Not open for further replies.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wrong.
You can decrypt NUS files directly in a PC to make them "Loadiine ready" (this is the decrypted format btw)
You only need the title key and/or title.tik to decrypt the NUS files.
Right, and it's worth noting that there's really no need to make the files Loadiine ready anymore when the standard is installation via WupInstaller Mod. With Loadiine, you'd be running BoTW off an SD card and the performance would be pretty slow I imagine.

isanchez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is where I got confused. I was told to do just that, I assume they thought I was going to use Loadiine. I only use WUPInstaller.
I'm pretty sure that you just put the tik in the folder with the other files, put it in the sd and pop it in the wii u and run WUPInstaller

Reactions: Serfrost

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is where I got confused. I was told to do just that, I assume they thought I was going to use Loadiine. I only use WUPInstaller.

Ok, I will explain it.

The files you download from NUS are NUS files that can be installed directly to your console, provided you have a ticket file.

A ticket file can be pulled from the disc, or fakesigned if we only have the title key, but then you need sig patches to run the game.

A WUD is a Wii U Disc Image, which is an exact copy of the disc, which can be decrypted with the title key and made into Loadiine ready files or NUS files for the USB method.

The NUS files can also be decrypted into Loadiine ready files, but Loadiine is a pile of trash and nobody should use it anymore.

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that you just put the tik in the folder with the other files, put it in the sd and pop it in the wii u and run WUPInstaller
Great. Then we're all on the same page and hopefully no one has to embarrass themselves with this question again.

Reactions: Hothead

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then blame my lack of sleep for two days. Do I need a reason to appease you?
Okay let me sum it up a bit.
NUS files are used to install the game to the console.
You fakesign them to use the brazilian method.

You can get the Loadiine ready files directly from the NUS files by using CDecrypt alongside the title.tik, title.tik and the Wii U's Common key.

It's not hard, I did that with all the VC games I wanted to test out.

Reactions: Hothead

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay let me sum it up a bit.
NUS files are used to install the game to the console.
You fakesign them to use the brazilian method.

You can get the Loadiine ready files directly from the NUS files by using CDecrypt alongside the title.tik, title.tik and the Wii U's Common key.

It's not hard, I did that with all the VC games I wanted to test out.
You don't have to fakesign anything if we have a ticket file from the disc.

Reactions: varaquez

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I will explain it.

The files you download from NUS are NUS files that can be installed directly to your console, provided you have a ticket file.

A ticket file can be pulled from the disc, or fakesigned if we only have the title key, but then you need sig patches to run the game.

A WUD is a Wii U Disc Image, which is an exact copy of the disc, which can be decrypted with the title key and made into Loadiine ready files or NUS files for the USB method.

The NUS files can also be decrypted into Loadiine ready files, but Loadiine is a pile of trash and nobody should use it anymore.

I agree Loadiine shouldn't be used. On the other hand, thanks for the explanation. Though I'm sure I'll forget again because I'm like that..

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
exactly and it would have the tik already which i was saying earlier
And I didn't disagree with that. I said it's entirely possible for someone to upload the WUD without the title key, which used to happen all the time before when only certain people could dump WUDs, before we had a homebrew app to do it properly.

thisjamal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a store in miami that sell video game early is called Multivest Video Games you can look it up in google and it appear the facebook page they already have horizon zero dawn they may have zelda for those who live in miami

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that my question has been answered and I've been enlightened as to know I don't need to decrypt anything on the PC side of things, I'm going to be moving my files to SD...

Please freeze me until the tik releases.

Reactions: Benja81 and Jdub599

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
At this point is better to wait for a full WUD dump or wait after release to extract it from NUS than looking for TIKs or Keys
I was hopping for the TIK get leaked last week or maybe this weekend but it didnt.
Still remember when people were trying to Brute Force it last week lol
Its been one hell of a thread lol

Reactions: XRaTiX

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point is better to wait for a full WUD dump or wait after release to extract it from NUS than looking for TIKs or Keys
I was hopping for the TIK get leaked last week or maybe this weekend but it didnt.
Still remember when people were trying to Brute Force it last week lol
Its been one hell of a thread lol
dont worry, i have a sneaking suspicion a leak will come soon...

Reactions: Benja81

FawfulCopter27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just clarifying, can you install the European NUS files using wupinstaller even if you have a US system? After you have the EU title.tik, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +3