tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
First game was actually dumped more than a year ago by venom

pqEyXwX.png

Reading elsewhere "for those not conned into the latest money-making scheme by the WiiKey U folks to peddle an unnecessary Wii U ODE device
PoWeRUp has all of the Nintendo Wii U SDK's and Game Title Keys and plans to release them for free to spite the dubious scene profiteers"

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, have you kids every used a Playstation 3? Do you nintendo fanboys only stick to Nintendo consoles??
PS3 games are up to 50 GB, we've been downloading and sharing them for years.

This is how it's like with Blu Ray.

This is partially true, one of the reasons why a lot of PS3 rips are so huge is that they copy the same data to the disk in multiple places. The PS3's drive was so slow it was a neat solution for getting a bit better seek times out of it. Of course installing to the internal hard drive was a much better speed up. I seem to remember some one on a forum talking about adding support to the loader for finding and merging the duplicate data. Would have saved a lot of space for sure. Might have been DeanK, he usually does most of the cool stuff :)

You can also trim a lot of space from your PS3 rips by going into the folder of the game via FTP and deleting any of the language files you don't want or use. Sometimes you can shave off almost a GB depending on the game.

Also delete the update folder too, 256MB's alone right there.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
These WiiU games will probably be able to be scrubbed just like wii games, both dumps so far are full disc images even though in both cases padding amounts to 80%+, Anyway they arent that big, Besides PS3, look at some PC games even, 41.02 GB for Wolfenstein The New Order. I know it wll take a while on dialup but arent we all on Uncapped Fast Broadband in this day and age ??

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the "scene" is usually very closely connected with the flashcard/modchip developers (if not the same people) i think people are getting excited about the dumps for the wrong reason...........its more likely these releases are just to support the ode manufactures, gone are the days of free hacks its all about making a product......even if it isn't technically needed

Depends what you recognise as the Scene. Now there have been interesting crossovers throughout the years but the, usually Chinese, manufacturers of flash carts and mod chips and the people that release games and the like are a different matter.

As for the "it would take over a day" crowd... so?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
scene members are cloak and dagger at the best of times, im sure they wouldnt want to connect themselves to the production/helping of the flashcard companies, there has been a few "omg it was him involved all along" moments in the past.....im sure there has been far more never heard about involvments...........imo people can do what they like but never put scene releases coinciding with product releases as coincidence :P

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am suprised noone has mentioned this yet. Wii U discs, like Wii discs, are encrypted. With the Wii we were able to decrypt them to find out which areas were game data and which were garbage data, which could then be scrubbed so it would compress. We can't do that with the Wii U yet, so the only option is to release the full, unscrubbed image. That is why all releases with be the full disc size until the decryption is figured out.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am suprised noone has mentioned this yet. Wii U discs, like Wii discs, are encrypted. With the Wii we were able to decrypt them to find out which areas were game data and which were garbage data, which could then be scrubbed so it would compress. We can't do that with the Wii U yet, so the only option is to release the full, unscrubbed image. That is why all releases with be the full disc size until the decryption is figured out.
There is an AES key in the nfo though, that may be related.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the REAL Question is= wiiU dump have UNIQUEID like 3ds games?
the good of ODE (ps3,xbox360) is the 99% sure no ban...
but we haven't another method of backups on wiiU..

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This was in the nfo:
Game ID : ..............................................ARDE01
Is that what you mean?

No i mean that: 3ds games have unique id (u not read the news on firts page some days ago?), if u share your backup and the ID get banned, u can't play the same cartridge anymore on nintendo 3ds multiplayer.
i want know if the wiiU disc can have the same protection...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
afaik nobody at all has been banned on the 3DS even though there is a ton of people using the shared headers on a whole bunch of different games, the front page news was more of a "we don't know what will happen/lets create theories about what will happen" article

as for the wii u time will tell but i doubt it tbh

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
the REAL Question is= wiiU dump have UNIQUEID like 3ds games?
the good of ODE (ps3,xbox360) is the 99% sure no ban...
but we haven't another method of backups on wiiU..

No one knows for sure (at least publicly) so maybe a way around it? As for me I don't play online on Wii so doubt I will when I get my Wii u. I only play Mario and donkey Kong and Zelda on Nintendo consoles so don't need Wii key really but want to play emulators on the gamepad tbh :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1