deformyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@BullyWiiPlaza
All I'm asking for is a decent tutorial but it seems like too much. Did you fully install it yourself? Apparently not, because you wouldn't have that many errors in the guide. Now that I did one it will be easy to follow for everyone.[/USER]
I successfully compiled and ran it without a tutorial to hold my hands. I'm sure this tutorial isn't entirely correct yet, I just quickly wrote it yesterday. But there's no need to call names because you could need to write python3 instead of python. If someone is capable if coding he would have noticed that. The fact you can't get it to work says more about your skills than libwiiu/the tutorial.
Oh and tanks for the windows tutorial, I'll add it to the thread if you don't mind.

Last edited by deformyer,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  • If you're on linux: open your .bashrc (press ALT+F2 then enter gedit .bashrc) and make sure it ends like this:
    export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkit
    pro
    export DEVKITARM=/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM
    export DEVKITPPC=/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC
    export PATH=$PATH:/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin
    (Note the lowercase p)
    If you're on Mac: enter these lines in the terminal each time before you compile
Why is this split in two parts? :wtf:
Also, sorry, I forgot to mention that gedit only works on Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and other GNOME-based distros, while KDE-based distros (like Kubuntu, Chakra) have kate, XFCE has mousepad, LXDE has leafpad and Linux Mint has another, whose name I can't recall :(

deformyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@nastys thanks for the feedback, I've only used ubuntu. As I would like to keep things general, I won't add every Linux editor (there are just too much Linux distros). Oh and Python isnt preinstalled on Mac, so i'll keep that there

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@nastys thanks for the feedback, I've only used ubuntu. As I would like to keep things general, I won't add every Linux editor (there are just too much Linux distros). Oh and Python isnt preinstalled on Mac, so i'll keep that there
Python actually is preinstalled on Mac...
Anyway, I think you accidentaly split the content of the spoiler...
Schermata del 2015-06-19 18:04:04.png

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why is this split in two parts? :wtf:
Also, sorry, I forgot to mention that gedit only works on Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and other GNOME-based distros, while KDE-based distros (like Kubuntu, Chakra) have kate, XFCE has mousepad, LXDE has leafpad and Linux Mint has another, whose name I can't recall :(

Use editor "nano" in all linux distro is present

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, help each others and help improving the guide instead of insulting and criticizing other users.

This thread is a place to get help running AND developing new homebrew. Not just a tutorial to compile the exploit for newbies who don't understand how to make homebrew.
This is not a "end user launching method to boot your pirated game copy", but meant for developers to create a good development environment for their own projects. End users don't need to compile anything, just host or visit a link to an exiting homebrew.
behave like grownup developers and help fix bugs, share your code to others to make things easier for everyone if you know a better method or code.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the easy tutorial.
I m not a developer, I just tested the website http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl on my european wii u (5.3.2E) and here are the results:

-Hello world gives a black screen (without the text "Hello world" being displayed);
-Other apps just freeze the browser.

Btw I remind guys who want to test the exploit (again) not to forget to block nintendo servers! (I used opendns method)

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the easy tutorial.
I m not a developer, I just tested the website http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl on my european wii u (5.3.2E) and here are the results:
-Hello world gives a black screen (without the text "Hello world" being displayed);
-Other apps just freeze the browser.
Btw I remind guys who want to test the exploit (again) not to forget to block nintendo servers! (I used opendns method)

None of those work for me either so he did something wrong as my builds work fine.
If you want to try the haxx you can go here: (only the 5.3.2 payload is on my site)
http://crediar.no-ip.com/wiiuhaxx

Reactions: depaul

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
None of those work for me either so he did something wrong as my builds work fine.
If you want to try the haxx you can go here: (only the 5.3.2 payload is on my site)
http://crediar.no-ip.com/wiiuhaxx
I have tried your link but it locks up the browser the same as the original one does, it just sits there unresponsive and has to be turned off by hand or does it take a few minutes waiting time to kick in?. I don't know?. Mines on a UK 5.3.2. Thanks for the work though guys.

Edit: maybe its a European problem with the exploit as it seems the other guy is having issues as well and hes from France and I'm from the UK? Have you got a guy on the team that is testing European consoles?

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_