• Start date
  • Views 102,859
  • Replies 403

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiSX beta 2.1 USB2 MOD IOS58 ( 04b ) ( you can use IOS 58 ( not CIOS ) from 4.3 system menu or wii shape )

WiiSX beta 2.1 USB2 MOD IOS58 ( 04b ) source

WiiSX beta 2.1 USB2 MOD CIOS 202 ( 02 ) ( you need to install CIOS 202 before use it )

I correct the IOS reload to IOS58 without need of DVD stuff

It suppose to work correctly now. Let's give a try report back your test.

I try this IOS58 mod on wii64 and it seem to be a bit slower than ios202 to load game. ( sorry if i got out of topic )

IOS 58 for golden eye : 4 sec.

IOS 202 for golden eye : 2 sec.

IOS 61 for golden eye : .............. a lot of sec. lol

Wii64 beta 1.1 "Honey" USB2 MOD IOS58

Wii64 beta 1.1 "Honey" USB2 MOD IOS58 Source

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks.

I tested mod04b.
I still can't see speed improvement with IOS58 (and it's maybe even a little slower than IOS202).

I still have the disconnection problem, and note that there's no sleep timer on my USB (is there on flash USBstick ?).

Using mod04b with IOS58, after few minutes (like 5min) the game freeze when accessing USB. (or some games, like Soul reaver, we can clearly see the next section is not loaded and when going into that part the game hang)
Then, if going back to the emulator GUI, and trying to access the game list from USB, the emulator hang too.

I tried the same hanging games back to Mod02 (with IOS202 v1), I never had this disconnecting problem, even after 1H of play.

I don't know if it's due to the mod, or due to the IOS itself.
Maybe the IOS is not that good at keeping USB alive, and this task is left to the software (original game, homebrew, etc.) ? :/

Edit : I launch it from HBC1.0.6(IOS36)

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After more testing i think IOS58 is a bit slower too. But i don't get freeze from usb hdd .... i launch it from wiiload ... maybe it change somthing ..

Maybe the support of that ios will be better when officially support .... from now i think we better use the IOS202 MOD for now.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in the HBC1.0.8 topic, Wiibricker posted this :
QUOTE said:
FAT32 partiton:

IOS58 original libogc (which is used in WiiXplorer)
Reading speed. 2500KB/s, writing speed. 1400KB/s

IOS58 with modified libogc (dont have USB1 anymore)
Reading speed. 5400KB/s, writing speed. 2400KB/s

IOS202 original libogc:
Reading speed. 8000KB/s, writing speed. 2900KB/s

NTFS partition:

IOS202 original libogc:
Reading speed. 11-12 MB/s, writing speed. 5.6 MB/s
Which LibOGC version did you use to make the IOS58 mod ?
if it's the one with still USB1.1, then IOS58 is limited to 2500K/s, and it could be doubled with the modified libOGC !

But, if your libOGC was already modified, then it's too bad and we won't have a fast IOS58 WiiSX
frown.gif

Well, yes, with reloading to IOS202
tongue.gif

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
in the HBC1.0.8 topic, Wiibricker posted this :
QUOTE said:
FAT32 partiton:

IOS58 original libogc (which is used in WiiXplorer)
Reading speed. 2500KB/s, writing speed. 1400KB/s

IOS58 with modified libogc (dont have USB1 anymore)
Reading speed. 5400KB/s, writing speed. 2400KB/s

IOS202 original libogc:
Reading speed. 8000KB/s, writing speed. 2900KB/s

NTFS partition:

IOS202 original libogc:
Reading speed. 11-12 MB/s, writing speed. 5.6 MB/s
Which LibOGC version did you use to make the IOS58 mod ?
if it's the one with still USB1.1, then IOS58 is limited to 2500K/s, and it could be doubled with the modified libOGC !

But, if your libOGC was already modified, then it's too bad and we won't have a fast IOS58 WiiSX
frown.gif

Well, yes, with reloading to IOS202
tongue.gif

I used the SVN one modified by tantric for IOS58, i just add some classic controller to it .... I think it's the fastest one ?!? Is it?

BeWop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So according to the compatibility list, Tales of Destiny II works with frame skipping, and it seems to work with frameskip on apart from the fact that I get these weird flashes, much like seeing a computer or TV with an old camera. Doing it without frameskip makes it very unplayable. I've tried Beta 2, 2.1 and all variations of mods, and I know it's playable in Beta 1+Frameskip, but I'd REALLY love to use a wiimote, because I'm a loser like that.
yaywii.gif

Anyone else get this error on any games, and how can you fix it? I did post a topic about it, but then I realized that this thread would probably be more appropriate, as if I'm getting this error, someone else probably will as well, and they would find it/fix it in here.

foolontehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
in the root of sd or usb wiisx/bios

I have a ton named

dthl3000.bin
dthl3002.bin
scph101.bin
scph1001.bin
scph5000.bin
scph5500.bin
scph5502.bin
scph7000.bin
scph7001.bin
scph7003.bin
scph7502.bin

Do i need to rename one or all of them and put them in usb wiisx/bios, or just copy them all into that folder.

I did manage to get Final Fantasy Tactics to load up (without doing anything with any of these files) but the classic controller would not work.

I was thinking I needed a bios maybe.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's a readme included with WiiSX telling you where to put all the files, and if you need to rename. Why not read it ? the name is not good enough to feel the need to read it ?
or you can read the "help" section I made here, you will also have the working games : http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compati...y_list_(beta_2)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh ? I better remove the link in the wiki then ?
Or write a notice ?

Why does the mod can be dangerous ? it's because of IOS58 of because of the MOD not initializing the IOS and using the libogc correctly ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's still available, but deprecated.
It wasn't stable to use. Tantric reverted all his homebrew's changes to go back to the old 202v1, and removed IOS202v1.1 installer.

If you want it badly, you can still find it on his google code website, but I'm not sure if he would agree that I give a direct link, as he removed it from his download list.
I let you search it by yourself on his website. (or it's could be even available on filetrip, did you look there ?)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it stable in WiiSX, but seeing Tantric to revert ALL his homebrews, I guess there's a problem.
I didn't follow the WiiMC development, and I couldn't find on WiiMC forum what the problem was.

Maybe it's only because it's not compatible with all the other homebrew, and people reverted to Hermes V4/v5 ?
If it's the only problem, I guess it's stable with WiiSX mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1