• Views 103,001
  • Replies 403

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant say i use any other besides the 1001 but if you place a different psx bios in there and rename it to the schp1001 i believe it will work. think it was programmed only to pick up 1001 as that bios tended to have the best compatibility

Speedwagon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see, but do you think it will make some games that didn't work with regular 1001, work? For instance, Persona 2 freezes when you get to the first Tutorial battle, and I did try renaming 1002, but it didn't fix that.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speedwagon33 said:
Ah, I see, but do you think it will make some games that didn't work with regular 1001, work? For instance, Persona 2 freezes when you get to the first Tutorial battle, and I did try renaming 1002, but it didn't fix that.

giving an honest answer, i dont think using a different bios will do anything radical. as for a factual answer, i dont know, i have always stuck by the 1001 bios

and as asked the format the usb hdd needs to be in fat or fat32

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the different Bios regions (1000 = JP, 1001 = USA, 1002 = PAL), I only found "Loaded [NTSC-U]" which had a bug with SCPH1001 but worked fine with SCPH1002.
The bug was present only on beta2.0, it's now working fine using with beta2.1

Either they have corrected Loaded bug, or the way the bios are read so it will send the correct data.

The Loaded bug was "Constant reset to title screen".
Maybe if you find another game with the same problem, you can try another bios version from the above list, but I think it should not matter anymore which version you use.

Speedwagon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see, thanks for the answers guys
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yes, I think Wii64/WiSX team is gonna use the same method in their next release now, it seems it's now the new "official" way to have USB2 in homebrew.
Simply reload to IOS58 when application starts and use the latest SVN libogc to compile your code.

However, until HBC is also updated to load IOS58 before the application, reloading an IOS will break DVD load support: this is the point of the startup code you (apparently) copypasted from snes9xgx, matguitarist, it checks if ahbprot has been set by HBC and if it is, it does not reload IOS58 (and you don't have USB2 speed). ahbprot is required for DVD support without DVDX, so you can't have both DVD & USB2 for the moment.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i launch it with wiiload and it's pretty fast i didn't try running from usb/sd

it's a USB2 MOD so i don't think people who download it use DVD, i think they use USB

if you want to use dvd feature use the official one

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why would you want to use dvd anyway you can fit maybe a dozen games on a disc and need to swap discs plus disc speed is much slower than usb in wii. discs are TOAST
laugh.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
matguitarist said:
i launch it with wiiload and it's pretty fast i didn't try running from usb/sd

it's a USB2 MOD so i don't think people who download it use DVD, i think they use USB

if you want to use dvd feature use the official one

my point was that it would have been simpler to just call reload(IOS58) when IOS258 is found on startup, without using all this code from snes9xgx to check for IOS versions, etc...
the check for ahbprot is only necessary if you want to use DVD, which as you already mentionned is not really the purpose of that MOD
and if it return TRUE (which only happen if you modify meta.xml so that HBC does not reload IOS when loading WiiSX) then IOS58 is not loaded and USB2 MOD will not be working anyway
wink2.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you
smile.gif

And both USB ports are working too, I have just tested it.

I didn't test a lot, but I can't see the speed difference for the moment.
Maybe I'll try another games.
Result :
Gran turismo : loading time in game, (from one menu to another) are the same.
Wipe out : Track loading : 9sec with mod02, 9~10sec with Mod04
Videos : Can't test, all my intro video in games works flawlessly in Mod02. Is there any game I can really test the access speed ?
(Edit : oh, maybe I should disable the frame limiter and try again)

Castlevania SOTN (J) : Mod02 works better than Mod04
frown.gif

The Konami logo & intro video are lagging in Mod04, while works fine in Mod02.

NTSC-U version is fine with Mod04.

Oh, and 2 times now, USB device just lose it's connexion after few minutes of playing.
I tested with an USB stick, not an HDD, there's no sleeping parameter.
Wiisx try to reconnect when it happens (and sometime it works).

Going to the Emu Gui and trying to access USB device just freeze the emulator.

I'll stick with Mod02.
I should try Tantric's Emu'sGX to see if there's the same problem.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
Yes, I think Wii64/WiSX team is gonna use the same method in their next release now, it seems it's now the new "official" way to have USB2 in homebrew.
Simply reload to IOS58 when application starts and use the latest SVN libogc to compile your code.

However, until HBC is also updated to load IOS58 before the application, reloading an IOS will break DVD load support: this is the point of the startup code you (apparently) copypasted from snes9xgx, matguitarist, it checks if ahbprot has been set by HBC and if it is, it does not reload IOS58 (and you don't have USB2 speed). ahbprot is required for DVD support without DVDX, so you can't have both DVD & USB2 for the moment.

according to wiibrew IOS58 is the default IOS that hbc uses now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH