Hacking WiiFlow Lite

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 15 second delay happens when booting from the homebrew channel or the forwarder(s). I have WiiFlow installed to SD card and the 15 second black screen at launch only happens when nothing is plugged into the usb port. If I plug in a usb device of any kind (hard drive/flash drive/cell phone charger etc) then it loads normally as it should in about 3-5 seconds.

With the "both" part I'm browsing from the Source Menu, (like the screen in my avatar). I'd like to have both Real NAND and Emu NAND combined all the time under one icon so I can make a Nintendo64 one :)

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 15 second delay happens when booting from the homebrew channel or the forwarder(s). I have WiiFlow installed to SD card and the 15 second black screen at launch only happens when nothing is plugged into the usb port. If I plug in a usb device of any kind (hard drive/flash drive/cell phone charger etc) then it loads normally as it should in about 3-5 seconds.

With the "both" part I'm browsing from the Source Menu, (like the screen in my avatar). I'd like to have both Real NAND and Emu NAND combined all the time under one icon so I can make a Nintendo64 one :)
I have no idea why wfl and mastermod have a 15 second delay and wiiflow doesn't. i do know wfl and mastermod are based off of the last beta revision of wiiflow. and fix94 may have changed something from last official version and the beta revisions that were released after it.

as for "both" - the problem is there is no source menu for both nand types. i never realized it was needed. a couple work arounds:
1. use the plugins for real nand and emu nand. put them in the plugin folder then create a source menu button as a plugin and use multiple magic numbers separated by a comma (real nand magic#, emu nand magic#). to do this means you will have to edit source_menu.ini to make the new button.

2. enter source menu and press 'HOME' on your controller to enter its settings menu. then select multi select to on. now you can choose more than one source menu buttons and click done or back. this way you could select emu and real nand buttons.

Reactions: WesMods

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendont keeps giving me "disc not initialized errors" when trying to run gamecube games in WiiFlow lite same exact setup works perfect in USBLGX...what's the deal?

Im using Wiiflow lite v4.4.0r1135 and the latest version of nintendont on a WiiU vWii

Last edited by Bonestorm,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont keeps giving me "disc not initialized errors" when trying to run gamecube games in WiiFlow lite same exact setup works perfect in USBLGX...what's the deal?

Im using Wiiflow lite v4.4.0r1135 and the latest version of nintendont on a WiiU vWii
are your gamecube game on disc? or USB? or SD?
maybe nintendont had a update that makes it not compatible with wiiflow lite anymore. no one else has reported this. maybe try and older version of nintendont.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are your gamecube game on disc? or USB? or SD?
maybe nintendont had a update that makes it not compatible with wiiflow lite anymore. no one else has reported this. maybe try and older version of nintendont.
WiiFlow-lite doesn't like when gamecube games are in any folder other than games. I had them in a folder named NGC and they showed up in wiiflow lite menu after I set it in settings but like I said gave me the disc utilize error but when I changed the folder name from NGC to games they worked fine.

I wanted to use wiiflow lite and USBLGX at the same time but now that doesnt seem possible because I already have a PS3 CFW folder names games on this drive so I can't use that folder name for gamecube games in wiiflow lite, usblgx works fine from the NGC folder.

If I load up Nintendont directly from HBC without loader it also won't find gamecube games in any other folder other than games, it gives me the same disk could not be utilized error any way around this?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow-lite doesn't like when gamecube games are in any folder other than games. I had them in a folder named NGC and they showed up in wiiflow lite menu after I set it in settings but like I said gave me the disc utilize error but when I changed the folder name from NGC to games they worked fine.

I wanted to use wiiflow lite and USBLGX at the same time but now that doesnt seem possible because I already have a PS3 CFW folder names games on this drive so I can't use that folder name for gamecube games in wiiflow lite, usblgx works fine from the NGC folder.

If I load up Nintendont directly from HBC without loader it also won't find gamecube games in any other folder other than games, it gives me the same disk could not be utilized error any way around this?
sounds like you found the problem. when i get a chance i'll look at the code and see why that is. but don't count on it. i'm very busy right now.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should at least remove the option to set a custom gamecube path if you can't find time to fix it.

But cool thanks for the reply.
i was looking at the code ... haven't found anything yet. i will try changing GC games dir myself maybe wednesday.
something for you to try - i noticed your dir was all caps 'NGC'. could you try making it all lower case and try again?

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was looking at the code ... haven't found anything yet. i will try changing GC games dir myself maybe wednesday.
something for you to try - i noticed your dir was all caps 'NGC'. could you try making it all lower case and try again?
I tried with lowercase does not make a difference

did you have any luck?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with lowercase does not make a difference

did you have any luck?
yes - it's fixed and tested - try this boot.dol - http://www.mediafire.com/file/y92bowzdqbuntii/boot.dol

there was a line of code in gc.cpp that searched specifically for "games" and if didn't match it was considered a disc game hence the nintendont disc drive error. I changed a few lines of code and all works now. thanks for letting me know.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes - it's fixed and tested - try this boot.dol - http://www.mediafire.com/file/y92bowzdqbuntii/boot.dol

there was a line of code in gc.cpp that searched specifically for "games" and if didn't match it was considered a disc game hence the nintendont disc drive error. I changed a few lines of code and all works now. thanks for letting me know.
That did it! thanks man

How am I the only one to notice this? lol

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wiflow lite gives me a black screen 50% of times that I run a wii game. With gamecube games it works fine. And mastermod version works fine with both wii and gamecube, anyone knows why wiiflow lite crash? (Im loading from sd)

Last edited by arturogalaxy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__