but IT DOESN'T WITH MY ROUTER THAT IS NEXT TO THE WII U?? AARRGHH!! XDD
after changing the place of Wii U and HDDs a little bit, I managed to get internet connection, finally! glad to know it works

souvenir video as well /watch?v=Z70IyT2vuNs
if it's stand up, internet wont connect, not even once

Last edited by NEKOBREAD,

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't understand why my Wii U won't connect to my router, I literally tried everything I saw with no result
my guess is that I cannot find the right IPV4 for this router?
a thing I've noticed is that it can connect directly to my modem, with no need of changing IP address, but using it wouldn't be good, my modem is very far from my room, so the connection would suck
I've done the process of manually changing the IP address using windows cmd ipconfig settings, but there's a thing, I use cable connection on my PC, and when I tried a wireless adapter and used ipconfig/all, IPV4 number did change... idk if this happens cuz I use OpenWrt on this router, but it used to work before I changed my internet plan
I really wanted to know why this is happening...
1) The IP static (that will not change) you have to set it in your router "OS" not in Windows.

2) The wireless connection to your Wii U (especially with new routers) ,you have to able the exactly Channel WiFi to your router to communicate with the Wii U, and than your Wii U can connect (also to me it happened in the past) .... Which channel?! I need to check in my router and let you know later....

Reactions: NEKOBREAD

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) The IP static (that will not change) you have to set it in your router "OS" not in Windows.

2) The wireless connection to your Wii U (especially with new routers) ,you have to able the exactly Channel WiFi to your router to communicate with the Wii U, and than your Wii U can connect (also to me it happened in the past) .... Which channel?! I need to check in my router and let you know later....
Ok @NEKOBREAD , in your router under the section of 2.4 GHz WiFi, you have to change and try the channel from (probably) "Auto" to 11 Channel.

The Wii U can be connected between 1 to 11 Channel (the most common to use are 1(USA) and 11).

It depends to your region, but usually the new routers has at least the Channels to pick from 1 to 13 (under 2.4 GHz), and the latest/newest routers has even more.... And, what happened if this setting it's set to Auto , the router can decide to pick the channel over of 11; and your Wii U maybe cannot see or can see the WiFi.... The problem come, when you have to connect the Wii U or other any older device that will get connections problems and you cannot understand why....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I can see it in your smile +1