Windows 11. Yay or Nay?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's a toggle in your bios. Search up your motherboard and how to turn it on.
There's a bios update for my motherboard for windows 11 support and it enables this by default with the new update. Before on the previous bios ver. It's was off by default.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yay.:D

Ohne Titel-1.jpg

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
So far no problems with it. All software works fine nothing is broken.

It looks nicer and sleek. The menus look better. I'm liking more then 10.

HDR seems to work better too. In windows 10 hdr was crap.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

SaberLilly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i put it on my desktop and its okay, i mean it took longer to get it setup to install than it did to actually install it, im just hoping that MS eventually drops these lame restrictions and just goes back to the basics that they've been using since 7, because i have this nice little touchscreen latpop and i wanna see how they adjusted that aspect of the OS.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I'm good. Hell I was on 7 until just this past year when I made my new build and moved to 10.

Anyone in the industry will tell you that moving onto the newest thing too soon is going to cause problems. You're basically a public beta tester at that point. Also if I recall right Win11 is having issues right now with the file explorer eating RAM like crazy. Not worth it, not for awhile.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll considering updating to it in maybe a year or 2 when all launch issues are resolved and there's a significant benefit, else i'll just ride out windows 10 until it's eol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm still on Win 7 on me lappy so nope.
Me server will be running Win 10 till EOL or till I decide to upgrade the hardware, which will probably be around Win 10 EOL lol.

I've ran the betas/release candidates of Win 7 back in the day, never had such a stable and wonderful OS aside from Win2k and 98SE.
Nah, I've skipping Win 11 in the betas and I'm not going to upgrade to it just yet.
It took me... ~5 years to switch to Win 10, pretty sure Win 11 will be the same story haha.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well my laptop processor in unsupported... and I don't feel confident doing some weird stuff to update if my 4 year old laptop will still receive w10 update during 4 years more...

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on Win 7 on me lappy so nope.
Me server will be running Win 10 till EOL or till I decide to upgrade the hardware, which will probably be around Win 10 EOL lol.

I've ran the betas/release candidates of Win 7 back in the day, never had such a stable and wonderful OS aside from Win2k and 98SE.
Nah, I've skipping Win 11 in the betas and I'm not going to upgrade to it just yet.
It took me... ~5 years to switch to Win 10, pretty sure Win 11 will be the same story haha.
Are you at least getting extended security updates on the Windows 7 laptop?

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Reactions: Alexander1970

rimoJO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rimojo.com
XP
Country
United States
not even a few days in and it's already broken

- unity hid my cursor and it still hasn't given it back
- they actually took away the feature of dragging icons onto your taskbar
- lego island requires even more debugging than it did before to even run
- VC6 still doesn't work
- for the last time unity please give me my cursor back
- skype automatically signs out

well then, time to get out the windows 10 dvd again i guess

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already posted this in the W11 group, but I accidentally updated and didn't like a few things (right click context menu especially) so I'm back on W10 for as long as possible now.

Reactions: Alexander1970

ElSasori69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Absolutely no, As a normal user just wait until it gets more stable, I personally didn't started to use Windows 10 until like 2 years ago,

Reactions: SAIYAN48

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely no, As a normal user just wait until it gets more stable, I personally didn't started to use Windows 10 until like 2 years ago,
Eh, a normal user is varied between being exited/worried about wanting to upgrade to 11 and being oblivious about updating at all.

Most people do not care if its stable or not as they do not really pay attention to that. They just want familiarity and the comfort that things will work the way it always has been. Anything outside of that will be an aversion to them which is why MS shit the bed during the Win8 Era, and have not fully recovered since then in the public eye.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious to play around with it - do you not have to wait until it pops up in "Windows Update" to actually perform the upgrade? My PC is "Windows 11 ready" according to the Health app

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious to play around with it - do you not have to wait until it pops up in "Windows Update" to actually perform the upgrade? My PC is "Windows 11 ready" according to the Health app
There are a few ways to go about it depending on your skill level. The easiest would be waiting for it to pop up in the update system and going for it. You can also download the update tool from Microsoft directly and push it to upgrade right away. You can also do this straight up with an .iso if they offer them still.

That said I would be very weary of doing any kind of updates to this on any mainline system. Use a secondary system that is not important to your every day use or use a VM if possible (if they fixed that problem yet that is) if you are that interested.

Reactions: appleburger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...