Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm PLAYING IT NOW!!!!
biggrin.gif
Life is great, best game ever.
*Joins in laughing, but nervously, cause he naysayed too* ... no one will find out... right?

tranehigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Attention PAL users:

For those of you who have SMG working, had you previously performed the 10-15% update trick on MP3, and if so, did you have to do the same with SMG?

I'm curious about whether there's some connection there, or if the two updates are separate. As I recall, the MP3 update wasn't a Wii firmware update.

I am a PAL user who previously did the 15% MP3 trick.

I first tried running SMG on a brick-blocked version of the game WITHOUT doing the 15% trick for SMG, but it didn't work. I had to burn a non-brick-blocked version of SMG and do the 15% trick with it before the brick-blocked SMG would work.

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone else had this problem?

i played through the first bit of the game, i get to the part with the first planet. i beat the egg thing boss, and when i go back to the planet for the 2nd star, the game freezes on a white screen..

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i finally got around to burning SMG and testing it on my wii.. 2.2U wii firmware and wiikey(ORIGINAL, not a clone) w/ 1.9g on it........ was kinda happy to see that it worked and started updating, went back upstairs to my computer while it updated, after a few minutes i went back downstairs and noticed that the update was stuck at 15%... so i just powered it down and turned it back on, booted up and it no longer needed to update, looks like the PAL update trick works on US NTSC wii's as well lol for no real reason since i wouldnt have gotten dupe channels anyway.

just wanted to post that. my wiimote batteries crapped out otherwise i'd check to see if it still shows up as 2.2U or if it shows 3.1 in the wii settings

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add me to the list of successful upgrades.

NTSC (USA) Wii with WiiKey. No previous WiiKey updates or firmware - original one sent on chip. Wii had latest Nintendo update 3.1.

* Burned ISO using Nero. But can see why some people are confused at this step - seems to default to CD burn - simply switch back to DVD and burn.

* Put in DVD in Wii. Stare at woman's nice ass. Then click A - it did Test of firmware. Then I clicked Reset - it installed firmware. Ended so I reset it again.

* Put in Mario Galaxy - waited for auto window to show, nothing so clicked on box (one on main screen of Wii in up left). Immediately shown a Nintendo "update", clicked ok, updated, rebooted again when done - Super Mario Galaxy showed up in previous window.

* Play!!!
biggrin.gif

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NTSC USA Wii.
Authentic Wiikey.
Updated straight from 1.2 to 1.9g.
Burned SMG unpatched.
Works perfectly. Runs incredibly smooth, no errors or long load times.

I am satisfied!
smile.gif

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated my wiikey using the dvd.
Used the setup disk of wiikey to turn on region override
Burned a clean unpatched Mario Galaxy dvd using nero at 4X speed. (pleomax dvd-r)
Set my system language to English
Turned off the power at about 10-15% of the update
Meanwhile burned another Mario Galaxy dvd this time with WIIBrickblocker
Put it in.

SUUUUPPAAAA MAAARIOOOO GAALAXYYYYYY

This game is beyond awesome
wub.gif

*laughs at everyone who said Wiikey users where in for a loooooong wait* You know who you are
tongue.gif
its not beyond awsome.
its good, but repetitive :/

*waits for teh smash bros brawl*

theGrandWazoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade back to 1.9b?

The reason being, is that after I upgraded to 1.9g, my setup disc 1.3 doesn't work. So until I have time to devote to Super Mario Galaxy, I want to be able to use my Setup disc (via FW 1.9b).

Any help would be appreciated.

tGW

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone else had this problem?

i played through the first bit of the game, i get to the part with the first planet. i beat the egg thing boss, and when i go back to the planet for the 2nd star, the game freezes on a white screen..

i bet you have a Burn error
you should try to burn it again 4X Speed

i burned it at 4x

then at 2x

same problem

im using the same media i've always used (phillips lightscribe) with nero 8

i guess its not happening to anyone else
frown.gif

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States

mattm025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just had the Wiikey put in today and know nothing about updating it. I burned the 1.9g iso to a dvd and stuck it into my wii. The problem is that it says it's unable to read to disc. Anything I'm missing here? Should I use the 1.3 config disc first, then use the 1.9g disc? Remember to go easy on me... I'm new at this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5