Hacking Will I get banned?

kitzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but:
1. Nobody, with these questions, looks at sticky threads nor uses the search function.
2. Mods will never do sticky thread about this.

Yeah They could just put up

Sticky Will Nintendo Ban Me?

No one can say for sure if you are safe.

Best Routes to take include: Staying offline. Not using your actual Nintendo Account on a modded Switch. Downloading from CDN FREESHOP NXshop leads to higher rate of bans.

If you are worried about possibly getting banned you can: Buy a secondary Switch Tablet to use for modding.

Or wait for a Better solution for staying connected to the servers which are not currently available.

Reactions: SykoLogic

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah They could just put up

Sticky Will Nintendo Ban Me?

No one can say for sure if you are safe.

Best Routes to take include: Staying offline. Not using your actual Nintendo Account on a modded Switch. Downloading from CDN FREESHOP NXshop leads to higher rate of bans.

If you are worried about possibly getting banned you can: Buy a secondary Switch Tablet to use for modding.

Or wait for a Better solution for staying connected to the servers which are not currently available.
Thanks for this info!

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How does the System ban works ? Does it ban the actual machine or only the NAND ? By that I mean if in the future we can install EmuNAND, if the EmuNAND get banned, will the SysNAND be okay ?

I also heard you can get your account banned. Is there some other kind of ban ?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the System ban works ? Does it ban the actual machine or only the NAND ? By that I mean if in the future we can install EmuNAND, if the EmuNAND get banned, will the SysNAND be okay ?

It bans the system cert for the regular ban.

There are three types of bans:
1- Console ban (bans the console's certificate, unique per console, from online play)
2- Account ban (bans the account)
3- Superban (bans the console from all online services)

Reactions: Ritsuki
D

Deleted User

If Emunand gets banned, sysnand is banned as well

D

Deleted User

Yeah, but if you have a backup of your nand and never go online, and you restore it before go online again, why are you not protected ??
The point of restoring just to playing online is pointless and time consuming. No Emunand exist yet but if you keep Emunand completely offline and sysnand pure with no hacks, you should be fine. You can still unban with another certificate from another Switch but it might be worse than it was on the 3DS.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of restoring just to playing online is pointless and time consuming. No Emunand exist yet but if you keep Emunand completely offline and sysnand pure with no hacks, you should be fine. You can still unban with another certificate from another Switch but it might be worse than it was on the 3DS.

Conflicting dauth requests would instaban, and possibly get superbans depending on how Nintendo starts implementing their superban policies.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks a lot, I was still hesitating, the homebrew part seemed really promising but I really don't care enough about that or backup loading to get my Switch banned. And apparently they managed to find some nice ways to detect modifications on the console

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
You are already banned when installing a pirated game unless you restore your NAND without going online.

This is BS! you cant unban by restoring your NAND. A Ban does not in any way modify your NAND. A ban is simply nintendo adding your machine to a banlist on the serverside.
They do this by adding your console's ID or your nintendo account to this list. and these ID's are the same on your NAND backup as well so it doesn't really matter if you restore your NAND.

The NAND backup is usually for two things, Unbricking (You know when the console does not boot because you didn't read the instructions properly) and downgrading.

Also, there is no way to tell if or when you are going to get banned. Some have been banned and of course these are the ones who goes online and tell you about it. Some have not got banned yet.
It's a gamble.

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another one of these

You are eventually going to get banned.

If you care so much about online just buy a 2nd used Switch for cheap and sell all the extras.

I did just that
Bought a used Switch with Skyrim for £219
Sold the dock and adapter for £30
Sold Skyrim for £10 (unfortunately didn't come with box so worth less)
I needed another pair of JoyCons so I kept those which usually cists £65

So the total amount I spent for a 2nd Switch after subtracting the extras which can be sold was
£105
That's the same price as getting 3 Switch games. Surely playing more than 4 backups (lol) makes this already worth the price.

I kept my original Switch for Smash Bros, Pokémon, Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 online. But I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts why I bought a 2nd Switch now as paying £20 a year for online pass and buying games for online where usually Nintendo's online sucks probably not worth it. I may just sell my legit Switch off now and just stick to hacked one as I don't think I would really miss online.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the good thing about the switch is that if you buy a second one you can just mount it on the dock without messing around with cables. I have that issue. I can't really get behind my entertainment center, so that would work out well for me. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: